Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: An NPN story... thanks Topps....
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
Tarasadie17
Some weeks ago I got an NPN back from Topps for 2006/07 Topps Luxury Box Basketball... smile.gif

I opened up my little envelope and pulled a Michael Redd jersey card... smile.gif but the card was just trashed.... sad.gif

Now, I have got damaged NPNs before and sent them back for replacements and most often I get the same card back with a letter explaining NPNs are not eligible for replacements... sad.gif

That being said, this card was so messed up (major creasage) I wrote Topps a letter explaining to them that while I appreciate their NPN program (best in the industry) this is just a shame and a card like this belongs in the garbage, not sent to the consumer.... rolleyes.gif

Yesterday I got a response, and a brand new Michael Redd jersey...

user posted image
Tarasadie17
oh, but they weren't done.... under the Redd jersey was this....

user posted image

a LaMarcus Aldridge jersey.... smile.gif
aceecards
wow.. nice card...
Tarasadie17
and under the Aldridge jersey was this....

user posted image

a Kevin Garnett jersey... smile.gif and guess what was underneath the Garnett jersey? ohmy.gif
Tarasadie17
Underneath the Garnett was a separate yellow envelope... the first three cards were in one of those white cardboard holders.... I was thinking it might be the original Redd I sent in... but I was wrong.... mellow.gif
Tarasadie17
The last card was this.....

user posted image

a very nice Andrea Bargnani autographed rookie jersey card #d out of 249....

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Topps, you rock!! wub.gif
snkpoct137
WOWWOW! great stuff for free!
Tarasadie17
QUOTE(snkpoct137 @ Jul 17 2007, 09:08 AM)
WOWWOW! great stuff for free!

Wasn't free by any means... it cost me .53 cents to send the card back to Topps..... laugh.gif
aceecards
holy no purchase necesary except a little postage!!

CONGRATS!
dd316
Wow, that's great!! Congrats to you and thanks to Topps!
psupuz31
Wow I am impressed with Topps Now. Congrats on the 53 cent cards!
ffman
Congrats Michael, and good job Topps! Talk about customer service!
northicehero99
Wow nice, there goes one of the three coming to one of us. laugh.gif
vikinghawkeye
i gotta start doing this stuff
thats amazing
any tipps on best products to choose from outta fball and basketball
and how u send them in
is it just that 3x5 card thing?
coltsfan23
Congrats Mike!! That is amazing!!
letsgopens2720
Wow, that is simply amazing. You can tell that they value you as a customer.
pavi39
Amazing. It's great that Topps replaced the card, but to send all of those extras.
cbware88
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the cards and the replacement.

Lets just hope they aren't getting rid of all their stuff just before a buy-out! Topps has always been a great product and good to their customers and I'd hate to see this kinda thing go away.
Luke2411
Wow, that is amazing. What a testament to Topps customer service. Upper Dreck should take note.

I recently got shorted a hit in a box of DPP and Topps came through on that one. They didn't send me anything extra or special, just a regular old Brian Westbrook GU card, but the turnaround was very quick, like less than two weeks. I was very surprised and happy with that.

Kudos to Topps for trying to take customer service seriously. Just another reason I pray and pray that Upper Dreck doesn't buy out Topps.
dd316
QUOTE(cbware88 @ Jul 17 2007, 03:32 PM)
Lets just hope they aren't getting rid of all their stuff just before a buy-out!

Shhhhh! Don't say that!!! sweat.gif
THUNDER9
This just goes to show what a little respect and courtesy can do for you when presented with a situation that could have gone either way. The old adage of "You get more flies with honey than with vinagar" stands true.
Kudos to you!
Tarasadie17
QUOTE(THUNDER9 @ Jul 17 2007, 01:49 PM)
This just goes to show what a little respect and courtesy can do for you when presented with a situation that could have gone either way.  The old adage of "You get more flies with honey than with vinagar" stands true. 
Kudos to you!

You nailed it Jeff... what kind of response do you think I would have got if I sent a letter saying "Dear screw ups..."? unsure.gif wink.gif
2000 rushing yards
Wow!! i never received a damaged NPN before but even if i did i woudl never expect that as an replacemnt..

Awesome cards!!
vikinghawkeye
how common is it to get anything back?
Tarasadie17
QUOTE(vikinghawkeye @ Jul 17 2007, 05:13 PM)
how common is it to get anything back?

As far as Topps goes, it has to do with how quick you get your NPN request in... I have always done pretty well when I send a request in to Topps withing 5 days of the product's release....
dc_o
Very nice NPN's Michael.
KHarmon
WOW!!!! That's an amazing response and some VERY nice cards. I dare ya to try that with Upper Deck!!!!! huh.gif

Congrats on the pickups, it's good to see that at least one of the two major players in the industry has some respect for those who collect their products.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.