Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aggressive Ebay seller Q?

pogue_mahone
post Sep 30 2014, 11:35 AM
Post #1

All-Star
Group Icon

First Name: AJ
Transactions: 23
(View: Pending | Failed)

Awards:
Member of the Month- Dec 2014

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

I bought a card valued around $15 on Ebay, 9 days ago, paid for it the same day. After 5 days I asked if I could have the tracking number because packages usually arrive in 3 days or less. Seller says he declined to purchase a tracking number for it because he didn't want to stomach the extra $0.80 (wow!). Fine. I said I'd wait.

Yesterday marked 8 days after supposed mail date. I sent another e-mail saying still no sign of package. He then comes back at me with veiled accusations that I am committing fraud, and says he has helped USPS prosecute many Ebayers over fraud. He even told me which section of the fraud law I was violating!! I reply that he is ridiculously out of line and negative feedback will be left if item does not arrive in timely fashion. He says HE is reporting ME to Ebay! Shouldn't it be the other way around??!

I have perfect 500+ feedback, and why on earth I would choose this tiny little card to pick a fraud fight over, is anyone's guess. Was I wrong to threaten negative feedback after he insinuated that I am lying and committing fraud?

Secondly, he said you can track packages using the USPS receipt number, without purchasing a tracking #. Is this true?

Thanks for any input.

MLB Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Sep 30 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #2

Legend
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 1581

eBay: northicehero99

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

Create Transaction

You cannot track a package without a dc # as far as I know. I know they can try to trace it, but that won't do much without a tracking number as it can get lost in thousands of places in the post office. I wouldn't have threatened the negative feedback, I would have opened a case. That way he knows you are serious about not getting it and to make sure you get a refund. That also would change his attitude because every email you and he send via ebay becomes available as part of the documentation. I usually would give someone 15 days since the post office is never perfect, before I would open a case.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
sasports
post Sep 30 2014, 11:49 AM
Post #3

Nerdgaming74859
Group Icon

First Name: Shawn
Transactions: 607

Restrictions:
Must Send First

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Yes you can track. Demand the receipt number. Since they changed from DC to USPS Tacking almost all packages automatically get a Tracking number. They don't tell you, but if you look on the receipt it show the tracking number and it works. I would just file a claim through ebay. They will make him provide the receipt and the burden of proof is on him wink.gif

Deals since resurrection: 6 (HELP ME!)

AP Collection
The Sooners PC
My Tradelist

QUOTE(chopinalex @ Aug 13 2009, 03:49 PM)
man your hardcore if you bust the box in the parking lot..

TCC Facebook

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
pogue_mahone
post Sep 30 2014, 11:50 AM
Post #4

All-Star
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Sep 30 2014, 11:46 AM)
You cannot track a package without a dc # as far as I know.  I know they can try to trace it, but that won't do much without a tracking number as it can get lost in thousands of places in the post office.  I wouldn't have threatened the negative feedback, I would have opened a case.  That way he knows you are serious about not getting it and to make sure you get a refund.  That also would change his attitude because every email you and he send via ebay becomes available as part of the documentation.  I usually would give someone 15 days since the post office is never perfect, before I would open a case.

Thanks for your honest input. I was so annoyed at the accusation that I was lying and committing fraud that I said that I will leave negative feedback if it doesn't arrive in a timely manner. I do regret it, but calling my integrity into question brought it out of me.

I will wait another few days and then open a case. I thought about opening a case, but thought that would look aggressive on MY part and I wanted to work it out with the seller without involving Ebay. I know Ebay can monitor the message history, but IMO the seller is just as guilty as me in terms of making threats, direct or indirect.

MLB Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
pogue_mahone
post Sep 30 2014, 11:52 AM
Post #5

All-Star
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(sasports @ Sep 30 2014, 11:49 AM)
Yes you can track.    Demand the receipt number.  Since they changed from DC to USPS Tacking almost all packages automatically get a Tracking number.  They don't tell you, but if you look on the receipt it show the tracking number and it works.  I would just file a claim through ebay.  They will make him provide the receipt and the burden of proof is on him wink.gif

Interesting! Thanks Shawn, I will try what you said.

