Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Just a friendly reminder
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
skatalite
I would just like to take a moment to remind everyone to pay attention when dealing with people on trading restrictions. Restriction notices are under the person's avatar on any thread page, and can be found on the profile.

Trading restrictions are given for various reasons, but the main one is to warn other traders about possible problems you might encounter. Trading restrictions are for your safety.

Furthermore, I know some people decide to go around trading restrictions by trading off-site, meaning they don't create transaction threads when dealing. Whatever you do off-site is your own business, but do know that TCC won't be able to help with deals that go wrong and weren't detailed on TCC. Creating a transaction on TCC is for everyone's best interested, especially if who you're dealing with is on a trading restriction or has had problems elsewhere.

Just wanted to remind everyone about that.
tex333
thumbsup.gif clapping.gif
mouthslammer
I think anyone that is on current transactions should NOT be able to post at all. They should only be able to contact Bob via pm with details on their deals and try to complete them. I see people posting all the time on here but not updating their transactions.
skatalite
QUOTE(mouthslammer @ Jun 17 2007, 04:33 PM)
I think anyone that is on current transactions should NOT be able to post at all.  They should only be able to contact Bob via pm with details on their deals and try to complete them.  I see people posting all the time on here but not updating their transactions.

Bob's already busy, no need to bog him down with having to deal with people who can't take care of themselves. I understand where you're coming from, though.
dviv17
Yeah, some guy keeps posting in the trade forums even though he's on current. If he keeps doing it, I say:

ban.gif

He's also used bad language from what I've seen. Not to call anyone out though........
dviv17
Got a nice message from this anonymous person!
HOFerAutoCollector
I am gonna have to agree. Bob might be busy, but we have a TEAM here to help with this kind of thing, right? CTO members should only be allowed to PM staff members or can only post in non trade/marketplace threads.
dviv17
QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Jun 17 2007, 05:17 PM)
I am gonna have to agree. Bob might be busy, but we have a TEAM here to help with this kind of thing, right? CTO members should only be allowed to PM staff members or can only post in non trade/marketplace threads.

Yep, they shouldn't be allowed to even view those forums or PM non-staff members. Otherwise, they'd just look in there, see what people have, then PM them.
2000 rushing yards
i don't know about that restrictive. they shouldn't be able to just post in the trading,marketplace, or set building sub-forums
BoxBreaker44
QUOTE(dviv17 @ Jun 17 2007, 04:07 PM)
Got a nice message from this anonymous person!

i think i know who ur talking about....i told him i liked a card not relizing hes on current...then once i noticed i told him i couldnt and i got 10 pms in a 2hr period telling me to do the trade out of tcc..
mouthslammer
I think we all know who you are talking about. I won't say names, but he is rude and should be gone after all his trades are completed or failed. I mean when you have to be told time after time after time several dozen times and still keep doing it, you have worn out your welcome.
Cades
Also a nice list of the names at the bottom of the forums too biggrin.gif
hernant15
QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Jun 17 2007, 09:17 PM)

I agree with Tom. But I don't know if they should be banned from posting. It all depends on why do they have a restriction.
I truly agree that they should stay permanently in contact with the Team, not just Bob. He's already busy.
mouthslammer
this is a friendly bump for traders than don't know "Current Transactions Only" means that the member can't trade until all the current deals are completed!!!!
RaidersFan4Life
I totally understand the situation but where he had can only do current transactions was in his sig so i wasnt sure. I also think when another person post in your thread then sends you PM's being a punk they should be restricted not mentioning any names. The person im talking about loves to create problems and situations. After seeing his smart remarks time after time its enough. I think something should be done hes been told time after time if the thread doesnt pertain to him then dont post. Thanks to all who understand where im comming from and who im talking about. Thanks Cory (RAIDERS4LIFE)
skatalite
This thread isn't meant to single anyone out. If a shouting match ensues, please believe PMs will be sent to those being loud over nothing smile.gif
mouthslammer
QUOTE(RaidersFan4Life @ Jul 8 2007, 04:14 PM)
I totally understand the situation but where he had can only do current transactions was in his sig so i wasnt sure. I also think when another person post in your thread then sends you PM's being a punk they should be restricted not mentioning any names. The person im talking about loves to create problems and situations. After seeing his smart remarks time after time its enough. I think something should be done hes been told time after time if the thread doesnt pertain to him then dont post. Thanks to all who understand where im comming from and who im talking about. Thanks Cory (RAIDERS4LIFE)

Read the Red letters in bold right under his name on the left and that tells you everything. Skatalite or whoever put them in his signature because people kept posting deals with him and they weren't supposed to. How is that so hard to comprehend?????
RaidersFan4Life
All i have to say is this situation doesnt pertain to you so stay out of it. Thanks

QUOTE(mouthslammer @ Jul 8 2007, 04:18 PM)
Read the Red letters in bold right under his name on the left and that tells you everything.  Skatalite or whoever put them in his signature because people kept posting deals with him and they weren't supposed to.  How is that so hard to comprehend?????

ffman
Don't know how I missed this thread.

I don't think members restricted should be forbidden from posting; I do, however, think that they should be forbidding from creating any kind of trading topic (including transactions).

I also think there should be a way to keep other members from creating transaction topics with restricted members. Quite a bit, I've saw members create trades with another member who is on a CTO restriction - this shouldn't be allowed either.
hernant15
The problem is that, for example, a member PMs you saying that he is interested in a card. Then you agree to a trade and, when receiving and sending PMs, you can't see that the member has a trading restriction. This may drive to some members to think that the member with whom they'll trade has no restriction.
ffman
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Jul 8 2007, 08:12 PM)
The problem is that, for example, a member PMs you saying that he is interested in a card. Then you agree to a trade and, when receiving and sending PMs, you can't see that the member has a trading restriction. This may drive to some members to think that the member with whom they'll trade has no restriction.

But, they should always do research. All you have to do is look at the member in question's profile (or any of his/her posts) to see the restriction.
hernant15
QUOTE(ffman @ Jul 8 2007, 11:42 PM)
But, they should always do research.  All you have to do is look at the member in question's profile (or any of his/her posts) to see the restriction.

If it isn't included in the sig, the profile would be useless.
vicsten
After you get a request through PM from any individual, click on their name and check out their transaction history. It will show you what you need to know. -Vickie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.