Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Milestone: 10,000 Members!
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
Pages: 1, 2
bob_TCC
The TCC Collector Zone reached another major milestone today as we have now reached 10,000 members!

Thanks to each and every one of you that have chosen to join the Collector Zone! Each of you help to make TCC an amazing site!

While this is certainly a major milestone, it's really just the beginning though! So, we'll take a brief moment to enjoy this milestone, but then we're going to jump right back in and continue to do what we can to make TradingCardCentral.com the leading site for trading card collectors! wink.gif

Expect big things in 2007! cool.gif

-Bob
BagwellFan25
There is thanks that must go out to a lot of people who make this thing work, but Thanks to you, Bob, cause you're the one that is in charge of this great site.

Thanks!

Here's to another 10,000.
crazygood
I'm proud to be one of those 10,000! Hooray TCC!

I must admit though Bob I thought you were in here working on that big announcement that Hernan keeps telling me about laugh.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(crazygood @ Feb 23 2007, 12:49 AM)
I must admit though Bob I thought you were in here working on that big announcement that Hernan keeps telling me about laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

-Bob
wwediva_1981
Congrats!
SinatraKing
Woo HOO!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
jaderock
Great news and the site has literally pick up over 8,000+ members in ONE YEAR ... what an accomplishment!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

DiaperDandy
Woo Hoo!!! Great job!! Keep that momentum up and we will see 15,000 before you know it....
aceecards
wow.. whod uv thunk it.. laugh.gif
NGWH Sports Cards
Congrats! Who was it?
skatalite
!! Wowzas !!
acampione
Wow!!

And Berman says WHOOOOOOOOP! laugh.gif
ffman
Woohoo!

Glad to be a part of it!
2000 rushing yards
yyeeaahhh!!!! 10,000! toot.gif clapping.gif
hernant15
Congrats to Bob and all TCC members who made it possible
THENRYFAN
It seems only yesterday I was signing up on here; and when I signed up I thought 'This is probably just a forum where people reply to topics every 2-3 days or so'... But when I signed up, I saw over 9,000 Members were active, and i was like blink.gif .... lol

And now that TCC has reached a devoted mileston of 10,000... I am sure other members will have a much different impression, but i assure you, all newcomers will still be ... blink.gif ...lol..

But its an honor to be a part of such a trading forum that looks out for its own members...

CONGRATS on 10,000 Member Milestone TCC! rockon.gif newyear.gif
dviv17
Yay! Let's get another 10,000!
ffman
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Feb 23 2007, 09:54 AM)
Congrats to Bob and all TCC members who made it possible

Yep! Congrats to everyone, especially Bob!
THENRYFAN
Bob is like the mother teresa... cool.gif ... always looking out for the 'ole shop; and always paying attention to the 'ole fellas... stragglers and professionals... biggrin.gif

I name BOB NOBEL PRIZE WINNER OF 2007! ph34r.gif toot.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(NGWH Sports Cards @ Feb 23 2007, 08:55 AM)
Who was it?

The 10,000th member was:

Ouellet7

-Bob
bob_TCC
Thanks for the positive comments, but I'll simply say again...

Thanks to each and every one of you that have chosen to join the Collector Zone! Each of you help to make TCC an amazing site!

Thanks also to the men and women who volunteer their time to help as members of the TCC Team!

-Bob
acampione
There is a female on the team?

10,000. Holy moly...
hernant15
Congrats to you, Bob! It must be amazing to feel that you created such a website. You have seen it grow slowly at the beginning and now in a great rhythm.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(acampione @ Feb 23 2007, 01:34 PM)
There is a female on the team?

Yes. 19th Century Indiana Jones is a great team member. baby.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

-bob
THENRYFAN
Yea... is there somewhere we can go to view a history of the starting of this site, bob?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(THENRYFAN @ Feb 23 2007, 01:45 PM)
Yea... is there somewhere we can go to view a history of the starting of this site, bob?

Click here for some information. It needs updated for the most recent events though.

-Bob
hernant15
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Feb 23 2007, 03:46 PM)
Click here for some information.  It needs updated for the most recent events though.

-Bob

Well, we could update that now that the site has grown a lot!
bob_TCC
Actually, if you really want to see what the site has looked like over the years, you can view this...

Internet Archive Wayback Machine for TCC

The 6/3/04 entry is the first time that you see the site looking like it does now.

-Bob
hernant15
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Feb 23 2007, 03:51 PM)
Actually, if you really want to see what the site has looked like over the years, you can view this...

Internet Archive Wayback Machine for TCC

The 6/3/04 entry is the first time that you see the site looking like it does now.

