Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: NPN question
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
Mitcher
New to this whole deal and i read the sticky post explaining. My question is if i go to this site
http://www.npnsportscards.com/#UpperDeckHockey
there are tons of NPN's for Upper Deck hockey, this is what i collect so probably the only ones i will do.
But they all go to the same address if say i sent all of these in at one time will i get DQ'd or do i have to send in the same one more than 1 time per day to get DQ'd or should i just stick with one of them and do it once per day?

Also would you guys suggest doing other sports, do people usually do cross sport trading, say i had an autoed baseball could i get an autoed hockey in exchange?
thanks
Mitch
dd316
UD is one per product per day.
2000 rushing yards
you'd have to send each index card in a sepearte envlope wink.gif
Mitcher
but i could send them to each of the different addresses in different envelopes and wouldnt be dq'd. Or is it better to just keep sending to 1 address. The address is all the same but the headline is different for each one. I guess it depends on how many stamps you wanna send out.
Mitch
2000 rushing yards
Do the first thing you wrote in the last post.
Luke2411
It's one per PRODUCT per day, not one per company per day. So, you can send ONE to each Upper Deck Hockey product per day without having a problem. But make sure you send each in a separate envelope, even if the addresses are the same.

So, for instance, I'm a baseball fan, so I could send one to SPX Baseball, one to UD Baseball, one to Exquisite Baseball, one to Ultimate Collection Baseball and one to UD Trilogy Baseball, all in the same day, with no problem. It's only when I send two to SPX Baseball in the same day, that I get DQ'ed. Hope that makes sense.
northicehero99
I mainly do hockey and football but I do send on the other sports. You are not guaranteed to get anything so as long as you do not mind spending $0.39 at an attempt I would say go for it. I try to limit how many I send though as the return has been diminishing for me, so why throw away $0.39. I do not think I have gotten any this year for hockey so far, so that is not good, and last year I only remember getting a few from UD.
Luke2411
It's going to be tough with Hockey, because UD is the only company that makes hockey, and UD is the consensus worst about sending out NPNs. I can atest to that, in so much as I've gotten several from Topps, and few from Donruss and only one from UD (although it was an auto).
Mitcher
Ok cool deal, well sense UD isnt too great at giving out NPN's would it be an option for me to send to other companies for other sports IE Baseball/Basketball/football and find people willing to trade hockey for any of these sports, or is this a rare thing to find?
thanks
Mitch
PS Thanks for all the help guys.
Luke2411
You're more than welcome to send to other companies for other sports, and whatever you get, I'm sure you could trade it for hockey. But, just keep in mind, you're not guaranteed to get anything, and typically, the cards you do get aren't super. You might get a game-used now and then, you might get an auto, but mostly you'll get numbered or unnumbered inserts, and let me stress, if you get anything. So, good luck.
Mitcher
Ok thanks alot for the info guys. That's good stuff for a newbie. Hope to trade with you guys in the future.
Mitch
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.