Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: March 2007 Member of the Month - Luke2411
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
jaderock
Check this out...skatalite created this beautiful FRONT PAGE piece on Luke2411 in the TCC Times!!!! 1st issue .... a collector's item!!! Congrats to Jeremy Duff on becoming the March Member of the Month!!!

Click this for an image, or download the PDF at the bottom!

March Member of the Month

Not sure what the prize is this month for our winner but we'll work on a package for him! smile.gif

Previous Members of the Month
2000 rushing yards
Wow... Congrats!!!! clapping.gif
Iplayfootball_90
Congrats to you Jeremy! You deserve it man.
Bags5MVP
What a great article! Very cool and congrats Jeremy!
gopackgo
There you go Duff!!! Now all you have to do is win the Inkscriptions contest!
aceecards
wooooohoooooo!
kooljazz1966
Congrats Jeremy !!!!!!!
hernant15
Congrats Jeremy!
pavi39
Congrats to our member of the month
ffman
Congrats Jeremy! A great pick by the Team!

And a very nice article by Richard! "The TCC Times". laugh.gif
snkpoct137
WAY TO GO! u da man, you your diamond king boxes and ripken auto laugh.gif congrats man
Luke2411
WOW!!! That article is sweet!!!!!!! Very cool Skatalite!!. I have a room in my basement with a desk and some shelves where I do all my card collecting business. I'm going to print that off and hang it up over my desk.

I still have that 1988 Topps Complete Set sitting on a shelf next to me. That box is busted up pretty good, but here are some pics...

user posted image

user posted image

The corner is coming apart here, but I just couldn't bring myself to take the cards out and put them in another box. This is their home. Stay in your home cards, stay in your home!!

user posted image

Here you can see the tick marks and labels I made when I seperated them into team sets. Right now they are in the box by number, so 1-???? Who can guess? How many cards were in a Topps Team set in 1988????

Also, here's a pic of that JD Drew jersey card...

user posted image

Nothing special, but you'll notice if you go to my bucket, it's in the PC. Not going anywhere, so don't ask, LOL!

Thanks for the honor TCC. I am very undeserving, but am honored nonetheless. Also, great work on the article, it's quite awesome.
HOFerAutoCollector
Congrats Jeremy. I love seeing someone so appreciative of what they have. That Sierra will always have a happy home.
Good for you!
Tom
Luke2411
QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ May 4 2007, 09:35 AM)
Congrats Jeremy. I love seeing someone so appreciative of what they have. That Sierra will always have a happy home.
Good for you!
Tom

Thanks Tom. What you did was really nice. I'm glad that there are members like you here at TCC. I know it didn't cost you much, but it meant a great deal to me. So, thanks for being so generous.
HOFerAutoCollector
QUOTE(Luke2411 @ May 4 2007, 10:41 AM)
Thanks Tom.  What you did was really nice.  I'm glad that there are members like you here at TCC.  I know it didn't cost you much, but it meant a great deal to me.  So, thanks for being so generous.

This is my point exactly. People that choose meaning over value. Youre right, it cost me less than a fast food lunch to get that card, but it means more to you than that dollar value. Much like my appreciation of my HOFers, the value is nice, but the meaning behind them is better. Fantastic writeup and article on you as well.
Tom
bufbillsstlcards
Congrats Duff! Hope you enjoy your prize! The last two guys have gotten boxes, maybe you'll get a DK or Finest!
Jobu
Awesome article and a great story. Couldn't happen to a better or more deserving guy!!! biggrin.gif Congrats, Jeremy.
DeltaPi1049
Congratulations man!
-Drifter-
Congratulations Jeremy!!
psupuz31
Congrats Man and Awesome Article!!
vicsten
Well-deserved recognition of a great member of TCC! You deserve it Jeremy. Keep doing what you're doing! Shout out to Richard for a fine job on the article. -Vickie
Luke2411
Thanks everyone. I printed the article off and hung it on the wall in my card corner. I downloaded it to my phone and showed it to the wife. She's not too pleased that I gave Richard a picture of her after having gone fishing, but I think she looks pretty darn cute. She got a kick out of the article though, so once again, great job.
jaderock
Jeremy...I'm glad Richard wrote this in the manner that he did...it looks SOOO Professional! BTW copies of the TCC Times are now sold out since Jeremy hoarded them all!!!! laugh.gif

Your Caption contest were always fun too!
Luke2411
QUOTE(jaderock @ May 4 2007, 05:01 PM)
Jeremy...I'm glad Richard wrote this in the manner that he did...it looks SOOO Professional! BTW copies of the TCC Times are now sold out since Jeremy hoarded them all!!!! laugh.gif

Your Caption contest were always fun too!

