Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: My (entire) personal collection
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Show and Tell
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
ffman
After picking up a scanner on Friday, I've scanned all of my personal collection. I just got finishing redesigning my Photobucket, removing old links of digital camera pictures and replacing them with scans.

In my old Sosa and Wright collection topics, some of the pictures no longer work. Plus, even for those that are still working (which I attached rather than linked to), scans will show them much better. So, I decided to start a new show and tell thread - for my entire personal collection. This will include cards from my Sosa collection, Wright collection, Sweet Spot Classic collection, and any other PC card I have. Since I have more to work with, I'll try to provide one picture each day.

First, I'll start with my first game-used card: 2000 UD Ovation Greg Maddux

user posted image

Please let me know if you think the pictures are too big.
jwman92
no not at all, and nice maddux gu, i was lookin through ur bucket and wondered if u still had the adress for ur wright ttm auto
ffman
QUOTE(jwman92 @ May 13 2007, 01:54 PM)
no not at all, and nice maddux gu, i was lookin through ur bucket and wondered if u still had the adress for ur wright ttm auto

I sent to the Mets address (Shea Stadium).
jwman92
o ok, maybe i will try that!!
dviv17
I didn't think Wright signed TTM.
ffman
QUOTE(dviv17 @ May 13 2007, 02:28 PM)
I didn't think Wright signed TTM.

Some say he uses a ghost signer. But, the signature looks authentic when compared to my other two autographs of Wright.
psupuz31
Nice Collection I am looking forward to seeing your collection. By the way, I have been comparing Wright's ttm autos and yours looks authentic.
Iplayfootball_90
Nice Maddux GU, Cody. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your collection. wink.gif
chopinalex
I personally love the large images..its the best way to view a card online....dont shrink them too much if u do...
ffman
QUOTE(Iplayfootball_90 @ May 13 2007, 08:11 PM)
Nice Maddux GU, Cody. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your collection. wink.gif

Thanks. My first autograph (and of my favorite pieces) will be posted tomorrow.
ffman
QUOTE(chopinalex @ May 13 2007, 08:13 PM)
I personally love the large images..its the best way to view a card online....dont shrink them too much if u do...

I like them like that too. Allows for much better detail.
dviv17
I don't like them so huge that one has to scroll a ton over, but I like them that size. I downsize them by one on photobucket when I post scans.
ffman
QUOTE(dviv17 @ May 13 2007, 08:15 PM)
I don't like them so huge that one has to scroll a ton over, but I like them that size. I downsize them by one on photobucket when I post scans.

Yeah - I've got them at 'message board' size right now.

Well, not all of them, but I shrink the pictures before I post them here.
bigalexx
nice cant wait to see the rest of your PC
Iplayfootball_90
I usually try to keep mine about that size as well.
jaderock
Glad you got a scanner!!! That camera you used was hard getting good pics!
ffman
QUOTE(jaderock @ May 14 2007, 12:01 AM)
Glad you got a scanner!!! That camera you used was hard getting good pics!

How true!

My picture for today: I said earlier it was my first autograph, but after thinking - it isn't. laugh.gif But, it's one of my first autographs - I'd say around my third. It's one of my favorite pieces - a nice, clean, on-card autograph, of an important player for the World Series 1950s Yankees. He passed away earlier this year.

2001 Topps Archives 1952 Topps reprint Hank Bauer autograph

user posted image
Iplayfootball_90
Incredible auto! I'm surprised Steve hasn't already offered you something for that one.
ffman
QUOTE(Iplayfootball_90 @ May 14 2007, 09:50 AM)
Incredible auto! I'm surprised Steve hasn't already offered you something for that one.

Thanks. Steve hasn't offered anything because he's not a Hall of Famer. laugh.gif
Iplayfootball_90
QUOTE(ffman @ May 14 2007, 10:52 AM)
Thanks.  Steve hasn't offered anything because he's not a Hall of Famer.  laugh.gif

Oh, well that'd make sense then. Shows how much I keep up with baseball, eh? laugh.gif
skatalite
Whooooooo.
yankeesjetsfan
Sweet Bauer Cody! Glad you got a scanner. Looking forward to seeing your collection.

