Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Role of the TCC Team
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
Pages: 1, 2
bob_TCC
With so many collectors finding their way to the TCC Collector Zone, I wanted to begin to share more information about what defines TCC in order to help each of our members and visitors get a better feel for what to expect here.

So, there's no better place to start than to simply provide a high-level view of the role of the TCC Team.

Put simply... The role of the TCC Team is to ensure that the Collector Zone becomes and remains the leading hobby forum by focusing on supporting the needs of each and every member. Primarily, TCC Team members function as customer service representatives - not administrators and moderators. Because of that, you'll quickly realize that we don't refer to team members as "admins" or "mods". wink.gif

Instead, we are a team of collectors who are focused on answering questions from other collectors on any number of subjects as well as encouraging lively discussion about the hobby. We are here to help others, not boost our ego because of a title or power or obtain an advantage in trading, buying or selling because of some additional status. wink.gif

If anything, the exact opposite is true! We make every effort to leave our ego at the door and are more than willing to provide price checks to a new member while another member is working out a trade for that card we would have liked. wink.gif

Bottom line is that we place great value on helping other collectors - that is what motivates the TCC Team members. biggrin.gif

-Bob
randallcards
nice biggrin.gif
EB31
Great sticky smile.gif Should prove very helpful to new and old members alike.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(EB31 @ Feb 13 2006, 02:21 PM)
Should prove very helpful to new and old members alike.

I think it properly captures the purpose of the TCC Team. wink.gif

-Bob
Tarasadie17
Nicely done Bob... as usual.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Feb 13 2006, 11:21 PM)
Nicely done Bob... as usual.

Thank you. wink.gif

-Bob
CodyJohnson117
That makes sense pretty good. That is defently a News Annoucement biggrin.gif Great idea, Bob!

Cody J.
ISLP55
You are one fine orator...made me go for the nose cleaner...lol
Yes, here there is more of a serene atmosphere and cooler heads usually prevail.
fightingirishjd8
good topic
yankeesjetsfan
Great post Bob. I fell that the TTC team not only hits their goals on a daily basis, but surpasses them.

Mike
Iplayfootball_90
QUOTE(yankeesjetsfan @ May 30 2007, 08:02 AM)
Great post Bob. I fell that the TTC team not only hits their goals on a daily basis, but surpasses them.

Mike

Very well put, Mike. I agree with that 100%.
vitalejd
bob, you are truly awesome!

rockon.gif rockon.gif
sundevilpride
Bob, you are _____ (fill in the blank)

tongue.gif
scottmax36
nice
bravesfan09
Hey Bob, think that when i graduate i could be on the team unsure.gif
crazygood
Yeah Bob me too

LOL!
dviv17
Me three! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
2000 rushing yards
me four1! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
kooljazz1966
QUOTE(bravesfan09 @ Jun 16 2007, 06:02 PM)
Hey Bob, think that when i graduate i could be on the team unsure.gif

Now see what you started! tongue.gif biggrin.gif ........
bravesfan09
QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Jun 17 2007, 12:24 PM)
Now see what you started!  tongue.gif  biggrin.gif ........

I may have a legitimate argument for it in a couple years though! I'll most likely have 20,000 posts and 425 transactions by than ohmy.gif
dviv17
QUOTE(bravesfan09 @ Jun 17 2007, 10:27 AM)
I may have a legitimate argument for it in a couple years though!  I'll most likely have 20,000 posts and 425 transactions by than ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Those are some impressive numbers right there!

