Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Political Trading Cards
Collector Zone > Non-Sports Cards > Entertainment
Sheesh
1992 Wild Card Suprise

I find it interesting that Wild Card made trading cards for the 1992 Presidential Election. Interesting that Wild Card seemed to have it's hands in lots of different types of cards. Also interesting that the subject matter was a presidential election.

Are there other manufacturers that produced trading cards for politics?
aceecards
Topps made some in 1972..Wallace, mcGovern. Muski, Tricky Dick and even a teeter Kennedy...
Sheesh
You don't say. I didn't know that. Way back then they were producing cards for elections. I kind of thought that you might find singles for a candidate's run, but not sets that far back.

BTW: Sorry if this was in the wrong forum to begin with. Thought it might go well in Politics.
finestkind
Back in the 90's Topps made a few hundred cards of president George H. Bush in his Yale baseball uniform. A few ended up in dealers hands. I saw one at a show. But I don't recall how much the dealer was asking for it. There was a early presidents set in 1934 by US Caramel Card Co. Topps made a presidents card set in 1965. I'm pretty sure there were a few other pre-war presidents card sets and a few 19th century sets. I'm sure Indy (19century Indiana Jones)
would have more info on some sets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.