Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Golf's about to take off
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Golf
KHarmon
For those of you who don't know about it by now, the TCC Team Members had a meeting last night to determine some issues about adding some content based discussions to the various forums. It has been determined that Aceecards and I will be in charge of the golf forums.

I have been following golf since 1984 when I first got interested in playing the sport and I absolutely love the game. Naturally, there will be a lot of coverage on Tiger Woods (he's won the first two tourneys he's entered in 06), but my plan is to have some feature topics on the rookie up-and-comers as well as some of the lesser known players.

There will absolutely be more to follow, as a matter of fact, I'm going to get to work on my first addition to this beginning sometime this weekend and hopefully have it up and running on here by the middle part of next week. I'm also working on one for baseball as is Aceecards.

More to come folks.....there's more to come!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
randallcards
Cool Sounds Fun Last time i went golfing i broke a club over a tree and it stuck into my neck and i almost died! biggrin.gif
tysingleton34
I have never been huge into collecting golf cards, but I am a huge collector and I have about 10 Tiger RC's.
aceecards
I have all the first Donruss sets from 1981 and 1982.. my 1982 set is signed IP by most of the players depicted except for Jack Nicklaus, and a couple of others...

I have all the little pro-set boxed sets issued in the mid nineties..

two or three complete sets of UD's first issue witht the inserts...and I have bought at least a box of almost every product since..

I really like the LPGA and think that within a couple of years the viewership and excitement of the LPGA is really going to drive the prices of those cards thru the roof..ie annika, paula, natalie, Morgan and soon Michelle Wie..

Pick those first cards of LPGA players up now while they are cheap.. of course Mrogan Pressley and Michelle Wie do not have licensed cards issued yet!!

On the PGA side Jason Gore has been a big mover recently and is a huge fan favorite..I believe his rookie was in the SP Sig series that came out about 6 months ago...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.