2004 NFL All-Star Lineup
NFL Season to Kick Off with Exciting New Retail Lineup!
Upper Deck's All-Star Lineup Features Best of the Best In Players and Content
How would you like to open up a pack of football cards this year for $2.99 and pull an
autographed card of Tony Gonzalez or a game-worn jersey card of Michael Vick? Win a trip
to the Pro Bowl? How about pulling the top rookie cards of the 2004 rookie class? Well,
now you can, all in the same pack! With Upper Deck's new, exciting All-Star Lineup series
of cards, the best players in the NFL - and the top rookies - will be showcased on every
card and in every pack in their college uniforms.
In addition, every box contains 24 promotional cards for collectors to send in to Upper Deck
for a chance for tickets to next year's Pro Bowl in Hawaii in January. The promotion is based
on collectors selecting in advance the offensive and defensive rookie of the year players.
There will be 68 players to choose from.
Upper Deck's NFL All-Star Lineup is scheduled to be released mid-July. NFL All-Star lineup will
be loaded with content, featuring 30 of the top picks from the NFL draft, including nine of
the top ten picks:
- Eli Manning (# 1 pick, QB, Giants)
- Robert Gallery (# 2 pick, OT, Raiders)
- Larry Fitzgerald (# 3 pick, WR, Cards)
- Philip Rivers (# 4 pick, QB, Chargers)
- Kellen Winslow (# 6 pick, TE, Browns)
- Roy Williams (# 7 pick, WR, Lions)
- DeAngelo Hall (# 8 pick, CB, Falcons)
- Reggie Williams (# 9 pick, WR, Jags)
- Dunta Robinson (# 10 pick, CB, Titans)
"This product will get fans and collectors prepared for the upcoming season with cards
of the year's top rookies, game-used cards and autographed cards," said Gordon Torigoe,
Football Brand Manager.
The excitement doesn't stop there! Collectors can put together the whole regular set through
silver parallel cards and gold parallel versions #d to 50. Keep in mind that the silver
parallel versions of the regular cards are ratio'd at 1:6 packs; 1:48 for the rookie cards.
The gold versions of the regular cards - and Rookie Cards - are #d to 50!
Upper Deck's NFL All-Star Lineup product will be the first of three exciting, retail-only
products that Upper Deck will release for the 2004 season. One other product is Pro Signatures
scheduled for release in September. Pro Signatures will be an autograph driven product with a
signature card in every 24 packs; Both products are part of the Upper Deck Diamond Collection
product line, which will be available in retail locations.
"We heard loud and clear that the store owners are seeking exciting content exclusively
for their shelves. These products deliver exciting content at different times in the season
for that customer," said Karvin Cheung, Football Product Manager at Upper Deck.
- 90 Regular Player Cards
- 30 2004 Freshman Class (Rookie Cards)
- 17 Dean's List (Jersey Cards)
- 20 Future Gems (Jersey Cards)
- 5 Stars of 2004 (Signed Cards)
- 90 Silver parallel of Regular Cards
- 30 Silver parallel of Rookie Cards
- 90 Gold parallel of Regular Cards
- 30 Gold parallel of Rookie Cards
- 60 All-Star Lineup Promo Cards
- 8 All-Star Lineup E-Cards
- 15 Premium Stars
Source: The Upper Deck Co, LLC
Date: July 9, 2004
All hobby headlines...