Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Closing in on 9000 Members!!
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
DiaperDandy
At 9:42 Eastern, we are at 8996..... I would expect that sometime in the next couple of hours that we will have our 9000th member join!!! Congrats TCC and hang on as 10,000 is around the corner.
Scott792
congrats to everyone for this milestone biggrin.gif
hernant15
Congrats to everybody, specially Bob for creating this wonderful site.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Jan 19 2007, 09:48 PM)
Congrats to everybody, specially Bob for creating this wonderful site.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy it. wink.gif

8997!

-Bob
artyman60
ALRIGHT TCC !!!
bob_TCC
8998!

This is like watching the ball drop on New Year's Eve... laugh.gif

-Bob
DiaperDandy
I was doing the same thing and was coming back to update when I saw your post smile.gif
2000 rushing yards
Wow!! We've grown a lot. We were at 5,000 5 months ago..
bob_TCC
8999!

If you're a guest reading this topic right now and you've been hanging around for a couple weeks checking out the site, why not join now? Wouldn't it be cool to say you were TCC's 9000th member? smile.gif

-Bob
hernant15
Letīs launch a contest asking from which team is our 9000th member fan. Can be applied to hockey, football, basketball and baseball obviously.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Jan 19 2007, 11:15 PM)
Letīs launch a contest asking from which team is our 9000th member fan. Can be applied to hockey, football, basketball and baseball obviously.

There won't be enough time. They'll probably be here any minute! smile.gif

For fun though, I'll say they will be primarily a football fan.

-Bob
acampione
Thanks again Mr. Obvious! tongue.gif

Wow, how this thing has grown...
aceecards
woot woot woot..

aceecards
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jan 19 2007, 11:19 PM)
There won't be enough time.  They'll probably be here any minute!  smile.gif

For fun though, I'll say they will be primarily a football fan. 

-Bob

maybe itll be a hockey fan.. laugh.gif
aceecards
what was I bob member 106 or something like that if I remember!

bob_TCC
QUOTE(acampione @ Jan 19 2007, 11:21 PM)
Wow, how this thing has grown...

We're really just getting started. The coming weeks could bring some major changes!

-Bob
bob_TCC
QUOTE(aceecards @ Jan 19 2007, 11:23 PM)
what was I bob member 106 or something like that if I remember!

You are member 101, Steve!

-Bob
hernant15
It looks as if the 9000th member makes us wait...
bob_TCC
QUOTE(hernant15 @ Jan 19 2007, 11:42 PM)
It looks as if the 9000th member makes us wait...

They must be a little shy. I guess some people just don't enjoy the spotlight... tongue.gif

-Bob
Go18
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jan 19 2007, 11:44 PM)
They must be a little shy.  I guess some people just don't enjoy the spotlight...  tongue.gif

-Bob

Yeah, maybe a little stage fright?? laugh.gif
bob_TCC
There's only a few of us that bite... I promise! wink.gif

-Bob
Go18
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Jan 19 2007, 11:47 PM)
There's only a few of us that bite...  I promise!  wink.gif

-Bob

Maybe they ran to get a tetnis shot to take care of that problem. wink.gif
bob_TCC
toot.gif toot.gif toot.gif

Our 9000th member is...

raiderwop

Based on that name, I'm thinking football was a good guess as well. biggrin.gif

-Bob
Go18
Now we got to make sure he doesnt get blinded by the spotlight and bitten by the grouches. LOL tongue.gif
hernant15
Now yes!! congrats, weīve got 9000 members!
acampione
Woohooo!

9000 has come!!
jaderock
9,000 and all done without steroids! Yeah! :clap:
DiaperDandy
And the March to 10.000 begins....
HOFerAutoCollector
Not to rain on this fantastic parade, but how many of the 9000 members are active ones? I see the same faced day after day. I look at the members list and theres loads of them that havent posted in 6 months or a year, whatever.
I am a fan of quality over quantity. I would rather there be 250 members here and having them participate regularly than 9000 that gets a small % participating.
I am not dissatisfied with participation of those that are regulars, but that 9000 number is decieving.
colts21
Awesome 9,000 members. Congrats on the milestone TCC! biggrin.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Jan 20 2007, 10:29 AM)
I am not dissatisfied with participation of those that are regulars, but that 9000 number is decieving.

Deceiving is a poor choice of words. 9000+ individuals have chosen at one time or another to register for the site. Whether all of them are active posters now or ever is a separate issue. Honestly, this is exactly what you see with all online forums whether they are related to trading cards or not. Many individuals join forums (for whatever reason) and then only a certain percentage are really active. It's just the way that forums work. wink.gif

In any event, whether you wish to compare TCC with others sites based on total number of members, total number of posts, new members per day, new posts per day, new transactions per day, completed transactions per day, active members per day, unique visitors per month, page views per month or more, this site compares very favorably with other sites - even sites that have existed for years longer. Remember, the Collector Zone won't even reach its 2-year anniversary until 4/4/07!

-Bob
bob_TCC
QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Jan 20 2007, 10:29 AM)
I am a fan of quality over quantity.

By the way, I always find this type of comment amusing. May I ask what's wrong with aiming for both - high quality in high quantity?

