Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: need to trade for this, will also pay
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Baseball > Baseball Trading
jkseb1972
user posted image

just need it to complete a set i'm working on, i will give you $75 in bv trade or a cool $50 cash! if you just happen to have one lying around...

jk of course, this just came up for auction with memory lane inc. can you imagine having a gem 10 33 goudey? let alone the Irron Horse! simply an amazing card![IMG]

baseballguy601
wow

that is sick
FeltonMayOkaforCollector1
I want it
cobra29svt
$50 cash?! thats worth atleast $75!! lol
jkseb1972
QUOTE(cobra29svt @ Aug 27 2007, 01:42 AM)
$50 cash?! thats worth atleast $75!! lol

you make a good point there.
HOFerAutoCollector
Ho

Lee

Crap
Johnny Number 5
Guys.

Ungraded Beckett says it goes for 2,500. Now if you take that card and grade it a GEM, especially PSA which is super difficult...you are talkin about major dollars. I saw a 1983 topps tony gwynn (35$) be graded PSA 10, and it sold for 3,000$. Honestly, someone would have grounds for asking atleast $10,000 for this card. IF you wanted to sell it for major money, im sure Al Rosen (mr mint) would give you some $$ for it. if i see one for 75$, im grabbin 2..

mofo
ffman
What a card, and in what good condition!
HOFerAutoCollector
I just talked to a major vintage buyer out in Seattle...there were offers of 60,000.00 that were not accepted for that card. It is likely the only one that will ever appear in that condition. Seller still isnt saying how a card so old was maintained in such good shape.
jkseb1972
i get these sports memorabilia auction catalogues all the time, but this card just blew my mind. i've seen psa 9 1951 bowman mantles, mint 9 t206 cards, but a gem 33 goudey! you have to be kidding me!
Johnny Number 5
I wanna know where all of these cards are hiding....i want some!!!

i will even pay for the psa grading, just send me the cards...i could sell one and 100x my money back and keep the rest in a bank vault!

mofoolgy
jkseb1972
the auction on this is sept 15th, i'll try to see what it goes for. i honestly think it has a chance to top 100K. a psa 7 1910 E98 ty cobb just sold for nearly 32k. and a 1914 baltimore news Babe ruth in psa 2 condition sold in april for a whopping 200,000. it had a reserve of 10K. the sky is the limit on this one.
HOFerAutoCollector
QUOTE(jkseb1972 @ Aug 27 2007, 06:07 PM)
the auction on this is sept 15th, i'll try to see what it goes for. i honestly think it has a chance to top 100K. a psa 7 1910 E98 ty cobb just sold for nearly 32k. and a 1914 baltimore news Babe ruth in psa 2 condition sold in april for a whopping 200,000. it had a reserve of 10K. the sky is the limit on this one.

The ruth sold high because it was a thin paper stock piece that had to be hand cut. Most of them were torn or creased badly or in more than 1 piece. The PSA2 is the best one that has shown up.
jkseb1972
QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Aug 27 2007, 06:24 PM)
The ruth sold high because it was a thin paper stock piece that had to be hand cut. Most of them were torn or creased badly or in more than 1 piece. The PSA2 is the best one that has shown up.

ahhh, i see. yeah, looking at it, i just couldn't imagine finding one from that far back in much better condition, with it's dark blue borders and all. it actuall doesn't look too bad
mzhang13
Imagine what would happen if PSA damaged the card or it got lost.
jkseb1972
they started the bidding at $50,000
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.