Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Flight 93 on a&e anybody else watch it
Collector Zone > Non-Sports Cards > Entertainment
dolphin_dreamer
Ive havent criedso much as an adult ever in my life..

What a movie... all I can say if you missed it check your tv guide and have a box of kleenex ready...
aceecards
Im sorry Maddie didnt watch it...I wouldnt let her..butshe waslogged in beforeme soo....
aceecards
Wow I cant believe nobody watched that movie...

This was 9/11 people...

This is the story of the plane where the passengers fought back...
Todd Beamer and Let's roll...

Check your TV guides if its on again watch it...

it covered the boarding, the flight, the calls, the military response , all of the passengers and attendants...the end...

and most of all the families..
FlyersFan27
I chose not to watch it.. I watched the show that was on right before it "The man who predicted 9/11" and watching the towers fall again was more than enough for me to see and remember what happened on that day.
cardsnstuffny
Propaganda
It was shot down and Rumsfeld let it slip out in Dec. '04.
It should have aired on the Disney Channel.
aceecards
to each his own...

But this movie does cover all aspects of the flight in its entirety including the scrambling of jets from Michigan air national guard.. unfotunatley.. they never got there in time..

and there were ground witnesses to support actual events contrary to what you may have thought Rumsfield said...there were three farmers who saw the plane roll completely over just before crashing!!

yes it is very emotional for each of us...to think back to that day... and whether the actual events are the actual truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.. You and I will never know..

But Id like to think and hope that with all of the heroes that gave their lives that morning.. and from phone calls made from that plane that they were actually heroes too...and should be remembered as such...

My gut as always been and still is..that the passengers on that plane did know what was happening...to the trade towers and the pentagon and they knew that they were about to suffer the same fate... and they did try to seize the plane..

Also a point I didnt know... Other Commercial aircrafts (united and executive) were pulled out of their respective routes to keep a visual on it!

and then theres the cessna.. bet you didnt know about him either..

I suggest you first watch it and then comment!!
cardsnstuffny
Yes, it is a heartwarming "story". What I may have heard about Rummy was READ, not heard, on CNNs Web site when they posted the transcript of an interview. Later, he said he misspoke. How do you just pull "the plane that was shot down over PA" out of the air? No pun intended. I don't misspeak and say 'when I ran over my cat' when it in fact died of natural causes. How the heck do you misspeak like that?

And then look up the impossible use of cell phones on those airplanes. Here they are over 4 years later and you still have problems trying to talk on cell phones.

Enjoy your Superbowl.
northicehero99
I Did not see the movie.

But . . . Somewhere out there is the truth, but all that matters is whether they took the plane down or it was shot down, the people on that plane gave their lives for someone else, which in my book is being a HERO.

The memory of watching the second plane fly into the towers is one that haunts my memories and sends a chill down my spine everytime I think of it. I just pray that none of us will ever have to watch it happen again, whether that involves shooting down an airplane, or the people on the plane attempting to take it over and forcing it to crash. Hopefully none of the above.
FlyersFan27
I think another attack is not the question of if, more along the lines of when. Safer as a country we may be, impenetrable I don't think we are.
aceecards
QUOTE(cardsnstuffny @ Jan 31 2006, 11:52 AM)
Yes, it is a heartwarming "story". What I may have heard about Rummy was READ, not heard, on CNNs Web site when they posted the transcript of an interview. Later, he said he misspoke. How do you just pull "the plane that was shot down over PA" out of the air? No pun intended. I don't misspeak and say 'when I ran over my cat' when it in fact died of natural causes. How the heck do you misspeak like that?

And then look up the impossible use of cell phones on those airplanes. Here they are over 4 years later and you still have problems trying to talk on cell phones.

Enjoy your Superbowl.

Heartwarming...hmmm. I dont think heartwarming was a very good cjhoice of words...Little House on the Prarie was heartwarming...This movie created a wide range of emotions within me the least be heartwarming.. In fact , just as I did on 9/11 and the days after...My first emotion was revenge and hatred!!

Again, I say...watch the movie..it was far from Heartwarming..

When you have watched it... you can then express an opinion on "the movie" ..

other wise, since you didnt view "the movie" I am taking all this as your opinions on 9/11... which is not what this thread is about!..Again this thread is about "the movie"!!!
cardsnstuffny
Heartwarming... Yeah, wrong word. "story" is totally appropriate.

Go Seattle! tongue.gif
aceecards
again.. i am not retorting to make you angry...

the thread clearly talks about a movie and i watched it.. Just like a film critic i have expressed my opinions about the movie...good, bad or indifferent...

I think you are mistaking what I have said...in relation to the movies to your and or my views about 9/11 and that is what I intended.

Sorry if you have taken offense to this...
dolphin_dreamer
QUOTE(dolphin_dreamer @ Jan 30 2006, 11:09 PM)
Ive havent criedso much as an adult ever in my life..

What a movie... all I can say if you missed it check your tv guide and have a box of kleenex ready...

Ok that wasn't me... Who logged into my account??? blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.