Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Variations of McFarlane figures
Collector Zone > Collectibles > Figures
bob_TCC
Looking through the figures price guide in the June 2005 issue of Tuff Stuff really points out the large number of variations that exist for the various McFarlane sports figures.

If you collect these figures, do you think the number of variations is way too many or do you like this aspect of the McFarlane products?

-Bob
Phigagne
if you ask me variations are the main killer of a majority of hobby items
aceecards
you know what is really sad though..

When I see the target or Kmart employees going thru the cases (packed randomly I believe) pulling all the variants out before they stock the shelves...

That is really sad..!!
Habs98
Variants pretty much killed the hobby I think, that's why I'm getting rid of all NHL Variants I own.
northicehero99
I agree with Ace, it is the same with anything collectable, from Sportscards to Hot Wheels, though. They never get to where they were intended which is collectors. They get snagged up by people out to make a buck. I think there is too much variations in a lot of things not just McFarlanes. Who needs seven SLU of Mario, etc.
EB31
I like the variations in baseball....home/away/retro jerseys...stuff like that.

I just wish they would make more figures I want/like.

I'm in the process of having a custom Pete Rose made. smile.gif
Tarasadie17
McFarlane has identified this problem and has addressed it to my satisfaction. The newer cases have only one variation per case, as opposed to a year or two ago where you could pull 2-3 chase or variants per case...
EB31
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ May 25 2006, 09:50 AM)
McFarlane has identified this problem and has addressed it to my satisfaction. The newer cases have only one variation per case, as opposed to a year or two ago where you could pull 2-3 chase or variants per case...

Glad to see McFarlane listens to their customers. smile.gif

Now if they would just make a whole lineup for the 3000 Hit Club..I would be happy smile.gif lol
Charlie
I am a player collector so I do like the variations since to me it is like cards and gives me the chance to get MORE lol I always love to have more of my favorite players even though they are not produced a lot.
lost_thought
i cant complain about variants..i mean if it werent for variants i would have had to settle for a wilt chamberlain in a phillie jersey??? yuckkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love my wilt chamberlain lakers variant mcfarlane..its probly my next favorite to my magic rookie slu *variant* lol
Habs98
All I collect are variations but I'm glad they are only 1 a case now.
2000 rushing yards
I have a Cal Ripkien Jr.
jaderock
I like the player variants...to me it doesn't matter how they pack them...they're still gonna get searched just like cards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.