Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: New Policy: Tracking No. as Proof for Completion
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
bob_TCC
As part of our constant effort to improve our activity related to collector-to-collector transactions, I'm pleased to announce a new policy that is effective immediately.

A tracking number (such as Delivery Confirmation, UPS shipments) can now be used as proof to assist in the closing of a transaction as complete. In other words, if the sending member used a tracking service on the package and provides the related number, a transaction can be closed as complete after review by a member of the Collector Zone Team.

Obviously, we should allow some reasonable period of time after the tracking number indicates the package arrived for the receiving member to indicate such things as missing or damaged items. However, the idea is that the receiving member gives up the opportunity to raise such issues after a specified period of time - 14 days, a period which even handles the case of a member that is on vacation over the period of 2 weekends and a full work week.

We trust that this new policy will help to avoid any unnecessary frustration that is caused when transactions are simply not updated by the receiving member.

If any member has a transaction (either pending or failed) that is affected by this policy, please use the "Report" button within that transaction topic to let us know and the transaction will be reviewed for possible completion.

Thanks,

-Bob
bluechip
very nice.
Kmart6nets
Good stuff. I've never had this problem and hopefully never will, but if I do, I know I'm covered.
jaderock
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Nov 2 2007, 08:54 AM)
A tracking number (such as Delivery Confirmation, UPS shipments) can now be used as proof to assist in the closing of a transaction as complete.  In other words, if the sending member used a tracking service on the package and provides the related number, a transaction can be closed as complete after review by a member of the Collector Zone Team.

Just in case, a receipt that shows when it was sent DOES NOT count as "tracking"!! smile.gif sad.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(jaderock @ Nov 2 2007, 02:33 PM)
Just in case, a receipt that shows when it was sent DOES NOT count as "tracking"!! smile.gif sad.gif

That's correct. We're looking for proof of delivery, not just sending. wink.gif

-Bob
2000 rushing yards
wow.. thanks a lot bob for this!
artyman60
This is the greatest post i have seen !! thank you bob
baseballguy601
thats cool
jer123pat123

great idea sometimes the guy you trade with dosen't acknowledge he receives his for weeks makes you look bad sad.gif
snowblink
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Nov 2 2007, 11:35 AM)
That's correct.  We're looking for proof of delivery, not just sending.  wink.gif

Hmmm...from some stuff I've seen, that USPS receipt showing item sent to destination on date X seems as good a verifier as delivery confirmation, since it includes the Zip Code sent to. unsure.gif

One - delivery confirmation cross border is helluva expensive - not something I'm going to use for my trades.

Two - heard reports of the item showing delivered via the confirmation number - to the wrong place.

So I'd argue real USPS receipts showing item sent should be just as good, assuming the trader is in excellent standing concerning all trades wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.