Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: MRI
Collector Zone > Water Cooler > Everything Else
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ffman
This Friday, I'm scheduled for my second check-up MRI since I had the brain tumor removed on June 15, 2005. I might not be going this Friday, though.....depends on how much snow we get tonight and tomorrow. If we get enough snow......the MRI will be postponed.

I will know for certain tomorrow (probably as soon as in the morning) if I'll be going Friday or not. In any case, I would appreciate any prayers for a good outcome from anyone who is religious here at TCC. If everything looks fine, I won't be scheduled for another MRI until this time next year.
HOFerAutoCollector
Your prayers for mine and mine for you.
Tom
hernant15
I wish everything is ok as regards to your health, hope there's nothing strange in there. My prayers are with you
ffman
Thanks to both of you.
NGWH Sports Cards
Hope everything goes well. My prayers are with you!
gene01011
good luck. you'll be in my thoughts.
bigalexx
hope everything turns out well
ffman
Thanks to everyone!
kc_royals_fan_5
Ooh, MRI's are no fun. sad.gif Let's hope this one will be worth it and give you good news. smile.gif
ffman
QUOTE(kc_royals_fan_5 @ Jan 31 2007, 05:59 PM)
Ooh, MRI's are no fun. sad.gif  Let's hope this one will be worth it and give you good news. smile.gif

Thanks! MRIs are a beast....but it could be worse.
chopinalex
Wow had no idea you use to have tumor...I will definately say a prayer for you..your one of the most supportive members on TCC!!!
ffman
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Jan 31 2007, 06:04 PM)
Wow had no idea you use to have tumor...I will definately say a prayer for you..your one of the most supportive members on TCC!!!

Thank you. The tumor was discovered May 10, 2005 - it had been growing 7-10 years, and only discovered after having intense headaches. But, I knew it happened for a reason.......God has a plan for me, and the tumor was somehow related to it. Actually, that's one reason I joined TCC - I was homebound for over a year due to the tumor and surgery, and I had plenty of time to be online.
acampione
I hope there is nothing serious...

You've got my prayers..
kc_royals_fan_5
Very true. At least it's not painful.

QUOTE(ffman @ Jan 31 2007, 06:02 PM)
Thanks!  MRIs are a beast....but it could be worse.

ffman
Well - the MRI has been postponed due to iffy weather. Now scheduled for March 26th - but will still appreciate any prayers. This MRI is just to make certain that the tumor has not grown back. The past tumor was benign, but the type of tumor can grow back. I just hope and pray that it doesn't.
fenway1990
hope everything works out
ffman
QUOTE(fenway1990 @ Feb 1 2007, 01:04 PM)
hope everything works out

Thank you - thanks to everyone who posted.
DiaperDandy
You are always in my thoughts and prayers Cody!!
ffman
QUOTE(DiaperDandy @ Feb 1 2007, 01:31 PM)
You are always in my thoughts and prayers Cody!!

That means a lot to me - thanks Ty.
hernant15
They postponed it from tomorrow to March??
ffman
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Feb 1 2007, 04:14 PM)
They postponed it from tomorrow to March??

Yeah - it's a check-up MRI. It's been a year since my last one.
hernant15
Ok, good luck again. Sure we'll post when the date is closer
ffman
It's looking like we made the right decision postponing the MRI.....snowed quite a bit more last night than we expected. But, now.....I'm hoping I can get home safely today......I've never driven in snow before.
dviv17
My thoughts go out to you! I didn't know you had a tumor but best wishes!
ffman
Thanks again to everyone.
ffman
I'm going for the MRI tomorrow, so please continue to keep me in your prayers for a good outcome! I appreciate it!
dviv17
Good luck and I hope all goes well!
hernant15
Good luck Cody!! Everything will be ok! biggrin.gif
skatalite
smile.gif You're in my prayers, Codester.
ffman
QUOTE(skatalite @ Mar 25 2007, 01:40 PM)
smile.gif You're in my prayers, Codester.

Thank you, David, Hernan, Rich!
jwman92
good luck, i'm thinking of you, and congrats on making the tcc team!
kc_royals_fan_5
Hope all goes well! smile.gif
ffman
Thank you Shawn and Josh!
ffman
Well.....God just gave me the best 'mojo' - everything looked fine! My neurologist said the MRI looked beautiful - everything looked normal. I'm scheduled for another check-up MRI next year (March 24, 2008), as he still wants to continue to keep a check on it (he said it's rare for a person my age (19) to have a large brain tumor like the one I had. To everyone: thank you a million for your thoughts and prayers! I thank God once again for all being ok. God bless you all for your concern.
killerhawkeye21
Congrats on everything being ok, and hope all continues to go well!! biggrin.gif
chopinalex
wohoo!!!!! great news cody!!!!! glad your fine!!
hernant15
Woohoo!! Those are great news in the past days Cody!
What else could you ask for? biggrin.gif
ffman
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Mar 26 2007, 02:36 PM)
Woohoo!! Those are great news in the past days Cody!
What else could you ask for? biggrin.gif

Nothing...I'm very thankful! Now just a matter of doing well on an essay and outline due this week! laugh.gif

Plus, tomorrow, I get to see how well I did on a history exam....I'm thinking not as well as I would have liked to.
acampione
that's what I wanted to hear!
great news!
Tromni
Thank goodness everything checked out bud.
skatalite
Oh man. God's will is a great thing. I'm glad you're doing alright smile.gif
ffman
Thank you everyone! Once again, I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers for me over the past bit. smile.gif
kc_royals_fan_5
Great to hear! smile.gif
2000 rushing yards
Awesome to hear cody!!!
ffman
I go for my next check-up MRI next Monday. As usual, I'm a little nervous right now, but I gotta have faith in the Man above.
Kmart6nets
Best of luck Cody, obviously I hope everything turns out to be just fine
monsta
Good luck Cody!
kc_royals_fan_5
Hope everything goes well! smile.gif
ffman
I am back.

The MRI showed a small, 8 millimeter tumor on the outside of the brain near my left temple. According to my neurosurgeon, I have nothing to worry about at the moment; however, my next check-up scan has been moved up to August 4 as he said this needs to be watched. It's possible that the tumor could continue growing, or it might stay the same size. If the first case is true, it will eventually need to be taken care of through surgery or radiation. He said surgery would be much less involved than the operation that removed the original tumor in 2005 (which was as large as a man's fist) due to the smaller size. I pray that it grows no more.

Everyone, thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I would appreciate any more you could throw my way over the next half-a-year.
Kmart6nets
Best of luck Cody, I'll be thinking of you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.