Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Trading Card Central acquires Sports Card Sheriff
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
Pages: 1, 2
bob_TCC
On 3/15/07, an agreement was finalized in which Trading Card Central acquired Sports Card Sheriff. The agreement includes the SportsCardSheriff.com domain, the software that powered the site and all data (files and databases) related to the site. At that time, the transfer of ownership also started.

Effective early this morning, the SportsCardSheriff.com domain is now owned by Trading Card Central. In addition, the domain has been updated to temporarily forward all visitors to TradingCardCentral.com. Throughout the day, many or all of you should find this to be the case if you visit SportsCardSheriff.com.

As many of you know, the SportsCardSheriff.com site has been down since 12/15/06. At that time, SportsCardSheriff.com had reached over 9000 total members and over 1,000,000 total posts. Based on those numbers, the site was obviously an important resource for collectors.

Therefore, our plan is to fully restore SportsCardSheriff.com in the near future so that collectors have the opportunity to access all of the information (topics, posts, PMs, transaction histories, etc.) that they lost access to in mid-December.

Moving forward, we will then begin a well-defined and clearly communicated process of unifying the SportsCardSheriff.com community and TradingCardCentral.com's Collector Zone community. Feedback from the members of both communities will play a vital role in this process.

Our goal is to establish Trading Card Central as the leading resource for trading card collectors. By combining the resources and communities of 2 of the 3 largest non-corporate trading card sites, we are confident that this goal will be reached. By doing so, collectors will benefit from a more centralized resource to support their hobby and a more powerful, collective voice within the industry.

We look forward to working with and supporting the members of both communities as we begin this exciting time at Trading Card Central.

Bob Williams
President & CEO
TradingCardCentral.com
-Drifter-
Congratulations Bob! Even though I've been here for a short period of time, its one of the best online communities I've been a part of.
hernant15
Really nice Bob!! TCC will have more and more members!!
chopinalex
monopoly time!!..woohoo!!!!!!!!!
ffman
Nice 'pick-up', Bob! biggrin.gif
Hallsgator
I gotta question. If TCC banned members are on SCS, what's gonna happen to them?

Also, are you gonna have like a SCS Team?
aceecards
WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Mojo to the Max!!
hernant15
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Mar 27 2007, 02:17 PM)
monopoly time!!..woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Bob bought SCS, now it's my turn: I buy Vermont! tongue.gif
bufbillsstlcards
Wow, this is so interesting, I have like 50 questions! But Ill wait to ask as Im sure they will be answered in the future.

I think this Shows that Bob really does care about trading cards and the people who trade them.

Kudos Bob robot.gif
oldspice_007
Well congratulations on the takeover of sportscardsheriff.com Bob and fellow members of TCC!

TCC is going to take over the world!

Well maybe not.

crazygood
I'm same with Buff i got so much i want to learn about this but for now i'll just say this:

sweet
bufbillsstlcards
Here is my first question:

Eventually, if you go to sportscardsheriff.com, will it re-route you to TCC?
ffman
QUOTE(bufbillsstlcards @ Mar 27 2007, 11:49 AM)

It does right now.
hernant15
QUOTE(bufbillsstlcards @ Mar 27 2007, 02:49 PM)

Too many questions, young man! Now just celebrate! laugh.gif
I guess so...
bufbillsstlcards
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 27 2007, 01:50 PM)
It does right now.

Thanks Cody, Im at work, so I dont have time to be trying out other web sites tongue.gif
Krusin
The beat goes on,

yeah the beat goes on.

Congrats Bob, nice move on your part to unify the 2.
Bolted_Down
CONGRATS TCC and Congrats to you, Bob!
A great move for the growth and future of this, the GREATEST Community of Collectors on the Web!
smile.gif
bob_TCC
Please click here for an official topic where we'll have Q&A about this acquisition. Feel free to ask any questions. wink.gif

-Bob
skatalite
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Ohhhhh yeah.
Tromni
One time my brother and I merged our yard sale baseball card table with my neighbors. We dominated the block that year.

Though this may be slightly different. . .
Iplayfootball_90
That is awesome, Bob!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Hallsgator @ Mar 27 2007, 01:35 PM)
I gotta question. If TCC banned members are on SCS, what's gonna happen to them?

Also, are you gonna have like a SCS Team?

QUOTE(bufbillsstlcards @ Mar 27 2007, 01:49 PM)

I'm going to go ahead and copy these questions and will then reply to them in the Q&A topic. Please see that topic for answers.

-Bob
kooljazz1966
QUOTE(Tromni @ Mar 27 2007, 01:08 PM)
One time my brother and I merged our yard sale baseball card table with my neighbors. We dominated the block that year.

Though this may be slightly different. . .

smile.gif biggrin.gif Congrats are in order for Bob_TCC !!!!....much to do and accomplish in 2007

-Ken
meuandthelot
Interesting move,
After scs went down completely I oft wondered what I'd do If a couple of my main Hobby sites just dropped of the internet (I've since backed up alot of info smile.gif

I'm sure many will be floored & happy scs is coming back. It will be interesting to watch scs's progression once it returns, then the unification of the 2.

