Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome SCS Members!
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mouthslammer
alright bob, lmk if this information is true. i just heard that crit at scs closed down SCS and sold out to you. how correct is this??? i know SCS has said it would be back up for 2 weeks now. thats some bull.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(mouthslammer @ Dec 31 2006, 10:26 PM)
alright bob,  lmk if this information is true.  i just heard that crit at scs closed down SCS and sold out to you.  how correct is this???

I'll simply borrow a line from the message currently posted on SCS...

Ignore the rumors and stick with the facts.

-Bob
mouthslammer
ignore what??? he has had that up for over 2 weeks. if he closed the site up, just man up and tell everyone. i heard it from the guy at sportscardfreaks...........
bob_TCC
QUOTE(mouthslammer @ Dec 31 2006, 10:36 PM)
ignore what???  he has had that up for over 2 weeks.  if he closed the site up,  just man up and tell everyone.  i heard it from the guy at sportscardfreaks...........

The "guy" at SCF should not speak about things that he doesn't know about. Doing so is unwise and tends to make one look foolish. wink.gif

By the way, when and if TCC ever makes any acquisitions, we would obviously announce those moves to our members and the public. We would not rely on the rumor mill to spread that message.

-Bob
mouthslammer
alright, i will believe it when i see it..........thanks for the heads up
mouthslammer
SCS is obviously done........randallcards was the marshall over there and now is a super moderator on sportscardfreaks. i'm sure you can't be a moderator on 2 sites. im sure either owner of either site wouldnt allow that.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(mouthslammer @ Dec 31 2006, 11:34 PM)
SCS is obviously done........randallcards was the marshall over there and now is a super moderator on sportscardfreaks.  i'm sure you can't be a moderator on 2 sites.  im sure either owner of either site wouldnt allow that.

Honestly, that really doesn't mean much. There are a few "moderators" on various sites that are constantly moving to another site because the "grass is greener" there. Therefore, one should not be shocked to see those same moderators jump right back to SCS - if they believe that is in their best self interest.

With that said, I'm confident that Crit will be re-evaluating the SCS Team. wink.gif

-Bob
bob_TCC
Rather than focusing any longer on what's not available at SCS right now, I simply wanted to welcome our special guests again! If you haven't done so already, please click here and enter to win a FREE hobby box of 2006 Fleer Football.

-Bob
doniceage
With that said, I'm confident that Crit will be re-evaluating the SCS Team. 

-Bob

Bob,
Do you really think he will be reevaluating anything. As he was suppose to install his family as Mod's. When I seen that I was like SCS is sinking fast. He even offered me to be the Marshall or sheriff of hockey (I said no). SO where was the grass greener. SCS could come back alive and well and you know what it time to move on. Of course Crit can bring SCS back from the graveyard but the main problem is this who will he be leading SCS with castoffs. I am not sure who would go back after all the broken promises.

Many said Crit paid for a place for them to trade. I ask now where is SCS and if he given us a place to trade where is that place. It seems to be that it doesnt' exist of course all those people like Michael Anderson who were always claiming all the great Crit did I ask what about all the people like JOHN, CLIFF, MIKE, DWIGHT, ROBBY, JOE, and many members and mod's that put time and CASH into SCS. Alas, Crit paid the bills so he got the Credit. That is like giving a mom on welfare credit for paying the bills (YEAH RIGHT).

P.S. I hope Crit does come back with SCS as it will be fun to see your quote.
Will he have a team to reevaluate as it just him and his family left that didn't jump ship.
bob_TCC
Don,

I would simply point out that you, I and others that you mentioned have a much greater knowledge of the behind-the-scenes details that went on at SCS and other trading card sites. That knowledge comes with being a team member of any site.

At times, that knowledge also means we're a little too close to the situation though and can lose sight of the hundreds to thousands of collectors that don't know or care about those behind-the-scenes details. They simply want a place to hang out and unwind as part of their everyday life.

Ultimately, that's what we're all trying to provide to the best of our ability. As with all things in life, some will just be better than others at doing it. Right?

With that said, I'll quickly address a few of your specific comments...

QUOTE(doniceage @ Jan 6 2007, 05:44 AM)
Do you really think he will be reevaluating anything.

Whether he personally wanted to or not, the situation now requires that he'll need to do so. It's just reality.

QUOTE(doniceage @ Jan 6 2007, 05:44 AM)
SO where was the grass greener.  SCS could come back alive and well and you know what it time to move on.  Of course Crit can bring SCS back from the graveyard but the main problem is this who will he be leading SCS with castoffs.

