Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: UD Black
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
CardCraze
Well when we thought Upper Deck was so awful, when we thought they couldnt screw it up more we have: UPPER DECK BLACK! With a whopping 1 card per pack(for 75 bucks) and manufactured bat barralles(if your luckey with pizza sauce from the manufactuer on it! PETG autos and over 1,000 1/1 AUs(including all your favorite minor league could have beens!) But wait! Four 400 buck a box we'll even toss in an extra pack!

So know for those who dont understand it:
a 1000 player(or more) checklist
MANUFACTURED bat barralles
75 bucks a pack(im thinking)
1 card per pack(yippe mellow.gif )
2 packs per box(um yay mellow.gif )
Up to 8 Autos on one card(possibly)
Each card numbered to 99 or less(wow mellow.gif )

Well Upper Deck, way to go!

For those who still dont understand thx to meuandthelot for this:

UD Black
bigalexx
Ummm. You lost me. I dont get what your saying wink.gif
meuandthelot
Here see for yourself..

Whole site dedicated to "The Black"
Hallsgator
"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

laugh.gif
CardCraze
QUOTE(Hallsgator @ Sep 11 2007, 06:20 AM)
"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

laugh.gif

LOL! i love that, anyways. What i am saying is this just looks really dumb. Facimile bats? 1 card per pack and 2 packs per box? Just something i am STAYING away from.
KHarmon
Amazing....if I'm not mistaken, didn't they do a Black set in basketball as some part of a redemption program???? Why in blazes are they going to try and push a set with so many subjects (90% of them probably worthless) on the market for $75 per pack. I looked at the web site and they are really nice looking cards but I'm definately going to pass. mad.gif
CardCraze
I think the thing that gets me the most is 1 card per pack and 2 packs per box? If i dont pull a Dice K...... its enough to put anybody in a bad mood.
Russ_Texas
QUOTE(Hallsgator @ Sep 11 2007, 05:20 AM)

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

UD Black was pretty successful with basketball, I wonder how it'll be received on the baseball side..
aceecards
I dont know that this product will sell for $75.00 per pack..

Maybe per 2 pack box id expect that.

Im seeing an attempt here by UD to crack the high end into a retail offering possibly?
Luke2411
Where is everyone seeing the checklist and the box/pack breakdown. I checked the website and downloaded the pdfs and couldn't find that information.
northicehero99
Junk. For that price I will stick with a full box of something else and have at least 70-80 cards to throw against the wall when I get a redemption from the box. laugh.gif
dd316
QUOTE(aceecards @ Sep 11 2007, 08:53 AM)
I dont know that this product will sell for $75.00 per pack..

Of course it will, all this high-end junk sells out.
northicehero99
QUOTE(dd316 @ Sep 11 2007, 11:29 AM)
Of course it will, all this high-end junk sells out.

That is because at $75 a pop you do not have to produce as much of it to make a profit. laugh.gif
dd316
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Sep 11 2007, 12:53 PM)
That is because at $75 a pop you do not have to produce as much of it to make a profit.  laugh.gif

Very true! biggrin.gif
yankeesjetsfan
I am not crazy about paying close to 200 bucks for a product. no way I will plop down 75 smackers for one card.

Mike
CardCraze
and who's to say you dont pull:

Pat Burrell and Ronny Paulino? Great for me but if i wasnt a Philly or Paulino fan i would just about quit the hobby.
aka spider
Wow i'am really going to love the Ud black Basketball smile.gif
CardCraze
ill start up the time machine laugh.gif actually UD basketbvall was really limited, you had to0 get packs from redemptions.
bigalexx
75$ a pack 150$ for a box. Whats wrong with that. The UD Black packs were going for 80-85$.
CardCraze
1 card for 75 bucks? And like i said, if its not A-rod or something. Wow
artyman60
I dont think it will be as successful in baseball as it was for basketball
bigeric
Hmmm sounds interesting
marcus42
QUOTE(CardCraze @ Sep 12 2007, 04:54 PM)
1 card for 75 bucks? And like i said, if its not A-rod or something. Wow

as I do agree with you on that think about it this way...

ultimate collection...
roughly $100/pack (usually the price at my local hobby shop)
4 cards per pack with one being a memoirabilia..thats $25/card with only one being classified as a 'hit,' the rest just base.

they are revamping ultimate collection from what I hear, so the facelift will help this product without an increase in price...

Premier...
Prices from DA cardworld $275/pack for 7 cards
roughly $39/card.
Better bang for your buck, still almost $300/pack after shipping

Exquisite...
DA cardworld prices again...$920 for six cards...after the math it's about $153/card with one of those being a base. Sure Exquisite offers some of the best RC patch/auto's out there and also some great low #'d stuff, but for over $900/pack it makes it kind of hard to buy something of that price.

one card for $75 is a lot, but Upper Deck is not making you buy this product...its your choice! From what the basketball product looked like, it didn't look too bad, there were a ton of low #'d auto's/multiple auto's/patches/multiple jersey cards. Plus a lot of people seem to not care about base anymore, so this is just by passing the base and getting people the hit they desire, if it doesn't sell at $75 it will go down, but odds are it will.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.