Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: football box..
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
marcus42
Well b-day is comin up and my parents are gonna throw some cash my way and said they would buy me a box of cards too...so i decided that I will get one more box from '06 football (in hopes of pulling a bush, young, or my man AJ Hawk!). Lookin for somethin pretty nice not too high end though no more than 300/box. That may be a little high, but I would like to know what people on TCC would choose if they had their choice!

By the way, after I get this box I will be opening on TCC for my first live box break! would really appreciate any opinions!!
bufbillsstlcards
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Mar 19 2007, 11:59 PM)
Well b-day is comin up and my parents are gonna throw some cash my way and said they would buy me a box of cards too...so i decided that I will get one more box from '06 football (in hopes of pulling a bush, young, or my man AJ Hawk!). Lookin for somethin pretty nice not too high end though no more than 300/box. That may be a little high, but I would like to know what people on TCC would choose if they had their choice!
By the way, after I get this box I will be opening on TCC for my first live box break! would really appreciate any opinions!!

If you have a 300 dollar limit, do Triple Threads, and a cheaper box, such as Bowman Chrome.
Scott792
yeah i would suggest the same thing,chrome always hes good pulls even if the auto isnt great biggrin.gif
Scott792
i laos mailed your cards today biggrin.gif
marcus42
haha thanks! i'm goin to the post office tomorrow and they'll be out early in the day!

any thoughts on ultimate collection? really tempted on that, also like bowman chrome alot!
bufbillsstlcards
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Mar 20 2007, 12:25 AM)
haha thanks! i'm goin to the post office tomorrow and they'll be out early in the day!

any thoughts on ultimate collection? really tempted on that, also like bowman chrome alot!

Ultimate Collection has a tendancy to have alot of Aaron Brook one color jersey cards. Id pass.
tex333
QUOTE(bufbillsstlcards @ Mar 19 2007, 11:27 PM)
Ultimate Collection has a tendancy to have alot of Aaron Brook one color jersey cards.  Id pass.

Was that a flashback?
chopinalex
bowman chrome!!!!!!!...always fun to break..plus i love boxtoppers!!
mavisbike
if you dont want bowman chrome Leaf Certified is nice.

Topps Finest is selling for alot also
Pejarox7620
Leaf Certified Materials! Bowman chrome is good too...Also Turkey Red and Absolute Mem.
Iplayfootball_90
I would go with Turkey Red, LCM, or Bowman Chrome.
northicehero99
If I had the money:

1. Donruss Threads
2. Gridiron Gear
3. Topps Chrome
4. Bowman Chrome
5. Topps or Bowman Jumbo box (cheap but you get all the RCs)
marcus42
Thanks for all the input!
i think i'll get something that i didnt have a chance to break but really wanted to this year:
1- Topps finest (love auto's and shortprints!)
2- Fleer Hot Prospects
3- Donruss Threads
4-LCM (broke almost too much of this but really like it!)
so i'll probably get one of these listed! can't wait to pick it and break it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.