LOL, I did buy them all up. I'm sending them to my family and friends. I will start up the caption contest again. I ran out of cards I wanted to use and haven't had time to look for some more. The summer is also hard to keep things on schedule like that because we are gone alot. So, at least look for me to start it up again in the fall.
coltsfan23
Congrats Jeremey!!!
dviv17
Very much deserved, congrats Jeremy!
Pastretta
Sweet...Congrats man....Awesome article too!! tongue.gif
snkpoct137
wow i finally got to read it and what a great article! i never knew half those things and it was a fun read to learn about a fellow collector.. i still owe ya a good trade after the 2 we had... i also like how the Nolan Ryan auto i traded ya made the page tongue.gif congrats again man u really deserve it!
gregorium
Congratulations! Well deserved!
Luke2411
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I really appreciate them, and still feel as if I don't deserve this. As an update, Steve (aceecards) sent me this in the mail as a prize...

user posted image

Very cool card. A nice addition to my Rangers collection. Thanks Steve.
Luke2411
Will I get a thing under my avatar that says "March 2007 Member of the Month?"
dviv17
QUOTE(Luke2411 @ May 12 2007, 09:45 PM)
Will I get a thing under my avatar that says "March 2007 Member of the Month?"

You can put one there yourself by amending your profile. smile.gif
fightingirishjd8
grats
Luke2411
QUOTE(dviv17 @ May 12 2007, 11:50 PM)
You can put one there yourself by amending your profile. smile.gif

I tried to do it, but I can't seem to get it to work. Oh well.
dviv17
QUOTE(Luke2411 @ May 13 2007, 05:33 PM)
I tried to do it, but I can't seem to get it to work.  Oh well.

Just go to My Controls, Edit Profile, then Custom Member Title.
Griffeyfanatic
QUOTE(dviv17 @ May 13 2007, 07:38 PM)
Just go to My Controls, Edit Profile, then Custom Member Title.

I don't see anything there that says, "Custom Member Title". Does everyone have access to that function?
Hallsgator
QUOTE(Griffeyfanatic @ May 14 2007, 05:25 PM)
I don't see anything there that says, "Custom Member Title".  Does everyone have access to that function?

You have to have at least 500 posts I believe.j
colts21
Congrats man, and great article!
chopinalex
thats cool..i didnt know tcc was doing a newsletter...congrats jeremy on the fish u caught
Luke2411
QUOTE(chopinalex @ May 16 2007, 08:33 PM)
thats cool..i didnt know tcc was doing a newsletter...congrats jeremy on the fish u caught

Thanks. Me, my dad, and my wife caught those in Lake Texoma down in Texas. The little picture at the top of the newsletter is cropped from a larger picture that has me holding up a very large salmon I caught on Lake Michigan just outside of Grand Haven, MI. My favorite hobby outside of sportscards is fishing, and I've gotten my wife to start enjoying it as well. So, that's always good.
Luke2411
QUOTE(bufbillsstlcards @ May 4 2007, 09:50 AM)
Congrats Duff!  Hope you enjoy your prize!  The last two guys have gotten boxes, maybe you'll get a DK or Finest!

I don't know if they are doing that anymore. I haven't heard anything, anyhow. But it's a great honor nonetheless. I wonder who is going to get it for April?
tex333
QUOTE(Luke2411 @ May 20 2007, 07:27 PM)
I don't know if they are doing that anymore.  I haven't heard anything, anyhow.  But it's a great honor nonetheless.  I wonder who is going to get it for April?

Me too. Who knows? dry.gif
dviv17
QUOTE(tex333 @ May 20 2007, 05:29 PM)

I know, I'm curious as well. Who will it be? ohmy.gif huh.gif mellow.gif
hernant15
QUOTE(dviv17 @ May 20 2007, 10:12 PM)
I know, I'm curious as well. Who will it be? ohmy.gif  huh.gif  mellow.gif

Bob and the Team sure will know about it. They will contact the member soon
jaderock
QUOTE(tex333 @ May 20 2007, 05:29 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
---
Skatalite is writing up the April winner and it will be debuting really soon!
tex333
QUOTE(jaderock @ May 20 2007, 08:42 PM)
laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
---
Skatalite is writing up the April winner and it will be debuting really soon!

Is luke going back to back? ohmy.gif mellow.gif
gregorium
QUOTE(tex333 @ May 20 2007, 11:41 PM)
Is luke going back to back? ohmy.gif  mellow.gif

It all depends on how busy Skatalite gets! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Iplayfootball_90
I'm anxious to see who gets it for April as well.
bluechip
congrats to both the author and luke, great article!
jonnyweb69
congratulations jeremy!

great article and a very interesting read
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.