Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Michelle Kwan pulls out of olympics!
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Other Sports
aceecards
OK..after all that she is not healthy enough..

so what are the odds that Emily Hughes can duplicate her Big sisters feat and win the Gold!!

Id say Emily Hughes has got to be riding on some crazy rollercoaster right now..

first she qualifies, then Kwan appeals and knocks her out...now shes back in but has to get to Torino..

So far NBC has done a great job of broadcasting..I loved watching the womens Hockey games commercial free...

yesterday USA beat switzerland 6-0 and Canada beat Italy 16-0

theres gold and silver in them thar hills!!!

I want to be a Slider!!! Man those Luge guys are crazy! 94MPH? on 4 inches of steel...yikes!!
KHarmon
The Luge looks like it would be FUN!!!!!! I watched some of it last night before I went to bed. I'm ready to watch some down hill skiing.......and ski jumping....those two are my favorites in the winter games.
19th Century Indiana Jones
GO SASHA!!!
aceecards
Oh yes.. Kris, did you see the features on Bode and Daren they did last night..

and yes Rob..Go Sasha!!!

But I cant help rooting a little bit for Emily who skated so well in St Louis only to have her dreams ripped from her by the USFSA and the US Olympic officials..

2nd chances usually pay off...and It only takes 2 really good performances to win the gold.. ya know the old adage ..."on any given night..."

Of course if emily was to medal her and her sister would be the second set of siblings to medal in the winter olympics in figure skating... Do you know who the first were?
Sheesh
I think Kwuan just wanted a free trip to Italy. I can't believe that they Olympic folks let her on the roster without competing in the first place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.