Onward & Upward TCC...
Best Wishes
bob_TCC
As a reminder...

Please click here for an official topic where we'll have Q&A about this acquisition. Feel free to ask any questions. wink.gif

-Bob
tex333
Nice Pick up Bob! I assume this one is PC and NFT!?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(tex333 @ Mar 27 2007, 05:06 PM)
Nice Pick up Bob! I assume this one is  PC and NFT!?

laugh.gif

That's a correct assumption.

-Bob
jer123pat123

PLEASE don't change the format on tcc much easier to move around on tks
beanschat
sweet...looking forward to my transaction count zooming up and recovering my trade lists!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(jer123pat123 @ Mar 27 2007, 05:17 PM)
PLEASE don't change the format on tcc much easier to move around on tks

The TCC layout and approach will remain the same.

-Bob
bob_TCC
QUOTE(beanschat @ Mar 27 2007, 05:21 PM)
sweet...looking forward to my transaction count zooming up and recovering my trade lists!

Yes. We understand that many of you have data on SCS that you were really hoping to recover.

-Bob
2000 rushing yards
Bob, was this a steal, mail or a pull laugh.gif
BaltimoreFan4Life
Nice job Bob and good luck!! Guess I need to find my username and password for Sports Card Sheriff..lol...
Jobu
Wow!!! Great pickup Bob!!! As a member of SCS I was frustrated with the instability of the site. The one good thing I can say about SCS though is that if it hadn't gone down I would never have found the best trading site on the planent!!!!!!!

TCC Rocks!!!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Jobu @ Mar 27 2007, 06:40 PM)
The one good thing I can say about SCS though is that if it hadn't gone down I would never have found the best trading site on the planent!!!!!!!

We're glad that you found us as well! wink.gif

-Bob
snowblink
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Mar 27 2007, 03:26 PM)
Yes.  We understand that many of you have data on SCS that you were really hoping to recover. 
-Bob

Very much so, this is great news. I've been waiting for this news ever since that little teaser note you made about "a big announcement" biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
tootalltoma
I said before tongue.gif and I,m saying again there a NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN... cool.gif
ITS TCC...
CONGART AND THANKS biggrin.gif
TooTallToma
bob_TCC
QUOTE(tootalltoma @ Mar 27 2007, 09:27 PM)
I said before  tongue.gif  and I,m saying again there a NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN... cool.gif
ITS  TCC...

I tried really, really hard and managed to resist using that line. tongue.gif

-Bob
gregorium
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Mar 27 2007, 01:38 PM)

All the maple syrup you can eat!! YUM! laugh.gif
gregorium
Congrats to you Bob! Well done! It's also great to see how many members here are so passionate about this site, too.
19th Century Indiana Jones
Now you people see what I saw when I came here for the first time - a site owner with a totally professional attitude. He envisioned of a centralized/unified hobby community at a time when TCC was in the early stages of growing. We are all witnessing the first steps of the realization of that vision.
bob_TCC
Rumors are that The Doc plans to discuss Trading Card Central's acquisition of Sports Card Sheriff as part of this week's hobby news. Click here for a discussion topic related to tonight's The Doctor Wax Battle Show which is live from 7-10 PM EST.

-Bob
artyman60
Thats great news, I cant wait to start trading with all the new members !!! Congrats Bob !!!
vitalejd
TCC = super collector site now
Jplan72
I'm watching Doc's show now. Doc went over the article above and noted that SCS was a central place for the hobby and TCC has acquired it. Didn't catch the beginning of the show so don't know if he mentioned it before.
hernant15
QUOTE(Jplan72 @ Mar 28 2007, 10:28 PM)
I'm watching Doc's show now. Doc went over the article above and noted that SCS was a central place for the hobby and TCC has acquired it. Didn't catch the beginning of the show so don't know if he mentioned it before.

I don't think so... I started watching it early and I think he said nothing before
bruinsneedagoalie
I'd had some good experiences there before it went down.

This is a good thing.
ITG Franchises Man
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Mar 27 2007, 12:38 PM)

Ok Then I buy Norway. tongue.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Jplan72 @ Mar 28 2007, 09:28 PM)

Another member indicated that there was a brief "teaser" comment near the beginning of the show and then he covered it in more detail during the part that you saw.

By the way, this news was also part of today's issue of Trade Fax. I'll have the text of that mention later today.

-Bob
bob_TCC
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Mar 29 2007, 02:06 PM)
By the way, this news was also part of today's issue of Trade Fax.  I'll have the text of that mention later today.

Here's the text in today's issue of Trade Fax:

Trading Card Central has acquired SportsCardSheriff.com. The site will temporarily forward all visitors to TradingCardCentral.com. According to TradingCardCentral.com President & CEO Bob Williams, the plan is to fully restore SportsCardSheriff.com in the near future so that collectors may access the information they lost access to in mid-December when the site went down. He said the company will then begin the process of unifying the SportsCardSheriff.com and TradingCardCentral.com's Collector Zone communities.

-Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.