Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: TCC's Member of the Month - January 2007
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
jaderock
TCC member of the Month - January 2007: ffman

Name: Cody Miles

Cody's Profile

Cody, better known as ffman, has been a valuable member of Trading Card Central since his joining in February 2006. Since then, he has accumulated over 10,000 posts, an average of 31 post a day. Cody is always upbeat and helpful on the site, and, while not known as a major box breaker, he picks up retail packs and boxes whenever possible. But Cody's patience paid off as he pulled a 2006 Topps Update and Highlights Authentic Autograph Home Run History #600 Barry Bonds #5/5, which solidified his place as TCC’s Collector of the Month.

As a person, Cody has gone through some rough times as a young adult, having been diagnosed with a brain tumor the size of a baseball in May 2005. The tumor was successfully removed in July of that year but left him homebound for a while. Cody found comfort in sport cards and TCC, which made his recovery a lot easier. Currently, Cody is in his first year of college and would like to become a teacher someday.

As a collector, Cody began when he was seven. He is a lifelong baseball fan. In 1998, Sammy Sosa became his player of choice because of the home run race that he was in. Some of the highlights from his earlier collecting days are: 1997 Fleer David Arias (Ortiz) RC BV$70 and 1994 Ultra Hitting Machine Insert set.

Cody mainly collects two players: Sammy Sosa and David Wright. His favorite card he owns is a 2005 Fleer Authentix Sammy Sosa jersey that features the Majestic logo patch. One of Cody's goals for 2007 is to find an affordable Sosa autograph.

Along with the title, Cody will receive:

2006 Upper Deck Special FX Baseball Cards Hobby Box! Courtesy of Bob_TCC

user posted image

16 packs with 4 cards per pack. Look for 2 memorabilia cards and 3 signatures per box!!!

and some other goodies!
StroBro
way to go CODY!! jump.gif 2007 is just starting off to be your year! toot.gif cant wait to hear what you got out of that box...when i was first learning about the video box breaks i found the ones from the doc on youtube and i watched the one box break from fast eddie when he opened one of these boxes. they are some awesome looking cards! can't wait to see what you get! Nice Job! gathering.gif
msuwendy
Congratulations Cody! Well deserved indeed!!! All the best in your search for that elusive Sosa auto! smile.gif
Cratty
WOW!!! Amazing. I was looking up the card to see how much. If i am looking right that is 1 in 42,000 packs. That cards is big. Cant wait to see how much it lists for. If you want, I can take if off your hands lol.
2000 rushing yards
Congrats again Cody!!
colts21
Congrats Cody, you deserve being member of the month. zorro.gif
hernant15
Well done Cody!! Couple of nice hits in the box you received! biggrin.gif
veritas
congrats Cody, you deserve it!! clapping.gif
Cades
Congrats, Cody!!
dd316
Congrats Cody, well deserved! biggrin.gif
ffman
Thanks everyone, and thanks again to TCC for selecting me as Member of the Month!

I've already found that elusive Sosa autograph; earlier this year, TCC member RGBII helped me in my search, generously selling me one with a BV of $100 for just $20!
oldspice_007
Congrats to Cody!

Well deserved.

We are all glad you overcame your brain tumor which is an amazing feat!
ffman
QUOTE(oldspice_007 @ Mar 27 2007, 11:49 AM)
Congrats to Cody!

Well deserved. 

We are all glad you overcame your brain tumor which is an amazing feat!

Thank you! All thanks to God and prayers. According to my neurologist/surgeon, it's rare for a 19-year old to have a large brain tumor like I had. I just thank God it was benign and that surgery went well.
hernant15
I think this award (although you were named a month ago) is a gift to you for all that you have suffered. Now it's time to celebrate
ffman
QUOTE(StroBro @ Mar 27 2007, 03:33 AM)
way to go CODY!!  jump.gif  2007 is just starting off to be your year! toot.gif cant wait to hear what you got out of that box...when i was first learning about the video box breaks i found the ones from the doc on youtube and i watched the one box break from fast eddie when he opened one of these boxes.  they are some awesome looking cards! can't wait to see what you get! Nice Job! gathering.gif

My box break is posted in the box breaks section - I broke it last Friday night.

Three autographs:

Freddie Bynum
Matt Capps
Macay McBride (which is going to Hallsgator)

Two GU:
Travis Hafner
Ryan Howard (PC).
StroBro
hey yea! that sounds about right. good job!
vicsten
Cody, you are a shining example of what makes this site all that it is. Keep up the good work! On a personal note, I must say how much I admire your courage and your strength. For a man of such a young age, you really are incredible. The sky's the limit for you Cody! God Bless You! -Vickie
coltsfan23
Once again, congrats on the accomplishment, Cody!!!
kooljazz1966
Well deserved my friend!!!

-Ken
dviv17
Woohoo! toot.gif toot.gif toot.gif toot.gif toot.gif toot.gif
ffman
QUOTE(vicsten @ Mar 27 2007, 08:41 PM)
Cody, you are a shining example of what makes this site all that it is. Keep up the good work! On a personal note, I must say how much I admire your courage and your strength. For a man of such a young age, you really are incredible. The sky's the limit for you Cody! God Bless You! -Vickie

Thank you, Vickie! That meant alot to me. God bless you too, as well as everyone else here at TCC!
gregorium
Congrats Cody! biggrin.gif
artyman60
HIP HIP HOORAY for Cody, well deserved !!!!! Congrats !!
skatalite
Ohhhhhhh yeah! Codmeister! So happy for ya wink.gif
ffman
QUOTE(skatalite @ Mar 30 2007, 06:03 PM)
Ohhhhhhh yeah! Codmeister! So happy for ya wink.gif

Thank ya, Rich!
Tarasadie17
Well deserved! Congrats Cody, I hope you enjoy the box! smile.gif
ffman
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Mar 30 2007, 06:21 PM)
Well deserved! Congrats Cody, I hope you  enjoy the box!  smile.gif

I've already enjoyed it. laugh.gif I posted the break last Friday - pulled a nice Howard GU for my collection!
hernant15
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Mar 30 2007, 09:21 PM)
Well deserved! Congrats Cody, I hope you  enjoy the box!  smile.gif

huh.gif He busted it live! biggrin.gif
Azfredbird
congrats cody, thanks for making this a great site to visit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.