Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Info wanted on manufacturer: Genuine Article
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
Sheesh
I found an unopened and sealed box recently from a manufacturer I've never heard of, The Genuine Article, Inc. The box says, "GA Dream Picks" and states, "Dream Picks features 4-card sets of 95, 96 and 97 football draft picks and includes three genuine autographs in every box....Guaranteed!"

I can find very little on the net. Anyone have info on this manufacturer?

Thanks!
jaderock
GA only had a draft pick set made in 1997. The was 28 players that had contracts with them but no licensing. The Beckett and Tuff Stuff Annuals were of little help.
Sheesh
Thank you, Peter smile.gif
HOFerAutoCollector
GA is the equivalent of Signature Rookies/SignatuerPix
Sheesh
Same manufacturer?
aceecards
No it is a different manufacturer..

got a picture of the box..

if I remember they had no stars under contract just a bunch of guys like tetrad had!

Sheesh
Thank you both for the additional info, Tom and Steve smile.gif
STLcardinals888
I bought something like that at target that garuntees a memorbilia card.Guess what no card!!!
Sheesh
Maybe I should do a box break with these for the heck of it :-) Just to find out what is in it...
autocut
QUOTE(Sheesh @ Sep 6 2007, 04:47 PM)
I found an unopened and sealed box recently from a manufacturer I've never heard of, The Genuine Article, Inc.  The box says, "GA Dream Picks" and states, "Dream Picks features 4-card sets of 95, 96 and 97 football draft picks and includes three genuine autographs in every box....Guaranteed!"

I can find very little on the net.  Anyone have info on this manufacturer?

Thanks!

Genuine Article had "forged" signatures. They were busted when they had an error card of Roy Rodgers Jr. and signed Roy Rodgers Jr., but his name is Roy Rogers Jr. without the "d".
vicsten
QUOTE(autocut @ Sep 8 2007, 07:28 AM)
Genuine Article had "forged" signatures. They were busted when they had an error card of Roy Rodgers Jr. and signed Roy Rodgers Jr., but his name is Roy Rogers Jr. without the "d".

Wow. It's bad enough when you have to question individuals where autos are concerned but "companies??" That stinks.
autocut
QUOTE(vicsten @ Sep 8 2007, 10:22 PM)
Wow. It's bad enough when you have to question individuals where autos are concerned but "companies??" That stinks.

Here is the card itself which is for sale on Ebay now.

user posted image

Notice it says Roy rodgers and signed Roy Rodgers when his name is Roy Rogers as shown below:

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.