Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Collecting Golf Autographs
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Golf
BaltimoreFan4Life
I was wondering if any one collects golfers autographs? I was told I should start trying to get some autographs In person and put them away. What does every one think about that? Also what all would be some thing I should get signed? I dont see a golf ball being easy to sign.
aceecards
QUOTE(BaltimoreFan4Life @ Jan 31 2006, 03:45 PM)
I was wondering if any one collects golfers autographs?  I was told I should start trying to get some autographs In person and put them away.  What does every one think about that?  Also what all would be some thing I should get signed?  I dont see a golf ball being easy to sign.

i have been collecting Golf autos for years..

started in Quincy Il with DA weibring and his annual charity tournament that featured Peter Jacobson and Payne Stewart.. yes I have all three of those guys with my picture and autos...

then when LPGA michelob open came here in 1997 I got most of the ladies there including Annika...

The PGA seniors have an event here.. but the crowds... tough to get Nicklaus or Arnie..

I have irwin and the Walrus though...

But My favorites all come from packs especially the 8 x10's UD produces...
Hallsgator
I like Mickelson but I only got a shirt card of him and no auto, would love one though
golfermatt91
I have a Phil Mickelson autograph on the following

golf ball
picture
game used glove worn by lefty

all those autographed, i love the glove
Hallsgator
That so cool. I wish I lived close enough to got to a PGA tournament. I did play the TPC of Scottsdale like 2 weeks before the FBR Open, the one Phil won, it was sweet.
KHarmon
When they used to host the Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf at Onion Creek Country Club in Austin I went down there two years in a row for the Thursday and Friday rounds and then went back for Sundays. On Thursdays I would show up at dawn and get an early ticket and go to the practice tee and wait. I got nearly 75 AUTOs on two different caps and programs. I always followed Chi Chi Rodriguez around the course....he was a riot to watch and listen too...and he's a very nice guy. He hit a friend of mine with a ball that he pulled left off the tee and it bounced off the cart path and hit Scott in the calf of the leg.....to see him go down from the knot in his calf muscle you would have thought he got shot. After the hole was finished Chi Chi came over...made some wise crack like "thanks for keeping me out of the deep stuff" signed the golf ball and gave it to him. Very cool guy.
Krusin
I have 2 & would like more

I've got a Freddie Couples & (Chuckie) Charles Howell
Hallsgator
Well I just got a Greg Norman 8x10 auto today in the mail. It is personlized and FREE!!
KHarmon
QUOTE(Hallsgator @ Feb 18 2006, 02:27 PM)
Well I just got a Greg Norman 8x10 auto today in the mail. It is personlized and FREE!!

AWESOME.....I love the Shark.....was it a through the mail request...and if it was...please PM me with the address....that's definately something I will try to get. Norman was the man back in the 80's even though he choked in some high pressure tournaments and got beat by some AMAZING shots in some others.
Hallsgator
It was through his website. There is a part where you can send Greg a question and I asked for an autographed picture. I don't know the address to the site, I found the link in another forum, but if you serch it on Google you might find the site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.