Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: TCC's Member of the Month - February 2007
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
jaderock
TCC member of the Month - February 2007: Hernant15

Hernant15's Profile

Hernant15 is a relatively new member to the site (joined January 14, 2007) but has been extremely active even though he is still a novice card collector. He is 18 years old and currently is an economics student at the University of Buenos Aires in Argentina. While living in Puerto Rico from 2000 to 2001, Hernan became interested in American sports, particularly the NBA and NFL. His favorite player at the time was Michael Jordan.

However, when he returned back home to Argentina, Hernan found cards were scarce and hard to come by. The first cards of his collection came from a couple of packs of 2005-06 Upper Deck Basketball, a gift from a visiting friend of his dad's. The best card was a Beno Udrih game-used from the packs. He looked for a trading site via google and BINGO TCC and Hernant15 met! He quickly jumped into the fray of TCC, enjoying threads and events such as Trade-a-Thon, chat nights and the Dedicated or Delirious contest.

Initially, Hernan wanted to collect cards of Argentinian players (Manu Ginobili and Andres Nocioni), but changed his mind because, oddly enough, a song on the video game "Madden '07" got him interested in the New Orleans Saints. When Hernan heard U2 (Hernan's favorite band) and Green Day's collaborative rendition of "The Saints are Coming," he became interested in the team and running back tandem of Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush!

Hernan's has already made several trades on the site and many members have sent Hernant15 many cool items as well! Guess what it gets better! As TCC's Member of the Month, here is SOME of the stuff coming your way!!!

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 Fleer Genuine Big Time Auto Patch Deuce McAllister (#/25)!! Courtesy of kooljazz1966
user posted image

2006/07 Topps Full Court Basketball Cards Hobby Box Courtesy of Bob_TCC
user posted image

18 packs 5 cards per pack

1 Co-Signers Autograph per box, 2 Relic cards and 4 Chrome Rookie cards-- each pack will have an insert, parallel, Rookie, Relic or Dual Auto.

and more stuff!

January 2007 Member of the Month
StroBro
wowww shocking.gif Hernan man! im so happy for you! thumbsup.gif you deserve everything you are going to get! all of your participation has paid off! clapping.gif thanks tcc team for showing your appreciation and making one of your first dedications since i've been a part of the site to one of the most well deserving members! jockey.gif
2000 rushing yards
Wow Hernan, Congrats!! and thanks to bob for the Boxes
colts21
Congrats Hernan, you deserve to be member of the month.
hernant15
Wow... I just don't know what to say...(it doesn't happen often) biggrin.gif

First of all thanks for all the great members I found here, I was going to name a few but it would have been very unfair towards others! So the ones who I speak frequently know who they are! biggrin.gif
Then thanks Bob for creating this great site where we can have a great time and, for non-US members, it's the only way to keep in contact with the hobby of collecting. Also thanks to the Team who works everyday to help improve the site and make it better for us.
Also thanks Peter for editing my text, I know that was a difficult task! laugh.gif
Well to finish I want to really thank Ken and Bob for those huge prizes! I don't really deserve them biggrin.gif We should be giving away stuff to both of you! I really appreciate it again.
Cades
Congrats, Hernan!!
tex333
Congrats Hernan!!! toot.gif clapping.gif toot.gif
ffman
Woohoo for Hernan! Well deserved! What a nice Deuce patch/autograph, plus a nice hobby box!
dd316
Congrats Hernan! You are a great member!!!
dviv17
Congrats Hernan! Nice rewards too!
-Drifter-
Congrats Hernan!!
chopinalex
Wow Congrats hernan!! You hit the TCC jackpot!!!
hernant15
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Mar 27 2007, 02:11 PM)
Wow Congrats hernan!! You hit the TCC jackpot!!!

I would say that I hit the jackpot when getting to know TCC! biggrin.gif
Thanks to everyone for their congrats!
chopinalex
maybe someone will send you peeps so you can taste them..
hernant15
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Mar 27 2007, 02:20 PM)
maybe someone will send you peeps so you can taste them..

You're talking about that cat in your sig? I think he/she ate them all!! laugh.gif
chopinalex
smile.gif
oldspice_007
Congrats to Hernan, you really threw yourself into the mix here.
hernant15
QUOTE(oldspice_007 @ Mar 27 2007, 02:50 PM)
Congrats to Hernan, you really threw yourself into the mix here.

Thanks a lot Anton!
Bolted_Down
CONGRATS, Hernan!
Surely Well Deserved!!
smile.gif
mouthslammer
wow!!! congrats on a really nice award and reward!!!! p.s. how does a member win a award like this????
hernant15
QUOTE(mouthslammer @ Mar 27 2007, 06:34 PM)
wow!!!  congrats on a really nice award and reward!!!!  p.s.  how does a member win a award like this????

I don't know... laugh.gif
Being respectful, participating in the forums, helping other members in what you can.. I don't know, I would say just having fun in here biggrin.gif
vicsten
Way to go Hernan! I appreciate all that you do at TCC in leading the way to show others what TCC has to offer. It is a pleasure in being a part of your world here at TCC. Enjoy the rewards- you deserve them! -Vickie
coltsfan23
Wow congrats Hernan! Well deserved!!
kooljazz1966
Hernan it is our pleasure to have you as a TCC member...Congrats young man!!!

enjoy!

-Ken
gregorium
YAY HERNAN!! Congrats, buddy! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
artyman60
Congrats !!! those are some sweet prizes !!!
Iplayfootball_90
Wow congrats Hernan!!
msuwendy
CONGRATS Hernan!!! You are an awesome member and just a super person! You fully deserve the award and the cool prizes headed your way!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
hernant15
Thanks Mario, Greg, Matt, Arty, Ken (sorry if I left anyone outside of it). Thanks again, I wouldn't be as active as I've been if it wasn't for each of you so thanks again
Go18
Awsome job Hernant!! Couldnt have picked a better member/person/collector!!! You are a true asset to the site! biggrin.gif
thesobons
Congrats! Hernan!

Great Duece for your PC!

Good luck on the Box Break!

Robert
skatalite
Much love, Hernan! Can't wait to see a live break wink.gif
hernant15
I just can't wait either!!! Thanks Rich and Robert!!
champb21
good job
Tarasadie17
Congrats Hernan, always love seeing your positive posts and obviously so do many others! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.