Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Manufacturers have web sites
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
bob_TCC
I'm just curious to find out how often you visit one of the manufacturer's web sites, so let's find out via this poll!

-Bob
braves4life1025
what are the manufacturers websites?
skatalite
Usually to check upcoming releases and some checklists.
bob_TCC
I voted for Weekly. On average, I likely visit one of them each week and most or all of them during a given month.

-Bob
ashtaz82
I prettty much check them out once a week. It seems like less and less is being updated though.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(braves4life1025 @ May 31 2007, 05:02 PM)
what are the manufacturers websites?

For example, Topps.com, UpperDeck.com, Donruss.com and more.

-Bob
Cades
Maybe weekly, but its only UD to check on Redemption statuses
ffman
I voted daily - but that's simply because I have been checking Upper Deck's site almost daily to check on the status of a redemption. laugh.gif

colts21
I usually check it once a week and to see what cards they have. I usually visit donruss.com the most.
bob_TCC
Generally speaking, the manufacturer's web sites lack interactive features. Therefore, weekly is not surprising. I've always wondered why their sites lack "sticky" features though... unsure.gif

-Bob
Luke2411
I check upperdeck's site daily to view my redemptions, and that's the only reason. They've had some message on the redemption page for over two months now that says, (paraphrase) "for the next two weeks we will be vastly updating our redemptions and you may see changes in the status of your redemptions, so keep checking back." So, I've been checking back everyday and nothing has changed. The two I've been waiting on since January are still there and still say, "athlete committed to signing soon, please be patient." I've got another on there that says, "card not produced, replacement will be sent." That's just awesome. Way to put a redemption in for a card you didn't make. That one's been there for two weeks now, you would think they'd have something ready to send out for it, since it's from 2006 SPX Baseball. It's not like that's new a product. I hate Upper Deck.
ffman
QUOTE(Luke2411 @ Jun 5 2007, 09:53 AM)
I check upperdeck's site daily to view my redemptions, and that's the only reason.  They've had some message on the redemption page for over two months now that says, (paraphrase) "for the next two weeks we will be vastly updating our redemptions and you may see changes in the status of your redemptions, so keep checking back."  So, I've been checking back everyday and nothing has changed.  The two I've been waiting on since January are still there and still say, "athlete committed to signing soon, please be patient."  I've got another on there that says, "card not produced, replacement will be sent."  That's just awesome.  Way to put a redemption in for a card you didn't make.  That one's been there for two weeks now, you would think they'd have something ready to send out for it, since it's from 2006 SPX Baseball.  It's not like that's new a product.  I hate Upper Deck.

Upper Deck is even horrible with non-redemptions. I noticed a letter in the June 07 Beckett; a collector pulled a 2007 UD Star Signings Ken Griffey Jr. autograph. However, while most of the sticker autographs were in black ink, his was in red ink. And, this was only because UD had to use some of his stickers from their inventory 'in order for us to fulfill the number of Ken Griffey Jr. autographs alloted for this product'. (Quote from Greg Kohn, baseball UD product manager).
hernant15
I voted monthly, because I go to UD.com to do the Trivia Challenge. Just that.
Iplayfootball_90
I voted every few months. When there's a product that I'm looking forward to it's release I'll go find out about it, but I don't go often.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.