On a side note, figuring out how to contact Ebay is maddening. Their 'Contact Ebay' link is garbage! Keeps leading me in circles.

MLB Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
Kmart6nets
post Sep 30 2014, 12:03 PM
Post #6

An unhealthy obsession with Kenyon Martin
Group Icon

First Name: Tom
Transactions: 150

eBay: kmart6netsfan

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Sounds like a disaster. Good luck. I'd definitely open a case as soon as you can.

Always trading for Kenyon Martin

"With no regard for human life!"

My Photobucket! The Kenyon Thread

Protect your cards!

NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
pogue_mahone
post Sep 30 2014, 12:34 PM
Post #7

All-Star
Group Icon

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Sep 30 2014, 12:03 PM)
Sounds like a disaster. Good luck. I'd definitely open a case as soon as you can.

I wouldn't say its a disaster, because honestly, what's the worst that could come out of a transaction worth $15? I just hope the item shows up and the seller acts a little more like a seller and less like a child.

MLB Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Sep 30 2014, 06:02 PM
Post #8

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 1068

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2015 2012 & 2009 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07, Mar 15 (TIE)

View Gallery

Create Transaction

the proof is on him

file a ebay complaint against him copy your correspondence with him and get him booted!

he is the one committing fraud and standing behind veiled threats is a good reason to call him out.

I suspect you did nothing wrong and ebay will see it your way!

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Oct 1 2014, 05:14 PM
Post #9

Legend
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 1581

eBay: northicehero99

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(pogue_mahone @ Sep 30 2014, 11:52 AM)
Interesting! Thanks Shawn, I will try what you said.

On a side note, figuring out how to contact Ebay is maddening. Their 'Contact Ebay' link is garbage! Keeps leading me in circles.

Yeah the contact ebay link stinks. I think I used the contact seller link, if I am remembering correctly, then click on item not received and then it asks if you found your answer and you say no and it takes you to filing a case. It has been a few months, but I think that is how I did it.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
captkirk42
post Oct 2 2014, 08:24 AM
Post #10

Old School Vintage
Group Icon

First Name: Kirk
Transactions: 228

eBay: captkirk42

OpenChecklist:
klandersen

Awards:
June 2012 Member of the Month

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

ACK ohmy.gif

Hopefully the card will come SOON properly packaged and not clumsily in a PWE. Way TOO MANY Ebay sellers and sellers elsewhere foolishly ship in a PWE "to save money" Translation they are too greedy and cheap to spring for shipping stuff properly.

What I Collect
Washington DC area Sports teams and Vintage plus Non-Sport.
user posted image
MY WANT LIST:
Master Want List on Blog

BLOGS & STORES:
TCC BLOG/ CaptKirk42 Card Blog/ Curly W Cards/ CaptKirk42 on COMC/ My Ecrater Store/ My Squidoo.com lense

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post
jaderock
post Oct 2 2014, 01:34 PM
Post #11

Collector Zone Team
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 53
First Name: Peter
Transactions: 48

eBay: jaderock

SportsBuy: 5193

OpenChecklist:
jaderock

Awards:
2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Player Collection 2007 Favorite Collection Jan 2010 Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

If you go to the PO to mail any package, tracking is already included EVEN if you do NOT buy DC. They add a tracking sticker on it anyway.
---

File a claim and forget about responding to seller.

Sometimes (not often), big or small, new or established, seller take their sweet time in mailing items. Some will print a paypal label right away and not mail for 14 days!!!!

Oftentimes, you can tell via feedback history if they are slow and if so just be patient.

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

4 Sport Tradelist...BRUNELL WANTLIST
My Brunell website: Ultimate Mark Brunell Card Collection Having spent 12+ years on the collection, this IS the most complete/comprehensive single player collection in the world! Now with 238 #1/1 cards!!
user posted image

RIP Christine 5/18/2011-1/29/2015

NBA Team:
Profile Card
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 19th March 2024 - 06:46 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us