The "grass is always greener" comment was directed at those that would shop themselves around long before the recent downtime started. For example, the Marshall in place at the time the site last went down had moved around to the team of several sites over the last 1 to 1.5 years. wink.gif

I do think the term "castoffs" is unfair. In the end, each of the trading card sites are simply made up of regular collectors who have formed a larger community. As with any community (online or physical), some members of that community become leaders. So, until it's clear who will be team members at SCS when it returns, I would reserve judgement on them. wink.gif

Now, back to one of my earlier comments...

I and the entire TradingCardCentral.com Team understand that there are hundreds to thousands of collectors that don't know or care about the behind-the-scenes details at SCS. To those collectors, we offer the Collector Zone as a place to hang out and unwind as part of your everyday life. Enjoy! smile.gif

-Bob
doniceage
Bob,
That what we all do and what we should (offer collectors a place to trade). Couldn't agree with you more.

p.s. Its all good just need to work to make the hobby safe, enjoyable, no matter where your at. In the end treat people like you want to be treated and it all better for the hobby. Now if the card companies would take that committment to heart.

D
O
N
sundevilpride
QUOTE(doniceage @ Jan 7 2007, 10:49 AM)
Bob,
That what we all do and what we should (offer collectors a place to trade).  Couldn't agree with you more. 

p.s. Its all good just need to work to make the hobby safe, enjoyable, no matter where your at.  In the end treat people like you want to be treated and it all better for the hobby.  Now if the card companies would take that committment to heart.

D
O
N

Well put Don!

Josh
bob_TCC
Now that many of our SCS friends are settling in more and more, I wanted to invite each of them to spread the word about TCC. If you can't be together there, why not be together here?

If you click the Referrals link in the top menu bar, you'll find HTML code that you can quickly and easily paste into your web site in order to tell others about TCC. That HTML code already includes your unique referral ID which means your account will automatically get credited with the members that you refer. wink.gif

-Bob
DiaperDandy
I admit I tested those greener pastures and found that I was far more at home here and enjoy the time spent here far more... I like the people that I meet on other sites and encourage them to come and check us out as well.... but as the posting reads....a special welcome goes out to all of the SCS visitors!!
meuandthelot
Looks like SCS owner has hit a few Sunday/Monday snags with someone, only reason I care is there are MANY people who had trades "In-Progress" PM's, and many things stored there and are worried..I would be too.

Oh well..
Not exactly sure what TCC did to become the forwarding beneficiary but at least SCS picked a good/safe site to re-direct to.

I just wish SCS staff would update people a bit more, because The bottom line is we are all just card collector/hobbiests, and even though it was a free site the "Not Knowing stress" in un-warranted and is creating problems between us.

welcome to TCC!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(meuandthelot @ Jan 11 2007, 07:17 AM)
I just wish SCS staff would update people a bit more, because The bottom line is we are all just card collector/hobbiests, and even though it was a free site the "Not Knowing stress" in un-warranted and is creating problems between us.

Trust me, as soon as I know more, I will share it here. wink.gif

-Bob
bob_TCC
During December and January, we have had over 5000 visitors from SCS. Again, we are very pleased to welcome you to our community! We hope that you like what you see. wink.gif

-Bob
Chicagobears34
Im a team member over there and I can honestly say I have NO idea what is going on over there. I look at it like this if they dont want to make an attempt to get in touch with one of their Deps why should I make a special attempt to them. Never said this before but if something isnt done soon I will just forget SCS altogether
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Chicagobears34 @ Jan 15 2007, 05:16 PM)
Im a team member over there and I can honestly say I have NO idea what is going on over there.  I look at it like this if they dont want to make an attempt to get in touch with one of their Deps why should I make a special attempt to them.  Never said this before but if something isnt done soon I will just forget SCS altogether

Your frustration is certainly understandable. If I had information to share, I would share it here. I don't though, so why not jump in and begin exploring what's offered here? I'll warn you though... Many collectors have never escaped once they've started their TCC experience. wink.gif

-Bob
artyman60
HAHA it is an addictive place to be. I only wanted to post a few times

now 5000 + later i cant help but come back every day

shocking.gif I got TCC running through my veins !!!!
DiaperDandy
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jan 15 2007, 06:21 PM)
Your frustration is certainly understandable.  If I had information to share, I would share it here.  I don't though, so why not jump in and begin exploring what's offered here?  I'll warn you though...  Many collectors have never escaped once they've started their TCC experience.  wink.gif

-Bob

Very well put!!!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(artyman60 @ Jan 15 2007, 05:23 PM)
HAHA it is an addictive place to be. I only wanted to post a few times

now 5000 + later i cant help but come back every day

shocking.gif I got TCC running through my veins !!!!

Sorry about that... We forgot to give Arty his medicine today. laugh.gif

It's not a pretty site when his eyes start to do that... ohmy.gif

-Bob
DiaperDandy
Let me in on those meds as well!! Welcome SCS!!!
BagwellFan25
I've been a member for a short while here at TCC, but predominantly a Cadet over at SCS...

