Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Sportlots Chooses TCC as Exclusive Partner
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
bob_TCC
I'm very pleased to announce a new partnership with Sportlots.com! As part of this partnership, TCC will become their exclusive partner in the area of trading card information and forums.

Sportlots.com is an online marketplace that sells trading cards using both a fixed-price and auction format. Over 500 dealers have listed more than 10 million cards that can be easily searched by set, favorite player or favorite team. Plus, Sportlots rewards buyers with bonus points for every purchase that can be redeemed for free cards.

As a valued Collector Zone member, Sportlots is offering you 50 bonus points just for registering on their site! To receive these free bonus points, simply make sure to select "TradingCardCentral" in the "How did you find us?" drop-down box during the registration process.

Click here to register on Sportlots.com.

In addition to their exclusive new partnership with TCC and the free bonus points available to Collector Zone members, here are some other things going on right now:

Double Bonus Points Week!

Through the end of the week, Sportlots is having a "Double Your Bonus Points" promotion. Buyers who make payment by Jan 9th (PayPal payment by this date or via check postmarked by this date) will receive double bonus points toward free cards. This only applies to fixed-priced sales. Auction orders do not qualify for earning bonus points.

100 PSA Cards Up for Bid!

Sportlots currently has over 100 PSA graded cards up for bid. These cards were sent to PSA by Sportlots on behalf of various Sportlots sellers. Sportlots now has these PSA graded cards in hand and is auctioning them off. All of these graded cards will be shipped directly from Sportlots, so bid with confidence and save a bunch on shipping! Check out these exclusive PSA Auction items! This is a special promotion and almost all of these PSA graded cards started out at $0, so there may be some great deals out there!

Enter Feedback and Earn Bonus Points!

In order to promote entering feedback for sellers, Sportlots is now giving buyers 1 bonus point for entering feedback for orders placed. Just go to Sportlots.com and click on the "Leave Feedback" link on the bottom left hand side of the page.

New Items Available Through Bonus Program!

Sportlots just added a bunch of unopened packs to the bonus program, so there's alot of cards and unopened packs to choose from to use up your bonus points. See Bonus Points Program for more details.

As you can see, there's no better time to join Sportlots.com! Click here to join today to fill your want lists and receive free cards!
randallcards
Sounds Great!! smile.gif
Bondsaway
I missed out on the bonus free points. I just went to log in and I was already signed up!!! So make sure everyone else to register and not log in.
aceecards
sounds like fun...
meuandthelot
I'm a big proponent of "Hobby" related sites joning forces in this manner, I believe it's a win/win/win wink.gif

It will be interesting to see results from extra exposure for both sites.
jrlenox
another strength to add to the site ...

its great news and always to find good locations to pick up cards from.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(meuandthelot @ Jan 3 2006, 09:30 AM)
I'm a big proponent of "Hobby" related sites joning forces in this manner, I believe it's a win/win/win wink.gif

I agree completely and am always looking for possible partnerships. wink.gif

I have every reason to believe that both TCC and Sportlots will be happy with this new relationship.

-Bob
bob_TCC
Has anyone registered yet? Did you receive your bonus points?

-Bob
KHarmon
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jan 4 2006, 10:07 PM)
Has anyone registered yet?  Did you receive your bonus points?

-Bob

I had already registered with them so I missed out on the bonus points......it would be nice to know how many of the new wave of members that joined since the announcement came from there....wish they would make a post in the "how did you find us" forum.
shultsy24
I just signed up and it gave me my 50 bonus points, pretty cool deal.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(shultsy24 @ Jan 5 2006, 08:30 AM)
I just signed up and it gave me my 50 bonus points, pretty cool deal.

Great! The 50 points you received are enough to get some free cards or you can let them build up. wink.gif

Also, as a reminder, the double bonus points for purchases is valid through Monday the 9th.

-Bob
bob_TCC
Has anyone else registered on Sportlots.com and received your 50 free bonus points?

-Bob
bob_TCC
Just as a reminder, the double bonus points for purchases ends today!

-Bob
snowblink
Signed up, got the points smile.gif

...although they need to add some hockey to the redemption options dry.gif
ISLP55
I joined but to late to get bonus. I made a sizeable order and put down TCC as how I found them. Great site they have, got 50 points already and when I give feed back should have another 15 or so.
bob_TCC
Has anyone else registered on Sportlots.com and received your 50 free bonus points?

-Bob
Sheesh
I haven't.

I'm waiting for SportsLots to accept mass downloads of seller cards. As you know, I use the Card Collector software program for my catalogging needs and would LOVE to be able to sell cards at SportsLots IF they could accept data from my database. Reentering all these cards into their system, or any system, is a terrible burden.
cardsnstuffny
Tell me about it! 100,000 cards listed on Beckett going POOF at the stroke of midnight tonite. Took me a LONG time to put them in. I just started listing on Sportlots, and I've got over 5,000 already. Easy to put stuff in, but you can't describe anything like #3/25 or 2-color jersey, etc. That's in the regular lists, not the auctions. There you can.
EB31
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jan 31 2006, 12:42 PM)

-Bob

I have. Place looks really good. When I have some time I may list a few items there to see how it goes.
CodyJohnson117
Point is for what? Just earn point for nothing? Just wonderin.

Cody J.
Bondsaway
The more points you have you can trade them in for cards!
jrlenox
QUOTE(cardsnstuffny @ Jan 31 2006, 07:06 PM)
Tell me about it! 100,000 cards listed on Beckett going POOF at the stroke of midnight tonite. Took me a LONG time to put them in.

