Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Please remember...
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
skatalite
Some TCCers don't have huge monitors, are on slow Internet connections and cannot manage large images posted into threads.

Large images are nice! But, they can slow down the TCC experience for a lot of people. Because of this, and because we want everyone to enjoy that experience, I'm asking people to be more mindful of their image sizes.

The posting area is roughly 415 pixels wide, which is plenty for an image.

But how do you resize an image?

There are simple techniques! First, if you have a photo editing program on your computer, you can do it that way. If you use Photobucket, you can edit individual images and choose to resize them by a certain percentage. If you're linking from somewhere else, use http://imageshack.us. Once it's uploaded, Imageshack gives you the links for posting the image.

Thanks for your time!
gohran
Ok, Richard. Will take note of that
SinatraKing
Great reminder Richard. YOU DA MAN!!!!
msuwendy
Thanks for the reminder Rich smile.gif
Tarasadie17
Nicely done Richard... smile.gif
ffman
I admit, I'm a member who has been guilty of this recently in my show and tell PC thread.

But, after getting frustrated with having some huge images and some small ones, I'm in the process of re-sizing right now.
19th Century Indiana Jones
I will try my best to not misremember.
snowblink
To be fair - those using low speed connections could use the low-fi version of the site.

As far as the over-sized images getting into threads tho - agreed, members should be more careful with those widths, I've even found some that stretch the widescreen...
finestkind
No donuts for Indy and Cody at the next Team meeting ! ohmy.gif
ffman
QUOTE(finestkind @ Feb 21 2008, 04:36 PM)
No donuts for Indy and Cody at the next Team meeting !  ohmy.gif

Noooooooo...... laugh.gif

While this topic is popular:

Wouldn't it be a good one to pin? I was surprised that it already wasn't pinned.
STLcardinals888
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Feb 21 2008, 04:36 PM)

Like Andy Pettitte.
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
ffman
That didn't take very long at all!

I have now re-sized all of my personal collection cards!
degibson84
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Feb 21 2008, 04:36 PM)

that is great

i guess HGH makes you misremember

i wonder why clemens didn't use that arguement
ffman
For those who use Photobucket to host their images:

Recently Photobucket has greatly expanded the number of resizing and photo editing options available! Instead of being forced to use a preset size, you can now adjust the height and width of pictures as you choose.
vitalejd
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 16 2008, 04:01 PM)

Recently Photobucket has greatly expanded the number of resizing and photo editing options available!  Instead of being forced to use a preset size, you can now adjust the height and width of pictures as you choose.

sweet! I didn't know that...thanks for the info!
baseballguy601
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 16 2008, 05:01 PM)

Recently Photobucket has greatly expanded the number of resizing and photo editing options available!  Instead of being forced to use a preset size, you can now adjust the height and width of pictures as you choose.

Actually, there's always been an option to change the image size...its just a pain to use laugh.gif
ffman
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ Mar 16 2008, 04:17 PM)
Actually, there's always been an option to change the image size...its just a pain to use laugh.gif

I think they're offering MORE options now though, other than preset sizes. As far as I know there were only a few choices before.
yilduz
The thing I dislike is when people have a signature image that is so wide it stretches the screen.
ffman
QUOTE(yilduz @ Mar 16 2008, 05:42 PM)
The thing I dislike is when people have a signature image that is so wide it stretches the screen.

That relates to this topic:

Size of signatures topic

I think that most members are beginning to get better about the signature issue.
baseballguy601
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 16 2008, 06:18 PM)
I think they're offering MORE options now though, other than preset sizes.  As far as I know there were only a few choices before.

they had 5 sizes before.
ffman
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ Mar 21 2008, 02:41 PM)
they had 5 sizes before.

It goes to an entirely different screen to edit now. You can manually choose the dimensions by a slider. However, it takes a little longer to do on a slower computer.
baseballguy601
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 21 2008, 04:42 PM)
It goes to an entirely different screen to edit now.  You can manually choose the dimensions by a slider.  However, it takes a little longer to do on a slower computer.

exaclty. Like I said, its a pain.
baseballguy601
Just a thought...

I just came across a feautre where you can set your setting to not display images. Why don't people on slow internet connections change their settings so they can not see images?

QUOTE(skatalite @ Aug 9 2007, 07:47 PM)
Some TCCers don't have huge monitors, are on slow Internet connections and cannot manage large images posted into threads.

Large images are nice! But, they can slow down the TCC experience for a lot of people. Because of this, and because we want everyone to enjoy that experience, I'm asking people to be more mindful of their image sizes.

The posting area is roughly 415 pixels wide, which is plenty for an image.

But how do you resize an image?

There are simple techniques! First, if you have a photo editing program on your computer, you can do it that way. If you use Photobucket, you can edit individual images and choose to resize them by a certain percentage. If you're linking from somewhere else, use http://imageshack.us. Once it's uploaded, Imageshack gives you the links for posting the image.

Thanks for your time!

skatalite
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ Mar 25 2008, 11:18 AM)
Just a thought...

I just came across a feautre where you can set your setting to not display images. Why don't people on slow internet connections change their settings so they can not see images?

While that is an option, I don't think people with slow connections should be forced to have less of the TCC experience just because someone, or some people, are unwilling to compromise.

In this hobby, we share a lot of scans and photographs. Half the fun is looking at those images. Imagine not being able to, only because people don't play nice.
baseballguy601
QUOTE(skatalite @ Mar 25 2008, 01:53 PM)
While that is an option, I don't think people with slow connections should be forced to have less of the TCC experience just because someone, or some people, are unwilling to compromise.

In this hobby, we share a lot of scans and photographs. Half the fun is looking at those images. Imagine not being able to, only because people don't play nice.

second paragraph is confusing...I'm concerned your spelling may be lacking...

and I can imagine it. Han Solo ruined my day!

laugh.gif
skatalite
QUOTE(baseballguy601 @ Mar 26 2008, 03:47 PM)
second paragraph is confusing...I'm concerned your spelling may be lacking...
and I can imagine it. Han Solo ruined my day!
laugh.gif

Huh?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.