-Bob

The change performed to TCC is incredible!! ohmy.gif
THENRYFAN
wow... this site has certainly come along ways!... congrats on what youve built here Bob!!
2000 rushing yards
Bob, i was looknig @ the ones from way back in 2000. How come there weren't any forums bakc then?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(2000 rushing yards @ Feb 23 2007, 01:58 PM)
Bob, i was looknig @ the ones from way back in 2000. How come there weren't any forums bakc then?

TCC has always been about more than just forums. In fact, the other sections are something that need more focus in 2007. wink.gif

By the way, the Collector Zone forums haven't even reached a 2nd anniversary! ohmy.gif

-Bob
vicsten
Very exciting! Thank you to all those who put their time and effort into making TCC such a wonderful site. Thank you Bob for having given, and continuing to give everyone a chance to be a part of it all! Trading Card Central is the greatest!! -Vickie
hernant15
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Feb 23 2007, 04:12 PM)
TCC has always been about more than just forums.  In fact, the other sections are something that need more focus in 2007.   wink.gif

By the way, the Collector Zone forums haven't even reached a 2nd anniversary!   ohmy.gif

-Bob

Why not opening a TCC Hobby Store? rolleyes.gif
kc_royals_fan_5
What an awesome accomplishment! biggrin.gif It's great to be a part of it.
coltsfan23
Awesome accomplishment for TCC!!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Feb 24 2007, 09:08 AM)
Why not opening a TCC Hobby Store? rolleyes.gif

Are you suggesting that we become a direct seller of cards?

-Bob
hernant15
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Feb 24 2007, 05:51 PM)
Are you suggesting that we become a direct seller of cards?

-Bob

Yes, it could be a nice idea... in order to maintain the site, it must be a really hard work to do so. TCC could sell boxes through the internet and Argentina should have a place here to buy some! biggrin.gif
Think about it, Bob!
2000 rushing yards
that would be a good idea
hernant15
Any opinion Bob? biggrin.gif
THENRYFAN
that would be great!... and it could become a chain of stores also!!!!--- yall are like the tops when it comes to management.. if yall can manage a successful site like TCC--- you can manage a chain of hobby stores nationwide!
hernant15
QUOTE(THENRYFAN @ Feb 25 2007, 05:24 PM)
that would be great!... and it could become a chain of stores also!!!!--- yall are like the tops when it comes to management.. if yall can manage a successful site like TCC--- you can manage a chain of hobby stores nationwide!

Well, I didn't have that idea in mind when I mentioned that, but it could be ok.
I told this because I've recently checked the shipping price for a box from a website and the costs are tremendous.

I wanted to buy a $34 box, a 2006 Fleer Football Hobby Box (Upper Deck), and these were the shipping options for me:

DHL International-($31.95)---1-5 Days
Fedex Int Economy-($66.17)---3-10 Days
Fedex Int Priority-($81.37)---1-4 Days
USPS Global Express-($37.70)---3-5 Days
USPS Global Priority-($28.90)---4-6 Days
USPS Global Airmail-($28.20)---4-10 Days
bob_TCC
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Feb 25 2007, 03:00 PM)
Any opinion Bob? biggrin.gif

We don't have any plans to directly sell physical products that need shipped in the near future. As you can imagine, that is much different than what we currently offer.

With that said, we are looking at ways to allow others to sell through dedicated areas of the TCC site.

-Bob
hernant15
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Feb 25 2007, 07:40 PM)
We don't have any plans to directly sell physical products that need shipped in the near future.  As you can imagine, that is much different than what we currently offer.

With that said, we are looking at ways to allow others to sell through dedicated areas of the TCC site.

-Bob

Ok, I was just commenting it, as you said that TCC was more than just a forum
bob_TCC
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Feb 25 2007, 05:42 PM)
Ok, I was just commenting it, as you said that TCC was more than just a forum

Understood, but there are many, many things that can be offered that don't involve shipping physical products. Once you begin selling packs/boxes/singles, you have a whole new area that requires significant time and resources.

-Bob
hernant15
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Feb 25 2007, 07:47 PM)
Understood, but there are many, many things that can be offered that don't involve shipping physical products.  Once you begin selling packs/boxes/singles, you have a whole new area that requires significant time and resources.

-Bob

Ok, really it was an idea that came to me while checking those shipping prices I told in the other post.. but there's no problem.
baseballguy601
YAY
bob_TCC
Less than 2 months later, we've now passed 11,000 members! cool.gif

-Bob
hernant15
Great! 11,000 in 2 years is a great number! biggrin.gif
jaderock
Yoohoo thumbup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.