Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 07 Donruss Classics Football?
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
bushidobard
Looking for a new product that might also net me a decent Lawrence Taylor card.

I've only seen 1 or 2 breaks of this product, so I can't get a good feeling for how good it is.

Thoughts?
beanschat
I broke two boxes of it when it first came out...BV on the boxes was fine...Got a Calvin Johnson RC, Trent Edwards Auto RC, 49ers classic triples GU, and a Terrell Davis Patch card. I Like the retired players, so I will be biased on this set, but Donruss Classics is always one I buy two boxes of.
psupuz31
I really enjoyed breaking Classics! It was a fun bust!
I got a Paul Williams Auto #d/100, a Tim Shaw Auto (PC Mojo) and some other gu but I can't remember.
WestCoastSkinsFan
I enjoyed this product a lot. My one full box yielded a rather generic GU, but it also had LaMarr Woodley and Tony Hunt RC autos #/25. I've also pulled a Unitas 2-color GU #/25. VERY nice hits available with this stuff.
CardCraze
Love it so much im building the set.
bushidobard
Thanks guys.

Think I'll add it to my X-Mas/Chanukah list....
CardCraze
QUOTE(bushidobard @ Nov 15 2007, 09:07 PM)
Thanks guys.

Think I'll add it to my X-Mas/Chanukah list....

Me too laugh.gif
MikeScCa
classics nice
fsabala
i dont like classic. ur rookie auto is usually some scrub
babybraves05
Tell me about it, it was a frickin Michael Okwo out of mine =)
whenever me and my friend are talking about major mojo we wish each other Okwo on the break lol =)
QUOTE(fsabala @ Jun 11 2008, 12:58 PM)
i dont like classic. ur rookie auto is usually some scrub

Dillywill
I got a romo#/9 GU and 2 autos#/100 one was james jones and it booked at 60... i like the value and the inserts of this set!
m135
Agree with the above, don't really like it. It's one of the weakest DLP products, by the time the season starts, most of the autos you will pull will be cut/practice squad.
WestCoastSkinsFan
The same can be said with really ANY product. Most of the autos aren't good. What I like about Classics is that it's one of the few sets where the base RCs still exist and carry value. If you go to something like Threads or Leaf Limited, you cannot get a base RC of, say, AP. At that point, the base RC is an auto.

With Classics, you can get an AP numbered RC, an AP auto, etc etc. Sure, you get the same bums on the autos as every other product, but the good hits are out there.
marcus42
Sam hit the nail on the head...

Traditional nice #'d RC's and they have a parallel Autographed version of the highly touted Rookies. The lesser knowns have true auto RC's (ahmad brashaw from 07).

Don't forget this is the first product of the season that focuses on the Legends! that is key
WestCoastSkinsFan
Dude, yes, the legends. Baugh/Riggins/Theismann and company are always winners with me. I'm hoping to see a ton of Darrell Green and Art Monk with their recent inductions, but I'd bet I'm hoping for too much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.