Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: New feature: Set Building and Vintage forums
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
bob_TCC
I'm pleased to announce that we have added Set Building sub-forums for Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey and Racing to better support those collectors looking to build complete sets.

To view and begin posting in these new forums, please visit:

Baseball Set Building
Basketball Set Building
Football Set Building
Hockey Set Building
Racing Set Building

In addition, we have added a Vintage forum along with Vintage Trading and Vintage Marketplace sub-forums for those collectors focusing on vintage trading cards. Based on a review of other trading card sites including NAXCOM, various forums as well as dealers focused on vintage trading cards, we have chosen to define pre-1980 as the "definition" of vintage trading cards.

To view and begin posting in these new forums, please visit:

Vintage
Vintage Trading
Vintage Marketplace

We are excited about these changes to better support collectors looking to build complete sets or focusing on vintage trading cards. In addition, we want to thank our members for providing valuable feedback about ways to continually improve TCC.

Enjoy the new forums! biggrin.gif

-Bob
Oldskool70
Sounds great !!!!! Looking forward to it being my 'Most viewed' forum. I'm not worthy of breaking it in with a topic though.....
dviv17
Cool features Bob! I just posted my vintage cards for trade in the new forum! smile.gif

By the way, are the anniversary contests still going?
ffman
Wow! What a way to expand TCC!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(dviv17 @ Apr 25 2007, 01:59 PM)
By the way, are the anniversary contests still going?

Yes, they'll be resurfacing today.

-Bob
jaderock
Hopefully that'll give these collectors more exposure and help in finding what they need!
snowblink
Questions on these forums - are they only for the purpose of posting set wants?

Or can I post cards I have from a particular set?

In either case - my recommendation is to make them a one set per thread type of setup. (i.e. thread title in a standard format "Wanted: 1995-96 Upper Deck base cards" or "Trade: 2006-07 OPC inserts"

The beauty of this kind of setup is that the forum can be auto-sorted by thread title for easy finding of the specific set in question.

Just an idea on rolling these out for maximum benefit.. smile.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(snowblink @ Apr 25 2007, 03:23 PM)
Questions on these forums - are they only for the purpose of posting set wants?

Or can I post cards I have from a particular set?

Members can post topics for both cards they need to complete sets or cards that they have that could help other collectors complete sets.

QUOTE(snowblink @ Apr 25 2007, 03:23 PM)
In either case - my recommendation is to make them a one set per thread type of setup. (i.e. thread title in a standard format "Wanted: 1995-96 Upper Deck base cards" or "Trade: 2006-07 OPC inserts"

The beauty of this kind of setup is that the forum can be auto-sorted by thread title for easy finding of the specific set in question.

I think you'll find that the Trading Guidelines posted at the top of the Set Building sub-forums recommend title naming along the lines of your suggestion. However, we're not going to force members to use any specific type of title.

-Bob
2000 rushing yards
I don't really approve of this. Like other people have said in the suggestion box, that really isn't neceesary to have a vintage and set building forums. I believe the opposite should happe, with consoladating the tennis and golf into the other forums.

I'll guess i'll go along with it though, i would just like an answer on the consolading forums thing smile.gif
snowblink
QUOTE(2000 rushing yards @ Apr 25 2007, 01:48 PM)
I don't really approve of this. Like other people have said in the suggestion box, that really isn't neceesary to have a vintage and set building forums.

I concur, since there appears to be no real benefit to them without a thread location structure in place like I suggested...if you have to search them in the same ways as the standard forum and guess, I don't see the advantage.

May as well just suggest that the thread title be Set Building:, like the Trade: and Want: in the standard forums...sorry, but these do nothing for me in this type of implementation blink.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(2000 rushing yards @ Apr 25 2007, 03:48 PM)
I believe the opposite should happe, with consoladating the tennis and golf into the other forums.

I guess you'll be happy with one of the next round of changes then. wink.gif

-Bob
bob_TCC
QUOTE(snowblink @ Apr 25 2007, 04:09 PM)
I concur, since there appears to be no real benefit to them without a thread location structure in place like I suggested...if you have to search them in the same ways as the standard forum and guess, I don't see the advantage.

Please point me to the information about a "thread location structure".

QUOTE(snowblink @ Apr 25 2007, 04:09 PM)
May as well just suggest that the thread title be Set Building:, like the Trade: and Want: in the standard forums...sorry, but these do nothing for me in this type of implementation blink.gif

Our members who like to build complete sets and/or focus on vintage trading cards have provided consistent feedback that they would prefer to not "dig" through lots of topics about single cards or modern cards in order to find topics more relevant to their interests. By creating these areas, they can go directly to those forums and then either read or search within that more-focused area - making their time here more productive.

-Bob
colts21
Awesome our suggestions worked! biggrin.gif
gregorium
QUOTE(Oldskool70 @ Apr 25 2007, 01:53 PM)
Sounds great !!!!!    Looking forward to it being my 'Most viewed' forum. I'm not worthy of breaking it in with a topic though.....

Why not? Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.
gregorium
Looking forward to go post something myself!
jflan702
Thanks for the additions Bob. I for one really appreciate it. Already posted in it too.
2000 rushing yards
Thanks for answering my question Bob smile.gif
ffman
I added a topic for set building - never thought before I'd use it! laugh.gif
hernant15
Well done, Bob! I don't think this will help me but I know that several members will do so
snowblink
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 25 2007, 02:24 PM)
Please point me to the information about a "thread location structure".

From my post above:
"make them a one set per thread type of setup. (i.e. thread title in a standard format "Wanted: 1995-96 Upper Deck base cards" or "Trade: 2006-07 OPC inserts"

The beauty of this kind of setup is that the forum can be auto-sorted by thread title for easy finding of the specific set in question."

On further thought moving the "want" or "trade" to secondary the title line would make things even better.

So the newest sets are listed first with a progression to older sets. Since the title follows a standardized format it is easy to locate any threads for a specific set in the time line. I can look at my cards in stock and quickly tell if anyone is looking for singles from that set without searching variable thread titles or jumbled messes of set wants.

All my thoughts on these type of topics go to one single ideal - ease of location of threads by members interested in the cards I have for trade. If it seems pushy, its because I feel a lot of time is wasted just trying to find specifics in this quest thus far...
1968 A's
biggrin.gif Wwwwweeellllllll it's aabbbbboooouuuuuuttttt tiiiimmee!!!!!!!!!!! wink.gif

Thank you, it will make this site much easier to use.
vitalejd
awesome idea! thanks bob!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.