Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Birthday Activity - Dollar Box Hunting
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
BagwellFan25
It is now officially my birthday. Every year I have to stay up until 1:21 a.m. on April 6th because that is when I was born. Tradition, I guess. I'm now ** years old smile.gif

It's been a very long week so I decided I was going to take today off of work and I have no classes. My fiancee is going to be studying for an exam, which is what I should be doing, but I'm not.

So I've decided that I'm going to Higbee's on West Saginaw (the old Major League location, then Legends for a short time until they moved) to go Dollar Box Hunting. I've found some pretty solid stuff in those boxes and they've got a ton of them. Now that I've redirected my focus to Pujols and actually have some cash, I'll be able to buy more than $10 worth of cards. That should take up a few hours of my day.

I'll probably head to Legends too, just cause the guys that work there know me fairly well...they don't think I'm a complete dork...yet smile.gif

Anyhow, I'll have to post the results tomorrow night. Hopefully I'll find lots to post!!!
bufbillsstlcards
Happy Birthday and good luck!
knuckleballerMC
G'Luck with your box hunting and happy birthday!
colts21
happybday.gif and good luck!
ffman
Find a little hidden Pujols MOJO!
dviv17
What Cody said! Good luck!
2000 rushing yards
Happy Birthday nad good luck Jason!!
coltsfan23
Happy birthday Jason!!! Pujols MOJO!
gopackgo
Happy Birthday! Hope you find some good Dollar Boxes, and some Pujols mojo!
Bags5MVP
Happy birthday and good luck!
ToddAP79
you might want to try rookies in lowell to, they have some good stuff.
fc_rules
Good Luck!!! By Dollar Box you mean boxes that cost $1.00, right? If so, I'd definately buy some!!! Thanks!!!
ffman
QUOTE(fc_rules @ Apr 6 2007, 10:14 AM)
Good Luck!!! By Dollar Box you mean boxes that cost $1.00, right? If so, I'd definately buy some!!! Thanks!!!

No....all cards in the box cost $1 each.

Did you find anything, Jason?
Schinigoi
So how'd you do?
BagwellFan25
Well, the mission was cancelled due to some unexpected, frustrating circumstances...nothing serious, just frustrating...

Anyhow, didn't go "hunting", but I did go to a different card shop, bought, among other things, a pack of the Topps Moments and Milestones and pulled a Randy Johnson 1/1 Red parallel.

I also got 7 or 8 Pujols cards.

All in all, a good day, but I didn't get to go hunting.
knuckleballerMC
Nice 1/1.

I haven't been dollar box hunting since there used to be this hobby shop like 10 mins away from me, and right next from where I got my haircuts. I used to go there after I got a haircut, buy a pack or 2 and look through the dollar box for cards of players I liked. That was probably 3-4 years ago.
oldspice_007
I'd take a 1/1 from a few packs over hunting anyday.
colts21
Well, a 1/1 of a great pitcher is always good to pull
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.