I've been here about 6 months, so I'll most likely have 280 transactions and 20,000 posts!
skatalite
It isn't just about post and transaction tallies tongue.gif
tex333
QUOTE(skatalite @ Jun 17 2007, 01:47 PM)
It isn't just about post and transaction tallies tongue.gif

It's about how much the big guy gets slid under the Table! tongue.gif . But seriously, this is the only site I know where Mods or here Team Memebrs interact and feel like regular members. Like when I talk to a mod on another site it feels like i'm talking to the Principal after starting a food fight. Here, when I'm talkin Acee or Skatlite, it's like talking to a friend. TEAM MEMBERS ARE JUST MEMBERS WITH BENIFITS biggrin.gif laugh.gif
kooljazz1966
QUOTE(tex333 @ Jun 17 2007, 04:20 PM)
It's about how much the big guy gets slid under the Table! tongue.gif . But seriously, this is the only site I know where Mods or here Team Memebrs interact and feel like regular members. Like when I talk to a mod on another site it feels like i'm talking to the Principal after starting a food fight. Here, when I'm talkin Acee or Skatlite, it's like talking to a friend. TEAM MEMBERS ARE JUST MEMBERS WITH BENIFITS biggrin.gif  laugh.gif

That's one heck of a compliment and speaks volumes of the TCC Team. On behalf of TCC.com, thanks Alan!

Sincerely,

-Ken
2000 rushing yards
QUOTE(tex333 @ Jun 17 2007, 05:20 PM)
It's about how much the big guy gets slid under the Table! tongue.gif . But seriously, this is the only site I know where Mods or here Team Memebrs interact and feel like regular members. Like when I talk to a mod on another site it feels like i'm talking to the Principal after starting a food fight. Here, when I'm talkin Acee or Skatlite, it's like talking to a friend. TEAM MEMBERS ARE JUST MEMBERS WITH BENIFITS biggrin.gif  laugh.gif

suck up tongue.gif laugh.gif
ffman
QUOTE(tex333 @ Jun 17 2007, 03:20 PM)

That says it well. Ken, Bob, Brian, Michael, Steve, Richard, Shawn, etc....they don't act with an 'I'm-better-than-thou' attitude. They act like PEOPLE! laugh.gif
ronaldinho0003
I am interested in becoming part of the team!
Pm me with some info Bob...
THANX
bushidobard
QUOTE(tex333 @ Jun 17 2007, 04:20 PM)

Irony is...with any luck, by September I *will* be a Principal!

unsure.gif

laugh.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(ronaldinho0003 @ Apr 11 2008, 10:41 PM)
I am interested in becoming part of the team!

Noted. wink.gif

For everyone's benefit...

While this varies slightly for teams that require certain skills, the standard process for selecting members of the TCC Team is that existing team members make nominations about potential candidates. Then, all of the existing team members have the opportunity to review all of the candidates and provide feedback. Then, a final decision is made and invitations are extended.

In many ways, it's safe to assume that your activity each and every day is an ongoing "interview". wink.gif

-Bob
tex333
QUOTE(bushidobard @ Apr 12 2008, 07:23 AM)
Irony is...with any luck, by September I *will* be a Principal!

unsure.gif

laugh.gif

What? ohmy.gif If a kid ever get's in trouble, instead of detention, make him collate base cards by player and team!
NGWH Sports Cards
Bob, what are my chances of making the team?
Bravesfan10
QUOTE(NGWH Sports Cards @ Apr 12 2008, 10:09 AM)
Bob, what are my chances of making the team?

I think the entire team would have to make that decision, not just Bob.
NGWH Sports Cards
Ok,

CZTM, what are my chances of making the team? laugh.gif tongue.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(NGWH Sports Cards @ Apr 12 2008, 11:20 AM)
CZTM, what are my chances of making the team? laugh.gif  tongue.gif

I really don't want to start down the path of responding to individual inquiries in these type of topics, especially considering that I defined the process above.

-Bob
NGWH Sports Cards
Sorry!~ sad.gif
benshobbies
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 12 2008, 09:08 AM)
Noted.  wink.gif

For everyone's benefit...

While this varies slightly for teams that require certain skills, the standard process for selecting members of the TCC Team is that existing team members make nominations about potential candidates.  Then, all of the existing team members have the opportunity to review all of the candidates and provide feedback.  Then, a final decision is made and invitations are extended.

