Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Milestone: Collector Zone passes Topps Boards
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
bob_TCC
The TCC Collector Zone reached another major milestone earlier this evening as we have now passed the Topps Message Boards in terms of total posts! To provide more context, it's important to note that the Topps Message Boards were started on 3/27/02 and the Collector Zone forums were officially launched on 4/4/05 - just over 3 years later!

Thanks to each and every one of you that have chosen to join the Collector Zone! Each of you help to make TCC an amazing site!

Thanks also to the men and women who volunteer their time to help as members of the TCC Team!

While this is certainly a major milestone, it's really just the beginning though! So, we'll take a brief moment to enjoy this milestone, but then we're going to jump right back in and continue to do what we can to make TradingCardCentral.com the leading site for trading card collectors! wink.gif

Expect even bigger and better things in 2007! cool.gif

-Bob
ffman
Woohoo for TCC! Congrats to all our great members who helped TCC reach this large milestone!
oldspice_007
toot.gif clapping.gif punk.gif jawdrop.gif thumbup.gif

Congratulations to all of TCC!

Tremendous achievement.

Big things happenging at TCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gregorium
Awesome stuff! Everyone reach around and pat yourself on the back!
aceecards
Ok I did the Woohoo dance now ..

Who's Next!!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 29 2007, 11:00 PM)
Ok I did the Woohoo dance now ..

Will that be available on YouTube.com later tonight?

-Bob
Krusin
& the beat goes on . . . . . yeah the beat goes on
crazygood
Topps has message boards?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(crazygood @ Mar 29 2007, 11:05 PM)
Topps has message boards?

Yes. Click here to view them.

-Bob
crazygood
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Mar 29 2007, 10:08 PM)
Yes.  Click here to view them.

-Bob

You realize you just took the risk of losing me to the Topps Message Boards. But I'm sure that was your plan. wink.gif laugh.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(crazygood @ Mar 29 2007, 11:19 PM)
You realize you just took the risk of losing me to the Topps Message Boards.

As always, we're open to discussing and even linking to other sites. In the end, collectors simply have to choose where they wish to spend their time. If we're doing our best here, I'm confident that many will choose TCC. wink.gif

-Bob
finestkind
Congrats Bob ! biggrin.gif
Tromni
2-4-6-8 who do we appreciate?

Topps! Topps!

My little league coach told us that was the polite thing to cheer when we beat the pants off another team
hernant15
Awesome!! To make it even better for TCC, I think they don't have any South American... laugh.gif
cardsnstuffny
Congrats. Did TCC pass the Evil Empire yet?
2000 rushing yards
THe evil empire is probaly still light years away.. laugh.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(cardsnstuffny @ Mar 30 2007, 09:17 AM)
Congrats. Did TCC pass the Evil Empire yet?

QUOTE(2000 rushing yards @ Mar 30 2007, 09:26 AM)
THe evil empire is probaly still light years away.. laugh.gif

At some point, we have to start measuring ourselves against the "big guy". So, why not now?

9/6/06

Beckett
40,248 members
487,232 posts

TCC
6,337 members
245,072 posts

3/28/07

Beckett
48,836 members (plus 8,588)
1,738,711 posts (plus 1,251,479)

TCC
10,640 members (plus 4,303)
536,117 posts (plus 291,045)

In terms of members, they are at a little under 2x our pace! In terms of posts, they are at a little over 4.25x our pace.

I'll take that at this point in the site's history. The gap may be in years still, but we certainly don't need to use light to measure that gap. cool.gif

-Bob
aceecards
I just dont see the fatal attraction of members with beckett.. They gripe and complain about no ebay.. no buying or selling.. closely cropped mods..

and then you tell them about the freedoms we have and they simply retort.. but its not Beckett..

Well its darned if you do and darned if you dont!

Someday, some how, some where!
aceecards
Plus we got KoolJazz and on occasion Dr Wax, they got.. some boring box buster guys! laugh.gif

At least Topps has got the hot blonde!
bufbillsstlcards
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Mar 29 2007, 10:46 PM)
The TCC Collector Zone reached another major milestone earlier this evening as we have now passed the Topps Message Boards in terms of total posts!  To provide more context, it's important to note that the Topps Message Boards were started on 3/27/02 and the Collector Zone forums were officially launched on 4/4/05 - just over 3 years later!

Thanks to each and every one of you that have chosen to join the Collector Zone!  Each of you help to make TCC an amazing site!

Thanks also to the men and women who volunteer their time to help as members of the TCC Team!

While this is certainly a major milestone, it's really just the beginning though!  So, we'll take a brief moment to enjoy this milestone, but then we're going to jump right back in and continue to do what we can to make TradingCardCentral.com the leading site for trading card collectors!  wink.gif

Expect even bigger and better things in 2007!  cool.gif

-Bob

Take that hot Topps case break girl who pretends to care about cards!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 30 2007, 12:30 PM)
I just dont see the fatal attraction of members with beckett..

