Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: How do you track NPN requests?
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
bob_TCC
For those of you that take part in the NPN programs, I'm wanting to learn more about what system you use to track all of your requests. Do you track them? If so, how?

-Bob
hayden610
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Mar 14 2007, 03:48 PM)
For those of you that take part in the NPN programs, I'm wanting to learn more about what system you use to track all of your requests.  Do you track them?  If so, how?

-Bob

Bob I usually just write down on a piece of paper what I sent and when I sent it and the date that they are to be drawn. I also put the empty card pack in the envelope with the piece of paper

Mike cool.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(hayden610 @ Mar 14 2007, 04:55 PM)
Bob I usually just write down on a piece of paper what I sent and when I sent it and the date that they are to be drawn. I also put the empty card pack in the envelope with the piece of paper

So, for each entry that you send, you have an envelope that contains the wrapper and then a piece of paper with 2 dates and the number of requests that you sent?

-Bob
dd316
QUOTE(hayden610 @ Mar 14 2007, 04:55 PM)
Bob I usually just write down on a piece of paper what I sent and when I sent it.

That's all I do. Then when I do receive the NPN I cross it off the list.
2000 rushing yards
I usually do all the new ones for that week so i just wait and don't do anything.
pavi39
I put mine on excel.

Which ones I've sent out and what dates they were sent out. When I first started I was keeping track of dates recieved, but have kinda fallen of the wagon in respect to what I've received and haven't.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(pavi39 @ Mar 14 2007, 06:09 PM)
I put mine on excel. 

Any chance of attaching an empty version of your Excel spreadsheet to this topic?

-Bob
BaltimoreFan4Life
I have cut back on the sendings, due to trying to save money. When I do send them out. I use a piece of paper, with the product description, date I sent out, and the date they are drawing.

-- Good Luck with your NPN's --
northicehero99
I used to track them on an index cards that I kept with my my blanks for doing NPNs but then it got to the point where I was not updating it when stuff came in and less stuff was coming in, so I stopped bothering. I just try to do at least one of each new one issued and if I get something fine, if not too bad, better luck next time.

It seems I am still having the same results either way, very little from UD, more from DLP and the most from Topps.
vicsten
I don't keep track at all of what I've sent out. I just see how many extra stamps I have, fill a few out and send them off. Just started doing them. (I guess I've sent off about twenty in the last month or so.) No luck yet! -Vickie

hayden610
no I keep everything on one piece of paper and all of the wrappers in one envelope
pavi39
Here is the format I use for excel. It's pretty simple, but I can then sort it by date sent or sport for that matter.
Luke2411
I've never thought of keeping track. I guess it would probably benefit others to have some sort of database of successes. But, frankly, I just send them out and hope I get something. I typically only do one per product, because if you spend a bunch on stamps it sort of defeats the purpose of getting a cheap card.

I have gotten things from Topps that I did not send in for. For instance, I got a tootsie roll magnet from some non-sports card set, that I did not send in for, but they sent it as an NPN. I don't know what they substituted it for. It was very weird.

Pantherfan68
Good idea I never thought about using Excel. I am going to start keeping track of my NPN's that way. smile.gif
gopackgo
I write all of my NPN requests in a Microsoft Word document with the brand that I send to and the date it was sent.. I then check back to the document when I receive them, and see how long of a turnaround it was.
bupps
I keep track on a word document that I just update/eliminate when the card comes in. Here's a tip. When sending to Donruss/Leaf or Topps write the date you sent and what set and wait for a reply. When you do a NPN with UD take the stamp/card and envelope and throw it out in the middle of the street. You will get the same response as if you mailed it.
keithmcm
I don't send out many, no more than 1 per card type. I have a very simple system. I mail off the request, then I totally forget about it. that way if i get anything at all, it's like Christmas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.