Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone ever not gotten things back?
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
datboytaz
I've sent in about 200 NPNs in the past year and half, with an average of about 5 per card set I like (ex: Bowman Chrome Baseball, Sweet Spot) and I've never gotten a card. I remember doing it like 6-7 years ago too for about a year and nothing. I know its a crap shoot, just like pack pulling, but has anyone else not gotten anything? I know 5 is a little low on how many, but I know I sent sweet spot one every other day for like 2 months. Thanks for your time, have a good one.
2000 rushing yards
well i cna answer your question and the truth is gonna hurt.

YOu cna only sent in a max of 1 or 2 entries. Not 1 every other day, if you do this you are disqualified.

go to npnsportscards.com for all the rules
datboytaz
QUOTE(2000 rushing yards @ Oct 24 2007, 08:40 PM)
well i cna answer your question and the truth is gonna hurt.

YOu cna only sent in a max of 1 or 2 entries. Not 1 every other day, if you do this you are disqualified.

go to npnsportscards.com for all the rules

and I did exactly as it said. doesn't have a limit for UD, just says one per day
dd316
Topps is one entry per product.
datboytaz
exactly, its only Topps that has a real limit, which I followed. Otherwise it pretty much fair game with UD, but I still haven't gotten anything ever, thats why I started this
dd316
I almost always get something back from Topps, but I've yet to receive anything from UD. I generally don't even bother with them any more.
aceecards
I never get anything so i dont even bother anymore!
northicehero99
UD is very hit or miss. Save some postage and only send 2-3 per UD product. They take a while roughly 6 months from when you mail in for them if you win. I have received so I do know people win but I was doing like you did until last year when it seemed I was getting no benefit out of sending 4 entries, so now I only send 2 and what I get is what I get. If nothing I wasted $0.82.
2000 rushing yards
oh, i see smile.gif i usually only send 1 NPN per UD product.
vitalejd
I have never gotten anything from UD and I get stuff from Topps about half the time.
nameant
I sent in a couple to Topps during the 05-06 season and didn't receive anything. That was pretty much the end for me. laugh.gif
rtsjr
sent some in have never got anything back so done with them
BaltimoreFan4Life
I have probably sent half a dozen NPN's ever, and I have never gotten any thing back at all.
FerrisBueller
Reading this thread got me thinking about NPN response rates. It's easy to say it costs just a stamp. However, my wife shouts its a waste of money. But its also the time, envelopes and the file cards (Okay, we all bring the cards home from work/school). So I reviewed my NPN requests for 2006. Here are my results. In 2006, I sent in 150 NPN chances for Topps sports products and received 48 cards (32%). I sent in 34 Upper Deck NPN requests and recieved 5 cards (15%). Donruss, 26 entries, 13 responses (50%). Donruss is known to take a long, long time in responding, so there may be some 2006 pending NPN out there, but this is not a scientific assessment.

Most cards are not big hits, but fun to collect and trade. But every now and then, there is a cool card waiting in the mail box.

You can deciede for yourself if your response rate is worth it. I find it a lot of fun and I will be continuing. On a side note, a year or two ago, I did receive a Curt Schilling GU jersey auto card that I listed on eBay with a $60 BIN. It sold in less than 30 minutes. I learned two things: 1. research the card a little more before listing, as it obviously could have sold for much more. 2. Don't tell your wife of the sale as she expects the money in return for putting up with your costly hobby.
datboytaz
Thanks for your stat percentage there FerrisBueller. Wish I would even get something like that. I could try donruss on football, just haven't really been in to football really
northicehero99
To be honest I think the companies have scaled back on what they send out and the number of entries received has increased thus leading to less items received. On Topps I used to get hits on the majority of my entries but now it is roughly 50% or so. Even on UD it seemed like I used to get more and now maybe every 3-5 months I get a hit. Donruss I seemed to get more on as well and better stuff, now all I seem to get from them is inserts/parallels.
vitalejd
QUOTE(FerrisBueller @ Oct 28 2007, 06:38 AM)
It's easy to say it costs just a stamp. However, my wife shouts its a waste of money.

And how much do her shoes and purses cost? laugh.gif

That's what I tell my wife when she says that to me.
2000 rushing yards
stamps are expensive. Ferris Buller spend around $65 on stamps alone for NPNs. And if you get junk stuff ,it's not really worth it.
bat115
I have sent in about 30 in the past year and have received nothing... I do get postcards from Upper Deck advertising new products from time to time... not sure if that has anything to do with sending in NPNs.
FerrisBueller
QUOTE(2000 rushing yards @ Oct 29 2007, 07:10 PM)
stamps are expensive. Ferris Buller spend around $65 on stamps alone for NPNs. And if you get junk stuff ,it's not really worth it.

For me, its worth it. The cards are always tradeable or sellable. For some products, the NPN is my only chance to see some of the higher end cards. The two closest hobby shops to me carry only FB. I have to travel an hour and a half to find a hobby store that carries baseball.
B-Millz23
I have sent in about 25 this year and haven't recieved a dag on thing. Oh well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.