Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: TCC Presents: Dr. Brian H. Price of In The Game
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
aceecards
The Dr Price interview posted here!

-----
Trading Card Central is proud to welcome Dr. Brian H. Price, President of In The Game, Inc., to our forums for a live question and answer session on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007 at 8:00 PM EST.

In The Game Trading Cards has been a leader in the hockey trading card market since its inception. Its current releases, such as Heroes and Prospects and Ultimate Memorabilia, consistently sell out every year. Even though they had the NHL licensing agreement taken from them, collectors still flock to their releases because of the quality and limited production! They are also the only manufacturer who offers product direct from its shelves to collectors like the Phenoms box from this year. In the past few years, they have issued some of the most sought after "rookie" cards of Sidney Crosby and John Tavares.

In order to accomodate everyone and gain the most insight from Dr. Price's visit, we ask that you please submit any questions you might have for Dr. Price by simply posting them below.

We will then present a list of these questions for Dr. Price to respond to and share his knowledge with us regarding the production of hockey cards, the GU craze, future endeavors of ITG, his thoughts on hockey's comeback and more.

Please join us in welcoming Dr. Price to our forums and stay tuned for more details!

ITG Show and Tell Contest!
hernant15
Well, it's a great opportunity for all hockey fans to chat, or ask questions to him. Well done by TCC!
aceecards
Link to ITG website
Cades
Wow pretty cool of him to answer questions!
dd316
So we can post questions now, right?
ffman
Wow....how interesting! Welcome, Dr. Price!
aceecards
Yes ted,

Post your questions here in this thread.

they will be compiled and then forwarded to Dr. Price!
gregorium
QUOTE(dd316 @ Apr 10 2007, 03:04 PM)
So we can post questions now, right?

Yeah! Post away!

A big thanks to Ace for setting it up!
kooljazz1966
QUOTE(gregorium @ Apr 10 2007, 02:50 PM)
Yeah!  Post away!

A big thanks to Ace for setting it up!

Ditto!!! Well Done!
Bolted_Down
Welcome to TCC, Dr. Price!!
Love the ITG offerings, especially Ultimate Memorabilia!
"There is only ONE true Ultimate!"
smile.gif
Can't wait to see some of the members questions and your responses.

Soooo EXCITING!!!
biggrin.gif
atrain2004
Mr. Price,
Is ITG going to get its NHL Official Product Liscense back in the near future?

Thanks
Adam
atrain2004
2000 rushing yards
Welcome Dr. Price!!!

I have a question for you. Do you think that one day base cards will be GU and autos? If so, what will be the next level? Just numbered
GU and autos or something new thta we haven't seen yet and which sport would be most likely to do it first?
jtomahawk1
Hi Dr. Price, thanks for stopping by. And also thank you for hanging in there after the NHL and UD sort of shaffted your company.

I have a couple of questions for you, first I love the feel and look of your product, it just seems more durable or sturdy, was the cardboard chosen with this in mind, or was it sort of by accident?

#2. You have some older greats of the game, with very unique memorabilia, how difficult is it to come by, and you must be well known around the league, would this be true?

last question, although your product is very unique, it is also very expensive, will you be coming out with a lower end product , with some nice autos or memorabilia pulls, say around $50-$60 a box?

Although I love the looks and feel of your product, it doesn't seem to gain value as much as the nhl licensed UD product, so I really, really, hope your company can get back into the nhl, and give UD some real competition. I would gladly dump lots of cash on your product, if it were licensed, more so than i do now, just because the quality is much better.

I thank you for your time and insite with all of us hockey fans here at TCC.
2000 rushing yards
Ken, did somebody post something hurtful? unsure.gif
ITG Franchises Man
First of all I would like to thank him for the Friendly service and quick replacement of my damaged card I sent for replacement.

I have a Question are there any Chances of getting an AHL license and and Producing Set of AHL team like 04-05 Franchises. Card of all the Franchises and their best players?
gregorium
Here's a list of questions I have:

What was the first item that ITG cut up to include in their memorabilia cards?

What was the most daunting item to dissect emotionally?

What was the most daunting item to dissect logistically?

