Rare Memorabilia Featured in Strike Zone's First Online Auction
Broadway Rick's Strike Zone today released the catalog for its 52nd auction and its first online
auction. The items can be viewed beginning July 12th at www.strikezoneauctions.com with bidding opening to registered bidders on August
5th and closing on August 26th.
The Web site features photos and descriptions of each item and presented with a letter of authenticity.
Over the next month, additional items will be added to the catalog.
Unique items include:
- Boxing trunks worn by "The Cinderella Man" James Braddock
- Champagne bottle from Red Sox World Series locker room celebration
- Base from Game Two of the 2004 World Series (Schilling's bloody sock game)
- Four Elvis Presley tour scarves
- Collier County, Florida voting machine
- Megaphone and stop watch used by Cowboy head coach Tom Landry
- 1984 Lombardi Super Bowl Trophy
- Stadium seats from Yankee Stadium, Shibe Park and Crosley Field
- Hood from Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s car used in 1993 Winston Cup race at Dover
- Harlem Globetrotter uniform, warm-ups and shoes worn by "Geese" Ausbie
- 1950-51 Toronto Maple Leafs Stanley Cup Champions ring
- Marshall Faulk Super Bowl XXXVI game worn jersey
- Rare 1950s Marilyn Monroe signed bank loan certificate
- Costumes worn on screen by The Three Stooges
- Three saddle blankets worn by undefeated Triple Crown winner, Seattle Slew
- Fifteen letters to Ben Hogan written by Bobby Jones, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Presidents
Eisenhower, Johnson and Nixon among others.
In addition, the auction will feature game worn apparel from Michael Jordan, Dick Butkus, Mario Lemieux,
Dr. J, Cal Ripken, Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Bobby Hull. Pictures, trading cards, and
equipment autographed by Wayne Gretzky, Ty Cobb, Pete Rose, Wilt Chamberlain, Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio,
Bobby Layne, Nolan Ryan and several items with multiple hall of fame signatures.
A current catalog of items available upon request. Please call 212-213-3144 x1207.
About Broadway Rick's Strike Zone
Broadway Rick's Strike Zone was founded in 1989 by Rick Kohl and specializes in buying and selling top
quality collectible sports memorabilia as well as significant music, movie, political and historic
memorabilia. Additionally, Strike Zone maintains relationships with serious collectors who are always
in the market for new and unusual items. For more information, go to www.kohlsgallery.com or
Source: Broadway Rick's Strike Zone
Date: June 27, 2005
All hobby headlines...