Thanks for the hospitality on behalf of all SCS members...there is SCS, TCC, and many more trading sites out there, but the bottom line is, as stated several times above, we're all in it for the hobby. Thanks for opening up the doors to us and allowing us to join you...

Even when SCS does come back up, I will continue to come here to trade...I've been quite pleased so far...Thanks!
DiaperDandy
QUOTE(BagwellFan25 @ Jan 18 2007, 10:18 PM)
I've been a member for a short while here at TCC, but predominantly a Cadet over at SCS...

Thanks for the hospitality on behalf of all SCS members...there is SCS, TCC, and many more trading sites out there, but the bottom line is, as stated several times above, we're all in it for the hobby.  Thanks for opening up the doors to us and allowing us to join you...

Even when SCS does come back up, I will continue to come here to trade...I've been quite pleased so far...Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words and TCC certainly appreciates the endorsement...Continue on enjoying the benefits and good times smile.gif
bob_TCC
I'd like to welcome each and every one of our special guests as they become part of the TCC community! It's great to have you join us! smile.gif

Again, welcome! If you have any questions about the site, just let any member of the Collector Zone Team know. We're here to help. wink.gif

In addition, we're working directly with SCS in order to provide everyone with an update in the near future.

-Bob
proGr@m217
i think it's safe to say, scs is gone.
ITG Franchises Man
I was talking on UCB (Ultimate Card Board) to a person who used to be a mod and knows the owner of the site, he said "The Owners thinks everyone there is to unstable and is not going to attempt any revival ."
jaderock
QUOTE(ITG Franchises Man @ Feb 2 2007, 12:53 AM)
"The Owners thinks everyone there is to unstable and is not going to attempt any revival ."

ohmy.gif unsure.gif blink.gif
2000 rushing yards
Wow... Not bringing back SCS, that's weird.

WElcome all SCS members to tCC!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(proGr@m217 @ Feb 2 2007, 01:59 AM)
i think it's safe to say, scs is gone.

While it's been down for quite awhile, time will only tell what the future holds for SCS...

-Bob
tmburton22
QUOTE(aceecards @ Nov 29 2006, 12:28 AM)
welcome to all who share a passion for the hobby and the community it spawns..

One word of caution.. once you visit here it may become a permanent addiction!!

Could not have said it better myself ACE!
jer123pat123

that works for me if that works for you lmk
jer123pat123
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Feb 2 2007, 04:17 PM)
While it's been down for quite awhile, time will only tell what the future holds for SCS...

-Bob

hope you stay around for a while thanks for a great site

jerry
proGr@m217
i seriously doubt its coming back. lol.
tootalltoma
QUOTE(proGr@m217 @ Feb 8 2007, 04:04 AM)
i seriously doubt its coming back. lol.

WELL, sad.gif being a member of the sheriff and not to hear anything from anybody about what went down... ohmy.gif

All i have to say is ............................

THERES a new sheriff in town and it laugh.gif TCC!!!
thanks for be a solid trading site, and the warm welcome that all of the members and mods have wrote for the member of sheriff trading board.
thanks for being the site that you have already been to me and other traders.
LONG LIVE TRADING CARD CENTRAL biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
TOOTALLTOMA
Bondsaway
SCS is gone. All the mods up and quit and made their own site! So we all lose all that feedback we built there! We know where Bob lives so he won't be closing down unless he moves to another town!
ffman
QUOTE(Bondsaway @ Mar 1 2007, 02:24 PM)
We know where Bob lives so he won't be closing down unless he moves to another town!

laugh.gif
baseballguy601

did you but it like the rumor says?

QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Nov 28 2006, 11:53 PM)
SCS = SportsCardSheriff.com

-Bob

ffman
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ Mar 1 2007, 02:54 PM)
did you but it like the rumor says?

I have a feeling that Bob would tell us if something like that did happen.
baseballguy601
idk wink.gif laugh.gif
hernant15
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 1 2007, 05:55 PM)
I have a feeling that Bob would tell us if something like that did happen.

What is that rumour??
ffman
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Mar 1 2007, 03:00 PM)
What is that rumour??

That Bob bought SCS.
hernant15
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 1 2007, 06:01 PM)
That Bob bought SCS.

You are kidding? Why would he need SCS? unsure.gif
baseballguy601
to get all the members here
idk
ffman
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ Mar 1 2007, 03:05 PM)
to get all the members here
idk

laugh.gif

Not at you, just the rumor........
Bondsaway
If he did anything it would have been to buy the mailing list of members. Not the site!
baseballguy601
well idk

i didnt start the rumor
hernant15
Well, by the way, as everybody is coming to this topic, I'll remind you:

Thursday Chat night, today at 9 PM EST!!!
baseballguy601
yeah

chat doesnt work for me

IDK why
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.