Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: New feature: Transactions by Duration
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
bob_TCC
I'm pleased to announce a new feature which further expands our reporting tools related to a member's transaction history. The new feature provides a table of the member's Transactions by Duration.

A member's completed transactions are broken out by duration ranges of 0 - 14 days, 15 - 29 days, 30 - 59 days and then 60+ days. Within each range, the total number of transactions they completed during that range are listed as well as the percentage this represents of their total completed transactions. Finally, the table includes the "Average duration (days)" that has already been available.

With this new feature, members can easily get a true feeling for the speed at which a member normally completes transactions. This feature also minimizes the possible negative effect created by a very small number of transactions that took many days to complete (e.g., other member did not provide updates, etc.)

To view this new feature, simply view the Completed Transactions for any member. wink.gif

We trust that this new feature will be helpful in making decisions about trading, buying and selling cards at the Collector Zone.

-Bob
coltsfan23
Awesome feature!! Yet another add to make TCC the BEST trading card site out there!!!
2000 rushing yards
Great feature Bob!! Nice idea
ffman
Cool feature!
colts21
Awesome addition!
kooljazz1966
Great feature...may want to caveat international members so that the wrong picture is not painted.

-Ken
bob_TCC
QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Apr 29 2007, 01:48 PM)
Great feature...may want to caveat international members so that the wrong picture is not painted.

Noted. Although that issue existed (even more) with the reporting of just Average duration (days). Future revisions are going to factor in things such as location though. wink.gif

-Bob
hernant15
Great new display Bob!
bob_TCC
By the way, here's the overall breakdown for the 5682 transactions completed by all members...

Duration (Days) Transactions Percentage
0 - 14 4397 77.3847236888%
15 - 29 991 17.4410418867%
30 - 59 234 4.11826821542%
60+ 60 1.05596620908%
Average duration (days) 12.0017599437

I'd recommend that each and every member take a few minutes to perform a self-evaluation by comparing your numbers with the overall numbers.

-Bob

ffman
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 29 2007, 12:16 PM)
By the way, here's the overall breakdown for the 5682 transactions completed by all members...

Duration (Days) Transactions Percentage
0 - 14 4397 77.3847236888%
15 - 29 991 17.4410418867%
30 - 59 234 4.11826821542%
60+ 60 1.05596620908%
Average duration (days) 12.0017599437

I'd recommend that each and every member take a few minutes to perform a self-evaluation by comparing your numbers with the overall numbers.

-Bob

Woohoo! I'm around .9 days under the average! laugh.gif
hernant15
I'm 6 days above average... rolleyes.gif
2000 rushing yards
I'm better than the average in percentages in everything! biggrin.gif
marcus42
I average a trade very 1.1 days...hmm i'm startin to think i spend a little too much time on here
bob_TCC
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Apr 29 2007, 10:29 PM)
I average a trade very 1.1 days...hmm i'm startin to think i spend a little too much time on here

Mark,

Your transaction history is certainly something to be proud of! Over 92.5% of your transactions are also completed in 0-14 days.

-Bob
braves4life1025
bob when am i off of my restriction?
nameant
4.06730769231 days. I'm due. tongue.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(braves4life1025 @ Apr 29 2007, 10:35 PM)
bob when am i off of my restriction?

I'll be contacting you over the next day or so about what needs to take place before that can happen.

-Bob
hernant15
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Apr 29 2007, 11:29 PM)

Don't panic. You're not the only one who thinks that!!
braves4life1025
o ok thanks a ton bob...wanna get back to trading!!!
vicsten
Very nice feature Bob. Thank you for implementing it. -Vickie
braves4life1025
bob can you pm me that stuff tonight?
marcus42
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 29 2007, 10:34 PM)
Mark,

Your transaction history is certainly something to be proud of!  Over 92.5% of your transactions are also completed in 0-14 days.

-Bob

thanks bob! i do try my best to be efficient sport.gif this is a great feature though and its better to spend time here than some of the other questionable areas the internet offers...

