Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Updates to Transaction Manager Announced
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
bob_TCC
I'm pleased to announce that updates to our easy-to-use Transaction Manager are now live.

Before providing details on those updates though, I simply want to remind all members to please use the Transaction Manager which is available by simply clicking one of the "Create Transaction..." links located in the other member's mini or full profile. Click here to view the Transaction Manager. However, please don't create a transaction with me unless we've discussed one. tongue.gif

By using the Transaction Manager, all of our transaction monitoring and reporting tools work properly. In addition, it sends an e-mail and PM to your transaction partner asking them to review and confirm the details of your transaction. So, it benefits all of us!

Here are the specific updates:
  • Improved support for sales transactions - Sales can now be easily posted by either the Seller or the Buyer. When you select the Sale radio button, you'll now see an additional set of radio buttons to indicate whether you're the seller or the buyer in the transaction.
  • Improved support for restricted members - Members with the Account Banned, Current Transactions Only or Current Transactions Only and No Posting restrictions cannot be involved in any new transaction - no matter which member attempts to create the transaction. Instead, the Transaction Manager returns an explanation about the existing restrictions and cancels the request.

We trust that these updates will continue to provide our members with a safe and easy-to-use system for managing their transactions.

-Bob
ffman
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 17 2007, 10:00 AM)

Improved support for restricted members - Members with the Account Banned, Current Transactions Only or Current Transactions Only and No Posting restrictions cannot be involved in any new transaction - no matter which member attempts to create the transaction.  Instead, the Transaction Manager returns an explanation about the existing restrictions and cancels the request.

Fantastic addition - this is what I referred to in the other announcement topic!
msuwendy
Great addition! smile.gif smile.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(ffman @ Oct 17 2007, 12:01 PM)
Fantastic addition - this is what I referred to in the other announcement topic!

Feel free to test it out. It won't lead to any transactions being created. wink.gif

-Bob
ffman
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 17 2007, 10:23 AM)
Feel free to test it out.  It won't lead to any transactions being created.  wink.gif

-Bob

Very neat!

I think this is a HUGE addition.
jmagic87
bob a few questions members with restrictions will still be able toget into the the trades section (not trading but were the agreed trades are posted) to post recived and so on correct?

also for members on restriction i see that some will be banned from making new transactions but what about those on must send 1st will it block them from the trading forms section and will it block them from making naw trades if so then how are they soposed to get so many trades done toget off must send 1st
finestkind
Another great addition Bob. Thanks !
baseballguy601
nice job bob
2000 rushing yards
cool Bob! i got worried when i got a PM about my transactions before i read this laugh.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(jmagic87 @ Oct 17 2007, 12:36 PM)
bob a few questions members with restrictions will still be able toget into the the trades section (not trading but were the agreed trades are posted) to post recived and so on correct?

That's correct. The Sealed Deals forum will be available to restricted members.

QUOTE(jmagic87 @ Oct 17 2007, 12:36 PM)
also for members on restriction i see that some will be banned from making new transactions but what about those on must send 1st will it block them from the trading forms section and will it block them from making naw trades if so then how are they soposed to get so many trades done toget off must send 1st

I believe this announcement provides the answers to these questions. wink.gif

-Bob
jmagic87
thanks bob u hit every question i had
braves4life1025
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 17 2007, 10:00 AM)
Members with the Account Banned, Current Transactions Only or Current Transactions Only and No Posting restrictions cannot be involved in any new transaction

is that supposed to say current transactions only or current transactions only?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(braves4life1025 @ Oct 17 2007, 05:18 PM)
is that supposed to say current transactions only or current transactions only?

It says Current Transactions Only or Current Transactions Only and No Posting - 2 different types of restrictions.

-Bob
braves4life1025
ohh i thought current transactions only and no posting was different
bob_TCC
QUOTE(braves4life1025 @ Oct 17 2007, 05:21 PM)
ohh i thought current transactions only and no posting was different

A member can be restricted to Current Transactions Only. If that member continues to avoid attempts to resolve their transaction issues, then they can also lose their ability to post (i.e., Current Transactions Only and No Posting).

-Bob
braves4life1025
o ok thanks...can you give me updates on my transactions?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(braves4life1025 @ Oct 17 2007, 05:25 PM)
o ok thanks...can you give me updates on my transactions?

As you can imagine, these changes have triggered multiple requests for account reviews. I'm currently working through those requests.

-Bob
braves4life1025
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 17 2007, 03:26 PM)
As you can imagine, these changes have triggered multiple requests for account reviews.  I'm currently working through those requests.

-Bob

k thanks...i mean like i updated them the 2nd and havent gotten a reply... All the ones i am waiting on are from the other party
bob_TCC
QUOTE(braves4life1025 @ Oct 17 2007, 05:30 PM)
k thanks...i mean like i updated them the 2nd and havent gotten a reply... All the ones i am waiting on are from the other party

Your restriction has been adjusted.

-Bob
artyman60
very cool addition, cant wait to try it out
baseballguy601
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 17 2007, 06:13 PM)
Your restriction has been adjusted.

-Bob

How about myself bob? wink.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ Oct 18 2007, 12:27 PM)
How about myself bob? wink.gif

I will review your account at some point today.

-Bob
urbanmonk
Great addition Bob, thanks smile.gif
baseballguy601
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 18 2007, 01:38 PM)
I will review your account at some point today.

-Bob

thanks bob smile.gif

let me know what you discover

have a good day

try not to work to hard laugh.gif
raidersrookies4me
Great addition Bob, thanks for all you do.
baseballguy601
any news bobby jon?
bob_TCC
As a reminder...

When creating transactions, please take an extra moment to make sure you're setting the Trade vs. Sale radio button to the proper choice.

-Bob

P.S. The Transaction Manager was also updated earlier this week to prevent transactions from being created with yourself (hopefully by mistake... tongue.gif ).
baseballguy601
Bob, what is the possibility of my restriction being removed? I have gone almost 75 transactions since it was placed so long ago, and I believe I didn't have any issues after that. As well, I have sent 3 of the 4 pending transactions already, and the the 4th was posted after I went to work today. Let me know what you can find out smile.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ Feb 29 2008, 08:23 PM)
Bob, what is the possibility of my restriction being removed? I have gone almost 75 transactions since it was placed so long ago, and I believe I didn't have any issues after that. As well, I have sent 3 of the 4 pending transactions already, and the the 4th was posted after I went to work today. Let me know what you can find out smile.gif

I'd like to see how things go for awhile and then it can be revisited.

-Bob
baseballguy601
sounds good. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.