Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: eBay Win!
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Show and Tell
ross9013
Met him 2 years ago at the 05 Pro Bowl and he signed a football for me. And for the longest time i've promised myself i would get a nice card of his.

Well i've been browsing ebay for like 2 hours tonight just looking around when i came upon this card that i'm about to post. I thought about it for 10 minutes, looked up the BV, checked bank account balance lol. And i decided to get it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...62460&rd=1&rd=1

BV 300

Comments appreciated!

Thanks for looking,
kooljazz1966
sweet card and the link actually worked!
killerhawkeye21
Very nice buy! Congrats!! smile.gif
chopinalex
wow great card!..i love nfl hofer cards!
artyman60
very nice
jaderock
Very nice!!! Do you live in Hawaii?!
dc_o
Sweet pickup. Congrats.
scottmax36
nice card, you definetly saved some money if its bv is 300
KHarmon
Great card....gotta love the "buy it now" option!!!!!! biggrin.gif
ross9013
QUOTE(jaderock @ Jul 25 2007, 03:04 AM)
Very nice!!! Do you live in Hawaii?!

Thanks and no i do not lol.
I live in Ontario Canada, i actually won the trip to the Pro Bowl when i was 14, i signed up for Fantasy Football on NFL Canada and never made a team or anything. And about a month later there was a message on the answering machine saying that i won a 3night/4 day trip to Honolulu for the Pro Bowl, the trip was actually a Random Draw and anyone could've won it! It was an awesome trip the hotel/resort was beautiful. I'll get some pictures up soon.
aka spider
Wow Ross you got a nice marino. you're always getting them gorgeous card. getting jealous wink.gif
fenway1990
thats a steal. 1/3 bv. nice pick up
ross9013
Thanks again guys!
letsgopens2720
Wow, Nice card!! That would have been nice to come home and listen to that message. Congrats again on the nice pickup
jaderock
QUOTE(ross9013 @ Jul 25 2007, 09:10 AM)
I'll get some pictures up soon.

That would be cool...who else did you meet and who was your favorite and less favorite?
dviv17
Very nice card!
ross9013
QUOTE(jaderock @ Jul 25 2007, 07:18 PM)
That would be cool...who else did you meet and who was your favorite and less favorite?

It was great half of the players stayed at our hotel. First morning at breakfast i saw Westbrook walk by talking on his cell phone, i had nothing for him to sign and i wasn't sure if it actually was him because he was a tank.
I also saw Michael Irvin walking around with his 2 kids alot around the beach. I saw TO like 3 times asked him for an auto and he would not even look at me or my dad his bodyguard was just like "No autographs". I also saw Takeo Spikes, and i saw Todd Pinkston there lol don't know why he was there but he signed my hat.
The funny thing was before we left to go tho Honolulu my dad was telling me that a friend in work said if i was to get an autograph if should be Dan Marino. And the day of the game my dad and i were leaving the hotel to go to the mall to buy a jersey, he was just sitting down to breakfast with his wife at one of the cafe places at the resort so i went up casually and asked him to sign my football which he did, him and his wife were very nice and asked me questions and stuff. i was very pleased to say the least.
Some of the other players i saw around the hotel were Champ Bailey & Terrell Suggs but i'm sure there were many more but i never knew who they actually were (big o-line/d-line men) back then. Culpepper was also staying at the hotel but i never saw him.
I'll get pictures up soon!
ross9013
The resort we stayed at was the: Hilton Hawaiian Village

Pictures:

the Marino signed football:
user posted image
user posted image

The Coastline from our room:
user posted image

The beach from our room:
user posted image

The pool also from our room:
user posted image

user posted image

i have many others pics too
ross9013
Pictures from the NFC/AFC Practice:
McNabb taking snap
user posted image
user posted image

Half time show: (Jasmine Trias from American Idol & Don Hoe did the show)
user posted image

Field:
user posted image

This is the building we stayed in, Rainbow Tower (24th floor) there were 4 other towers on the resort:
user posted image
I Am Hollywood
awesome cards + pictures
gopackgo
Wow that is definitely a once in a lifetime experience! Great card pick up as well, Marino was a great guy and is the #1 quarterback of all time as far as records go (however, if Favre has a decent year he will be in the running to break most of them biggrin.gif )
ross9013
Thanks!
letsgopens2720
Wow, amazing pictures, and great story

The view from your hotel was really nice....I wouldn't mind making a trip down there for a Pro Bowl sometime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.