Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: What would you do?!? Awesome patch with creases!!!
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
jaderock
I recently bought this awesome Brunell Patch which featured a partial Jaguars Head as shown below.

user posted image

Looks nice right?

---

But this is what I got. There are 3 creases on the card. They're all bad, but the worst crease is from the top right swatch window to the to of the card. The bottom 2 creases on the swatch window aren't as bad. The creases were on the card before shipping as it was in a screwdown. One of the creases is slightly visible, but "scans" do no show the them well.

user posted image
user posted image

The creases were not mentioned when I bought it, but the seller says he really didn't know they were there. Here's the delimma I have. Based on this facts, if you were a hardcore collector of this player and recieved this card - what would you do?

A. Keep it
B. Return it to seller.

To complicate matters, the same card with the Jaguar Head from the opposite shoulder patch was on ebay and went for double what I paid. So does the creases KILL the appeal of the card or does the unique patch make it a "keeper."

I know what I'm doing, just curious what other collectors would do! Thanks
psupuz31
I would keep it but give him a neg for bad pictures or talk to him about it. Maybe you can get your money back!
skatalite
Keep it. No doubt.
dd316
Keep it. If you return it to Donruss there's no guarantee you'll get a card back that's even close to what you send. Heck, you may not even get Brunell back!

I sent a damaged Clark GU bat card to Donruss for replacement once and got a Bagwell in return. I'll never send another Clark back. I don't ever plan on selling my Clarks, so condition isn't a huge issue of mine. I have a dual Clark/Palmeiro gu with a decent crease in it and it doesn't bother me enough to spend more money on another.
coltsfan23
I would keep it as well.
jaderock
QUOTE(dd316 @ Jun 27 2007, 01:39 PM)
Keep it. If you return it to Donruss there's no guarantee you'll get a card back that's even close to what you send. Heck, you may not even get Brunell back!

Can't return to manufacturer since it was a Fleer product! ohmy.gif
tex333
Keep It!
dd316
QUOTE(jaderock @ Jun 27 2007, 04:42 PM)
Can't return to manufacturer since it was a Fleer product! ohmy.gif

Oh yeah, duurr!! teehee.gif

Even more reason to keep it! biggrin.gif
Nene
Chalk it up to experience. I bought what I thought was an expensive LeBron card once,...and it was the Hummer series, and it had dinged corners!...You never know what you're getting really, but thats just life on ebay.
BoxBreaker44
Keep It!

bigalexx
keep it
spuds1961
hey jade i would keep it but ask for a partial refund, as if he was honest in his description you probably would have offered less anyway.it is still a really sweet card besides the creases a keeper for sure take care spuds
bushidobard
Really sweet looking card; can see why you wanted it!
Tb40
Since it is for your PC and you're doing a master collection I'd keep it, but mention it to the seller. He had to have known about those creases. I mean C'mon.
Thanks, Matt

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.