Mike
Bolted_Down
WOW!!
Really NICE Stuff so far!
Cool Pics, too!!

hope to see more of it...
smile.gif
ffman
Thanks everyone!

Tomorrow will be my first patch.
ffman
My first patch, from my first hobby box. I picked up the box at a Wal-Mart Supercenter; I later found out it was an overpriced box, but I did well.

2005 Fleer Tradition Diamond Tributes 3-color patch Miguel Cabrera /50

user posted image

Iplayfootball_90
That is a sweet patch, Cody. wink.gif
ffman
Today I have four cards. And, these are actually my first autographs, but of course not pack-pulled.

In 1994, Nabisco held a promotion - send in serial numbers from a certain number of their products, along with a small amount of money (forgot how much, but it wasn't alot) for four MLB autographed cards. Jim Palmer, Duke Snider, Frank Robinson, and Bob Gibson.

The cards (they're not in a binder page - just in toploaders taped to one):

user posted image

And the certificate of authenticity for each:

user posted image
hernant15
Great additions Cody, thanks for sharing the collection!
Iplayfootball_90
WOW! Those are awesome for not having to pay much, Cody. ohmy.gif
ffman
For today:

I know very little about the player, but it's one of my favorite cards due to the Biblical inscription - the only card like that I have.

2004 Reflections Gold Rookie Autograph 125 Mike Rouse

user posted image

The inscription is '1 Cor. 10:31'.
Iplayfootball_90
Nice auto, Cody! Thanks for sharing!
artyman60
Nice stuff !!
ffman
Thank you everyone!

For today - one of my favorite cards, if not THE favorite, although it probably holds the lowest book value.

2005 Fleer Authentix Jersey Authentix Sammy Sosa (w/ Majestic logo).

user posted image

There are patch variants in this set (Patch Authentix) but, oddly enough, this is not part of the variant set. It's a regular jersey - I just happened to pull a swatch with the logo on it.
veritas
wow, thats one of the best jersey cards I've ever seen!

Nice card!!!
ffman
QUOTE(veritas @ May 18 2007, 10:46 AM)
wow, thats one of the best jersey cards I've ever seen!

Nice card!!!

Thanks. Definitely the best regular jersey I have, with my Nolan Ryan Astros 2-color behind it.
Iplayfootball_90
Gotta love that Sosa! Nice card. biggrin.gif
ffman
Next, one of the centerpieces of my collection:

2005 Reflections Dual Signature Red Jose Reyes/David Wright /99

user posted image

And, Wright had a great game today, hitting two home runs, 4 RBI, 2 walks, a stolen base, and scoring three runs. The Mets won 10-2.
dviv17
Awesome dual!
bigalexx
QUOTE(ffman @ May 19 2007, 04:42 PM)
Next, one of the centerpieces of my collection:

2005 Reflections Dual Signature Red Jose Reyes/David Wright /99

user posted image

And, Wright had a great game today, hitting two home runs, 4 RBI, 2 walks, a stolen base, and scoring three runs.  The Mets won 10-2.

jawdrop.gif awesome dual auto
Iplayfootball_90
Awesome dual auto, Cody! biggrin.gif
ffman
Oh....and the score was 10-7, not 10-2. laugh.gif

David Wright's 1st home run went 460 feet.
ffman
One of my first two 2005 Sweet Spot Classic Material pulls: Nolan Ryan jersey 2-color.

user posted image
mvpujols#5
SAWEET!!!
jwman92
great collection, i especially like the reyes and wright dual!!!
Iplayfootball_90
That Ryan GU is really nice, Cody! wink.gif
Scott792
nice ryan gu
CelticPride41
Sweet collection. The Sosa patch is amazing.
dviv17
Very cool Ryan!
allcards93
Man, nice collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!
marcus42
that gibson and snider auto are very cool!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.