Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Any Teixeira or Saltalamacchia Autos ??
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Baseball > Baseball Trading
bravesfan09
Hey guys. Looking to start my Mark Teixeira collection. Only gonna do autos though. Also looking for a couple Jarrod Saltalamacchia Autos. Please list what you have, BV, your lowest price dlvd, and what you liked from my bucket. Thanks!
imok513
Have these 2:

2004 SPx Swatch Supremacy Signatures Young Stars Mark Teixeira #MT - asking $25
user posted image
2005 Donruss Signature Stars Material Autograph Mark Teixeira #1 - asking $20
user posted image

Would sell the pair for $40 delivered. LMK if interested in either or both. Thanks.

Ira
bravesfan09
Since total bv is 70, and im only buying if its a great deal, the most i could pay is 30.
bravesfan09
If you guys expect to sell me something but your asking over ebay value, keep right on going cuz you wont get it from me.
imok513
QUOTE(bravesfan09 @ Aug 16 2007, 02:20 PM)
If you guys expect to sell me something but your asking over ebay value, keep right on going cuz you wont get it from me.

No offense but if you want to pay eBay prices - then that's what eBay is for.

I can never understand why people look for cards on eBay and expect to pay that much for cards on other sites. If the card you were looking for was selling on eBay for $50, and someone on one of the sites was asking only $40 for it, would you tell him you'd pay $50 since that's what it was selling for on eBay??? rolleyes.gif Not a chance you would.
bravesfan09
Truly its none of your business how I go about buying. Dont get mad at me just because I spoke the truth to you through PM. Like I said, if you can find an idiot, than sell to them. But just like iv said previously in this thread, unless its a great deal, i aint buying. And paying more than ebay value, and over 1/2 bv is more than im willing to pay for Mark Teixeira.
imok513
QUOTE(bravesfan09 @ Aug 16 2007, 02:42 PM)
Truly its none of your business how I go about buying.  Dont get mad at me just because I spoke the truth to you through PM.  Like I said, if you can find an idiot, than sell to them.  But just like iv said previously in this thread, unless its a great deal, i aint buying.  And paying more than ebay value, and over 1/2 bv is more than im willing to pay for Mark Teixeira.

Gee, and asking $5 over half book is cheating someone. It's a plain and simple thing. If you want to pay eBay prices, then go to eBay. At least state from the start that you are only looking to pay "fre"eBay prices and I'm sure you'll get fewer responses from people looking to make sales. I offered the 2 cards to you basically for half book plus $5 for shipping and fees I would be losing through PayPal.

Declining the offer is one thing but telling me good look finding a sucker is another. That is basically telling someone, "go try and rip off someone else". I pointed it out in my previous response and by no surprise you didn't respond. If someone was offering you a card for $40 and it was selling for $60 on eBay, you would jump at the chance to buy it for less from that person and he would be the sucker that you would have taken.

The difference between my asking price and "fre"eBay was minor. It's not like I was asking $60 for a card that books $40 and has sold for $25 (which I know of a dealer that is doing the exact thing). Your offer was $30/mine was $40 - only a $10 difference. If someone bought them for that price they would not be suckers or idiots. They might be a person who didn't want to waste their time with "fre"eBay and potential scams out there.

And I'm speaking the truth here.
runner05
Why do people feel insulted when someone won't buy their cards? Just say no thanks, if you don't like their (counter)offer.

Anyway, off the top of my head I know I have an 06 Topps Opening Day Teixeira if you are interested in base cards.

Edit: Sorry misread it and didn't see only autos.
imok513
QUOTE(runner05 @ Aug 16 2007, 03:09 PM)
Why do people feel insulted when someone won't buy their cards?  Just say no thanks, if you don't like their (counter)offer.

Anyway, off the top of my head I know I have an 06 Topps Opening Day Teixeira if you are interested in base cards.

I don't mind if he doesn't want to buy it - that was fine. Simply decline the offer. It's when people expect others to sell for eBay prices just because they saw it there for less. Plus, when he tells me to go find another sucker/idiot to pay my asking prices - THAT'S an insult.
Go18
Just a quick question for you Imok513, would you pay more for something that you could get it less for somewhere else? No because that we be obviously a dumb move to give more money for something that you could buy it less for.
bravesfan09
Go and Runner: Thank you for understanding my point. Its not that hard to see.
imok513
QUOTE(Go18 @ Aug 16 2007, 03:39 PM)
Just a quick question for you Imok513, would you pay more for something that you could get it less for somewhere else?

That's exactly my point. If he knows he could get it for less, then buy it elsewhere for less. He expected me to sell it to him for the same price as on "fre"eBay.

He made the lower offer to me and I politely delined saying simply, "No thank you. I'll pass on your offer", and I left it at that - no other comment or shot at him. He didn't have to respond afterwards and could have left things be. But no, he took it upon himself to say, "That's what they're going for on eBay so go sell it to some sucker for your price. If someone buys it from you then they are an idiot". Why take a shot at me, or someone else, like that? I never made it personal. He could have let things go with me passing on his offer - plain and simple. Instead he brought the eBay issue into it.

If I could get something lower somewhere else, I'd buy it somewhere else and not take a personal shot at someone with their asking price if it was reasonable. If it were unreasonable (like asking $60 for a $40 card that sells for $20-$25) then I might mention something but my offer was not the case.

Bravesfan made it personal - I never did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.