The export facility from OpenChecklist should be going in this weekend ..

won't be able to import right into SportsLots until all the data is cross referenced .. but its something I've been thinking about.

Would have been nice to offer the ability to convert everyone's Beckett listings .. but .. if they wan't to drive collectors away by taking away features .. fine with me wink.gif
bob_TCC
Just a reminder to register on Sportlots.com and receive your 50 free bonus points!

-Bob
CodyJohnson117
Nah, I don't really like regiester another Hobby Card forum because, to me, is just too much... I like this site the best at all time and I wouldn't leave it and sign another different Forum Site. I want to stay this and be part of the family and friends biggrin.gif

Cody J.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(CodyJohnson117 @ Feb 14 2006, 09:24 AM)
Nah, I don't really like regiester another Hobby Card forum because, to me, is just too much... I like this site the best at all time and I wouldn't leave it and sign another different Forum Site. I want to stay this and be part of the family and friends biggrin.gif

Cody,

Glad to hear that you view TCC as your one and only site for forums. However, Sportlots is actually a marketplace for buying and selling cards. They do not have forums. In fact, they have chosen TCC as their exclusive partner in the area of hobby news and forums and are sending additional collectors our way everyday. wink.gif

-Bob
bob_TCC
Just a reminder to register on Sportlots.com and receive your 50 free bonus points!

-Bob
randallcards
ok i just did now whats this 50 points stuff? unsure.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(randallcards @ Feb 24 2006, 01:00 PM)
ok i just did now whats this 50 points stuff? unsure.gif

Click here for more details. wink.gif

-Bob
randallcards
thanks my bonus says 0 sad.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(randallcards @ Feb 24 2006, 01:13 PM)
thanks my bonus says 0 sad.gif

Did you choose TCC from the drop-down when registering?

-Bob
randallcards
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Feb 24 2006, 01:17 PM)
Did you choose TCC from the drop-down when registering?

-Bob

yep wink.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(randallcards @ Feb 24 2006, 01:31 PM)
yep wink.gif

Ok. I'll check into it. Please just make sure to choose "TradingCardCentral" when you register. wink.gif

-Bob
meuandthelot
Signed up...
Chose TradingCardCentral from the "How did you hear about us" drop down.
Looks interesting, can't wait to hear about their ways to ship "Cheap & Secure" wink.gif

Thanks Guys!!
cardsnstuffny
All the dealers (including me) ship however they choose. One guy didn't even put the card in a toploader, just in between cardboard in a regular white envelope. Michael Jenkins Bowman jersey card bent in half. (micheald). He can't even spell his name right. Anyways, I'm cardsnst, in case you want SECURE packaging!. tongue.gif
randallcards
QUOTE(cardsnstuffny @ Mar 1 2006, 05:19 PM)
All the dealers (including me) ship however they choose. One guy didn't even put the card in a toploader, just in between cardboard in a regular white envelope. Michael Jenkins Bowman jersey card bent in half. (micheald). He can't even spell his name right. Anyways, I'm cardsnst, in case you want SECURE packaging!.  tongue.gif

wow a newer site like that should watch sellers like that, the way your sellers are reflect on a site wink.gif
smoker_057
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jan 5 2006, 12:07 AM)
Has anyone registered yet?  Did you receive your bonus points?

-Bob

I registered, and I got 0 bonus points and I did choose TCC from the dropdown menu...Frank
psupuz31
I also registered yesterday and did not get 50 points. :{
acampione
Look at the date this thing was posted...
smoker_057
QUOTE(acampione @ Dec 18 2006, 06:53 PM)
Look at the date this thing was posted...

I did not notice any deadline on registering for the 50 points though, so that should not matter....Frank
acampione
Usually promotions have a specific cut-off date. This thing is almost a year old...
smoker_057
QUOTE(acampione @ Dec 18 2006, 09:15 PM)
Usually promotions have a specific cut-off date. This thing is almost a year old...

Okay are you certain that you are right or are you just contributing your thoughts on the issue?....Frank
Tarasadie17
This was originally posted the day after I joined... holy cow...
smoker_057
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Dec 18 2006, 10:04 PM)
This was originally posted the day after I joined... holy cow...

I understand that but nothing anywhere indicates a cutoff date for the points so I feel that someone needs to clear this up as there seem to more than once just myself who has registered and recieved no points, and Bob has more than once asked if anyone registered and recieved their points, thanks for you input instead of just how old it is....Frank
bob_TCC
Frank,

I will check into it and give a definite answer, but I believe a deadline was added at some point after my initial announcement.

-Bob
smoker_057
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Dec 18 2006, 11:31 PM)
Frank,

I will check into it and give a definite answer, but I believe a deadline was added at some point after my initial announcement.

-Bob

Bob
Okay thanks believe me I looked and could not locate any sort of deadline and I even emailed Sportslots but the mail came back undeliverable. Its no biggie but if there were not a deadline they should honor it.........Frank
acampione
QUOTE(smoker_057 @ Dec 18 2006, 09:10 PM)
I understand that but nothing anywhere indicates a cutoff date for the points so I feel that someone needs to clear this up as there seem to more than once just myself who has registered and recieved no points, and Bob has more than once asked if anyone registered and recieved their points, thanks for you input instead of just how old it is....Frank

Nevermind.

It's hard enough to get my points across to people I speak with face-to-face laugh.gif laugh.gif
heynetboy
I have been on Sportlots since January and it has been great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.