In many ways, it's safe to assume that your activity each and every day is an ongoing "interview".  wink.gif

-Bob

I also have an interest in helping out TCC become one of the best sites online and becoming a team member. This site seems like there is something special about it. Currently I sell on eBay and Naxcom and would love to build up more transactions on TCC once I get more cards in my Trade Flickr. I see a lot of potential in this site and I want to be a part of it.

Let me know what I can do to help!

Benjamin
Ben's Hobbies
mjda
QUOTE(benshobbies @ Oct 25 2008, 06:11 PM)
I also have an interest in helping out TCC become one of the best sites online and becoming a team member.

Let me know what I can do to help!

You don't have to be a team member to help TCC thrive. You simply have to continue posting, trading, and answering any questions you see that you may know the answer to. There are several people on this site who I would suggest be made part of the TCC team, but I would bet those same people could care less whether they were part of the team or not.
sebredsox24
QUOTE(mjda @ Nov 3 2008, 07:24 PM)
You don't have to be a team member to help TCC thrive. You simply have to continue posting, trading, and answering any questions you see that you may know the answer to. There are several people on this site who I would suggest be made part of the TCC team, but I would bet those same people could care less whether they were part of the team or not.

exactly, besides who needs responsibility tongue.gif
jwman92
QUOTE(mjda @ Nov 3 2008, 08:24 PM)

Well put!
We all care very greatly about the site, but one of the best thing you can do to make it better, is trade, and post, and talk to other members, so that people keep coming back. The best reflection of any website isn't its moderators, but its members, and how they react with each other!
jwman92
I bet everyone is thinking-
Why did we bring this topic back up again? tongue.gif
mjda
QUOTE(jwman92 @ Nov 3 2008, 06:30 PM)
I bet everyone is thinking-
Why did we bring this topic back up again? tongue.gif

Most forums are just like a vicious circle of repetitive posts. At least we started this old topic up again rather than just creating a whole new thread for it.
jwman92
QUOTE(mjda @ Nov 3 2008, 08:37 PM)
Most forums are just like a vicious circle of repetitive posts. At least we started this old topic up again rather than just creating a whole new thread for it.

Are you running a script for your avatar that selects a random image of an NBA team every time you refresh the page?
mjda
QUOTE(jwman92 @ Nov 3 2008, 06:40 PM)
Are you running a script for your avatar that selects a random image of an NBA team every time you refresh the page?

Yeah, exactly.
bob_TCC
With so many new members, I just wanted to remind each and every member about the role of the TCC Team. wink.gif

-Bob
xebulba
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Dec 5 2008, 04:47 PM)
With so many new members, I just wanted to remind each and every member about the role of the TCC Team.  wink.gif

-Bob

Thats right, they are here to do our bidding... muahahahahahahah
bob_TCC
I just wanted to remind each and every member about the role of the TCC Team. wink.gif

-Bob
Johnny Number 5
i am willing to help

Pick me Pick me!

j5
mjda
QUOTE(Johnny Number 5 @ Apr 30 2009, 07:24 PM)
i am willing to help

Pick me Pick me!

j5

You think maybe there's a TCC Combine we can attend and try out, then hope we get drafted by one of the teams? Haha!
Johnny Number 5
QUOTE(mjda @ Apr 30 2009, 07:27 PM)
You think maybe there's a TCC Combine we can attend and try out, then hope we get drafted by one of the teams? Haha!

LOL

Yeh i got an invite to TCC pro day Here are my results

Typing - 124 words per minute
Eating mangos - 5 in 10 seconds
common card throw - 400' 10"
Case break (10 boxes) - 9min 32 seconds
Card Sorting (1000 cards) 4minutes 39 seconds

lol
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Johnny Number 5 @ Apr 30 2009, 09:02 PM)
Card Sorting (1000 cards) 4minutes 39 seconds

If that's true, I might have a job for you. biggrin.gif

-Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.