It can't be said enough either..thanks for makin TCC a great place bob! smile.gif
dviv17
Wow! I think Marcus has the record for trading! I wonder who the top 5 are?
dviv17
Awesome feature Bob! Most of my trades get completed in the 0-14 range and luckily I've only had two in the 30-59 range. One was to Canada though, so that is excused.
baseballguy601
awesome job bob!
gregorium
NIce feature!
gregorium
Great! I'm 15/17 0-14 days, and 2 over 15 days, with one to Russia. I have another trade to Russia, so better make it 3! smile.gif
northicehero99
Nice feature, but I think the numbers are skewed for some members. Anyone outside the US will have more trades in the middle range due to the timing of shipment. I do a lot of trading to Canada and based on that my average is higher as it takes around two weeks for mail to go or come. Just wanted to mention that as I do not want people reading those and coming to the wrong conclusion about some traders.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Apr 30 2007, 07:34 AM)
Nice feature, but I think the numbers are skewed for some members.  Anyone outside the US will have more trades in the middle range due to the timing of shipment.  I do a lot of trading to Canada and based on that my average is higher as it takes around two weeks for mail to go or come.  Just wanted to mention that as I do not want people reading those and coming to the wrong conclusion about some traders.

As mentioned to Ken earlier...

Understood. Although that issue existed (even more) with the reporting of just Average duration (days). Future revisions are going to factor in things such as location though. wink.gif

-Bob
snowblink
Nice, I particularly like the "transactions by member" section biggrin.gif
bob_TCC
Let's see who notices the change to this feature first... tongue.gif

-Bob
Kmart6nets
Are they broken into more intervals?

If not, I'm lost.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Oct 23 2007, 02:41 PM)
Are they broken into more intervals?

If not, I'm lost.

No. The same intervals are being used.

-Bob
Kmart6nets
Then I'm lost.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Oct 23 2007, 02:44 PM)
Then I'm lost.

For some reason, I'm hungry for pie... tongue.gif

-Bob
Kmart6nets
Did I miss a pie chart?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Oct 23 2007, 02:47 PM)
Did I miss a pie chart?

Take another look at your completed transactions. wink.gif

-Bob
Kmart6nets
Still nothing... You're killing my productivity at work, bob. tongue.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Oct 23 2007, 02:49 PM)
Still nothing... You're killing my productivity at work, bob.  tongue.gif

You might need to hit Ctrl-F5 to force a full refresh on that page. Also, make sure you're looking at your completed transactions and scroll down to the Transactions by Duration section.

-Bob
Kmart6nets
This is my last guess.... A more user-friendly rounding system?
jmagic87
nice new pie charts also like the fact u can hover over the chart and see what % it is
trot2millah
Haha, figured it out! Great idea!

It really shows how often you complete the trades in x amount of days, rather than 1 really long trade making your average transaction time looking bad.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Oct 23 2007, 02:53 PM)
This is my last guess.... A more user-friendly rounding system?

Actually, that did happen as well. That one is very observant of you! wink.gif

Maybe I just have pie on the mind and am seeing things...

-Bob
bob_TCC
QUOTE(jmagic87 @ Oct 23 2007, 02:54 PM)
nice new pie charts also like the fact u can hover over the chart and see what % it is

QUOTE(trot2millah @ Oct 23 2007, 02:54 PM)
It really shows how often you complete the trades in x amount of days, rather than 1 really long trade making your average transaction time looking bad.

Thanks, guys. wink.gif

-Bob
Kmart6nets
I'm going to blame the browser here at work... I'll check it out when I get home.
captkirk42
Pretty neat, thanks for the upgrade Bob.

Right now mine looks like a purple Pac-Man, woacka woacka woacka woacka whooooppp woacka beep woacka beep-beep woacka woacka whooooppp
Kmart6nets
Oooh pretty... I like it.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Oct 23 2007, 05:17 PM)
Oooh pretty... I like it.

Did you rush home just to see the TCC pie charts? tongue.gif

-Bob
Kmart6nets
You know it. I must've averaged about 85 on the way home. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.