Name recognition is always valuable and Beckett certainly has a well-known name. Couple that with the available resources and it's not surprising that they are able to have built a large and active message board.

Wheels are turning though, so let's see what things look like heading into our 3rd anniversary in 2008. biggrin.gif

-Bob
bob_TCC
QUOTE(bufbillsstlcards @ Mar 30 2007, 12:34 PM)
Take that hot Topps case break girl who pretends to care about cards!

Last night, my wife suggested that maybe she (my wife) should do the live video box break that I'm planning on filming this weekend. I'm not sure what that means completely... unsure.gif laugh.gif

-Bob
bufbillsstlcards
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Mar 30 2007, 12:39 PM)
Last night, my wife suggested that maybe she (my wife) should do the live video box break that I'm planning on filming this weekend.  I'm not sure what that means completely...  unsure.gif  laugh.gif

-Bob

Yes Bob, give those photoshoppers more ammo to work with laugh.gif
NGWH Sports Cards
TCC! TCC!
hernant15
QUOTE(bufbillsstlcards @ Mar 30 2007, 01:41 PM)
Yes Bob, give those photoshoppers more ammo to work with laugh.gif

Oh, by the way Bob, could you send an informal photo of you to the Photoshop Team? biggrin.gif
Hallsgator
QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 30 2007, 12:30 PM)
I just dont see the fatal attraction of members with beckett.. They gripe and complain about no ebay.. no buying or selling.. closely cropped mods..

and then you tell them about the freedoms we have and they simply retort.. but its not Beckett..

Well its darned if you do and darned if you dont!

Someday, some how, some where!

I really don't think Beckett is all that bad. I'm not affected by the no eBay/buying/selling. I mean you can always sale through PMs. There are lots of very knowledgeable people on there that aren't on any other site.

I don't see why people bash Beckett all the time.
kooljazz1966
QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 30 2007, 11:32 AM)
Plus we got KoolJazz and on occasion Dr Wax, they got.. some boring box buster guys!  laugh.gif

At least Topps has got the hot blonde!

On that note...I'm headed to the shop with camera and Tripod wink.gif May do a live video break in the shop with the owner if he is game today! wink.gif cool.gif

Later Gator and gang!

-Kjazzzzzz
2000 rushing yards
MOJO Ken!!
Bolted_Down
WOOHoooo!!
Congrats to TCC!!

I said give it up Topps...who else wants some???
user posted image
hernant15
QUOTE(Bolted_Down @ Mar 30 2007, 03:09 PM)
WOOHoooo!!
Congrats to TCC!!

user posted image

Watch out Shawn! There are kids here!! laugh.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Bolted_Down @ Mar 30 2007, 02:09 PM)
user posted image

Is that how things are always dealt with in hockey? tongue.gif

-Bob
aceecards
My eyes are swelling shut just watching that jack hammer of a right! laugh.gif

I am not bashing beckett.

As you said some of their members are excellent and at one time, (back in 1999-2002) the membership was superior.. Then along came the problems.. the back-biting, the infighting, the name calling, the accusations of every box break being fraudulent.. and it wasnt long before I had to find a new home cause I couldnt tolerate all that schtuff!

In fact most of the good members migrated in 2002-2003 to CP until it became overloaded with the same childishness as Beckett had..HI still has the original Beckett Hockey Club almost fully intact Quincy, alamopuck etc. that is where they all migrated to when beckett became overrun!

There are still good members at beckett and at CP and I talk frequently with the Northern boys on HI.. I could name them but if you visit there you know who they are.

Its funny how things go full cycle .. because the problem childs who ruined beckett (at least for me) now have matured and complain about the same things I did 5 years ago! But a leopard doesnt change its spots that easily they are still first to jump on the pig pile once the bashing begins!

I still visit beckett to read the articles and check out the box breaks of new product im looking to bust.. but participating.. well Once bitten, twice shy!
skatalite
Bob's baby is growing up big and strong cry.gif wub.gif
Bolted_Down
laugh.gif
I like the line from Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore:
*after taking an opposing forward into the end glass heavily*
"DON'T you ever touch my puck, AGAIN!!!"
*skates away*
wink.gif
aceecards
QUOTE(skatalite @ Mar 30 2007, 01:54 PM)
Bob's baby is growing up big and strong cry.gif wub.gif

Yes he eats his spinach!!
gregorium
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Mar 30 2007, 02:32 PM)
Is that how things are always dealt with in hockey?  tongue.gif

-Bob

There's another way? ohmy.gif

Man, where have I been!! tongue.gif
stlbaseball15
awesome!
artyman60
Alright TCC !!! way to go guys
DiaperDandy
Incredible achievement....glad to be a part of it smile.gif
jwman92
WOOHOO!
snowblink
Excellent. I'm sort of amazed it even took this long to "top them" laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.