In the same way that TCC compares quite favorably in quantity, most would say that it does quite well in terms of quality as well. TCC has proven that a trading card site can be more than just "I have this" and "I want this" and then lots of "ttt", "to the top" and "bump" replies to try to get what you want in exchange for what you have. The number of informative and active discussions here is rather unique. wink.gif

So, again, my motto is high quality in high quantity! biggrin.gif

-Bob
obe459
You tell em' Bob! Congrats TCC on 9000! Let's hope the 10,000 comes soon!
I also just checked and were on our way to 10,000 at 9010!!!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(obe459 @ Jan 20 2007, 10:49 AM)
You tell em' Bob!

Tom and I are both just stating facts. He's correct in that a small percentage of the 9000 are actively visiting and posting. However, as I pointed out in my 2 replies, that fact doesn't have to be viewed as a "negative". When put into context, it's just a fact - a fact that is true for forums.

-Bob
HOFerAutoCollector
I am referring to the numerous members that I see in the members list that have been a member for 6 months or longer and have ZERO posts. I know everyone cant be as active as the sites core members, but whats the point of joining if you never post or never come to the site? Some havent been here is 6 months or some even longer.

Hi quantity is fine if people are actually visiting the site, but what good is a member that doesnt post and donest visit the site?
HOFerAutoCollector
My post wasnt menat to be a negative for the site, but more a realization of the truth. I would say there are maybe 100 or so regular posters and I dont think anyone misses a beat. We have new active members joining all the time, which boosts things as well.

I would rather have quality (members that are active and post like we have here) over quantity (members that join and then dont come to the site or post.)
bob_TCC
QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Jan 20 2007, 10:57 AM)
I know everyone cant be as active as the sites core members, but whats the point of joining if you never post or never come to the site? Some havent been here is 6 months or some even longer.

Hi quantity is fine if people are actually visiting the site, but what good is a member that doesnt post and donest visit the site?

Again, this is true for all forums. Some members join and then simply don't visit or post. When they visit again, we can ask them why that is.

TCC is not going to decide when a member should be deleted - just so we can have a "clean" member list. Is 3 months with no visits or posts the right time to remove them? How about 6 months with no visits or posts? Maybe 12? Our approach is that the individual chose to register. Therefore, that individual should choose when and how to use their account. wink.gif

As an example, we had various members that fell into your 6-month category that have recently become active. Some of them visited because of the New Year's Day event. Some visited again once SCS went down. Unlike some sites, those members were welcomed back with an existing account. They didn't need to register again in order to become active.

Finally, many of the "inactive" members still request to receive our e-mails. Each time an e-mail is sent, we have the opportunity to convert an inactive member into an active one.

-Bob
hernant15
Of course the aim of the site is always to attract people and make them feel comfortable and interesting in what is posted and talked thorughout the forum. Itīs not possible to get always people interested all the time, and even if theyīre interested, there are other issues to attend, personal problems, work, children, school, study, sports, etc.
The "countdown" to 9000th member was a way of celebrating the expansion of the siteīs influence through collectors over the web and the world. If not, heck out my case biggrin.gif (What is an Argentinian doing in this site? lol)
bob_TCC
QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Jan 20 2007, 11:00 AM)
My post wasnt menat to be a negative for the site, but more a realization of the truth.

The truth is that we have 9000+ members and that a small percentage of those are active visitors and posters. The point that you're focusing on is normal for all forums.

Anyways, we've both provided facts and truth. I just helped to put it all in context. wink.gif

-Bob
acampione
you're bias tongue.gif

I kid, I kid.

I believe it as previously stated by Bob in a chat that only 10 percent of those who sign up are actually active--that goes for all forums.

9000 is 9000. If they chose to sign up, great! Even if they have 0 posts they are still interested in collecting.

The size of the collector is not based on post count of his/her number or transactions...
2000 rushing yards
yep, everyone here joined because they were intrested in the hobby. Also, as the number of memebers contiune to grow, more and more members will become regulars. Probaly by April, there'll be 25 new regular active members.
Another thought, new members dont get that much attention because they're all overshadowed by people with more posts and transactions.
northicehero99
Everyone here is my two cents worth.

It is great to hit that milestone. As with any "club" or "site" you will always have people who join who do not get involved and sometimes they do not come back, sometimes they do. It is the nature of the beast. I belonged to a metal detector club locally a few years back, we had 100 members and met once a month. About 50-70 showed up regularly to attend meetings, of those that attended, I would say about 15 were involved and did the majority of the work from inviting speakers, bringing snacks, and running events, etc. So with any "club" or "site" you have those who are more involved and those who are less involved. Either way each one of them is still a member.

There is no rule that says a member has to contribute, but it would be nice if they did, we want to hear from them. I guess what I am saying is since there is no way to make someone come with their membership, they still are a member until they tell us otherwise.

Lets get to trading.
hernant15
Yes, of course, it always happens like that. People who take responsabilities (here in this forum is not like this, but sort of) are very few compared to the other which enjoyed all the work done by the others.
msuwendy
However you want to look at it, 9000 is still an amazing milestone for a relatively new forum! Keep up the great work everyone! Looking forward to 10,000 biggrin.gif smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.