Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: NPN - Hobby vs. Retail
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
jcharles2
I've read contradictory opinions about this on this site. I have requested NPNs from Topps for both hobby and retail versions of the same product and had success receiving both. Has something changed recently? Have I just been lucky? Does anyone have a DEFINITIVE answer based on factual information and not speculation?
2000 rushing yards
I don't think so here is a quote from the npnsportscards.com website

"Can I send in entries for both the retail and hobby versions of the product?
No. NPNs specify that the limits are for the product overall, not on which version of the product you're mailing in an NPN for. "
Tarasadie17
Acccording to a Topps representative I spoke to, you can send in a NPN request per NPN address, not per product. For example, let's take 2006 Topps baseball... you'd be able to send requests for:

2006 Topps Jumbos
2006 Topps Hobby
2006 Topps Retail
2006 Topps Rack Packs

Each had different NPN addresses to send to... probably because they have some different inserts (hobby vs retail) and different seeding of chase cards (for example an autograph in retail was much harder to pull than in hobby)....

Now, I admit I had this phone conversation last year, but I doubt things have changed....
fenway1990
how do you get those??
2000 rushing yards
go to npnsportscards.com for all the info you need. smile.gif
dd316
QUOTE(fenway1990 @ Jul 17 2007, 11:55 AM)
how do you get those??

They're on the backs of the wrappers. Of course you need a super-powered magnifier to read them... wink.gif
jcharles2
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Jul 17 2007, 10:52 AM)
Acccording to a Topps representative I spoke to, you can send in a NPN request per NPN address, not per product. For example, let's take 2006 Topps baseball... you'd be able to send requests for:

2006 Topps Jumbos
2006 Topps Hobby
2006 Topps Retail
2006 Topps Rack Packs

Each had different NPN addresses to send to... probably because they have some different inserts (hobby vs retail) and different seeding of chase cards (for example an autograph in retail was much harder to pull than in hobby)....

Now, I admit I had this phone conversation last year, but I doubt things have changed....

Thanks, Michael. That's exactly the kind of information I was looking for.
-John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.