What other sports would you be interested in branching out to now that your options have been limited by the Upper Deck monopoly? Or are you committed to keeping a hockey-only catalog?

How do you track the memorabilia that has been cut up to ensure that the right memorabilia piece appears on the right card?

What are your thoughts on how the BAP Draft redemption was finally resolved for the collectors?

Will ITG be setting up at the Sport Card Expo in Toronto in May? If so, what plans can you share with us regarding any special promotions?

Who was your favourite player growing up?

Thanks for spending some time with us and hope that you'll come back again!
jaderock
Welcome Dr P to TCC!

My question would be:
Since tampering is affecting the hobby in a negative manner - what kind of feedback do you get from collectors in regards to this issue and what steps are ITG taking to meet the collectors concerns/expectation?
DiaperDandy
I am looking forwards to just sitting in and reading the discussion as it happens. I do not know a lot about the cards but there is not a better time to learn. Great job TCC and Steve!!! and Welcome Dr. Price!!
Tromni
Here are mine:

What prompted you to decide to encapsulate every Ultimate Memorabilia card, including the base set? Obviously, there must be high production costs involved, so I'm sure you didn't take that decision lightly.

What is your favorite card that ITG has produced over the last several years?

What one thing would you like to do better for 2007-2008?
hockeyrules555
Welcome Dr.P love your BTP, and H&P products.

Heres my question:

How many GU/patch cards do you usually get from i Jersey?

Also have you ever considered hard signed autos over sticker autos for your cards?
PsychoPig
Just 1 question from me for the Dr.

I have a burning sensation when.... errr whoops.. wrong Dr.

Does it frustrate you as much as the rest of us that some player signatures are nothing more than a squiggle or a slash across a card and does that come into your decision making process at all when you select players for autograph cards?

Thanks
Pat
EliteCollectables
Hey Brain is come here, that is great,

I have talked to him before at the toronto International Sport Card Show at the ITG Booth. I have talked to him every single year actually.. twice a year at each show.. I have been going to the Toronto show for every... even when he was with Canadian Sport Card Collector Magzine.. He is a great guy.. He knows his stuff that is for sure.. Iam looking forward to talk to him this year at the show again.. I wish I didn't have to work on Wednesday.. I would stop in..

How long will he Be On for?

Thank
Nick Molnar
Elite Collectables
Howe1850
Dr. Price,

Will we see some Valeri Kharlamov cards in upcoming ITG products? smile.gif

Thanks, Vic
gregorium
A marketing question. Have you thought about issuing "blaster"-type boxes of products like Heroes & Prospects for a mass retail audience? When I go to Wal-Mart, they have tons of blaster boxes of different Upper Deck hockey products, but no ITG stuff.
aceecards
QUOTE(Howe1850 @ Apr 19 2007, 08:45 AM)
Dr. Price,

Will we see some Valeri Kharlamov cards in upcoming ITG products? smile.gif

Thanks, Vic

Ill take this one.. kharlamov was included ITG Intl Ice..
aceecards
All questions that have been PM'd to me or asked here have been compiled, assembled, duplicates eliminated and forwarded to Dr. Price.

Thank you for your interest and thoughtfulness.

Stay tuned for May 2nd, when Dr Price will be posting his answers and we will announce the winner of our Show us your ITG Contest!
Howe1850
QUOTE(aceecards @ Apr 20 2007, 07:22 PM)
Ill take this one.. kharlamov was included ITG Intl Ice..

Eh...I said upcoming... wacko.gif
ITG Franchises Man
I got a second question, in wake of the the redemption Fiasco with UD, have you thought of adding a card of your self to the Tough Customers series?
gregorium
7 days until all your questions are answered!
gregorium
Be here tomorrow!!!
2000 rushing yards
I will smile.gif
Bolted_Down
Can't wait!
smile.gif
gregorium
It happens today!!!
ITG Franchises Man
when this all starts and where?
gregorium
We'll be running this in the Hobby Talk forum. It'll start in just a few moments.
jaderock
The Dr Price interview posted here!
gregorium
Thanks for adding the link, Peter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.