Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: NPNs for my Friend
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
Luke2411
This spring I got my friend Fred, who is not a collector, to send in some NPNs. I told him about the process and where he could get the addresses and since then he has sent in several. He collected as a kid, but hasn't collected since then.

Well, he's recently gotten some back and I'm here to report about them.

He received one from Topps Triple Threads. It was a Jim Edmonds parallel numbered to 25. You can see it in my bucket under Baseball. I bought it from him.

Then last week he told me he got one back from Donruss Threads, an insert card of some sort.

Then today he told me he received one from Leaf Certified Materials. They sent him a Warrick Dunn jersey card. He said his wife opened the package and responded with, "That's pretty."

He's gotten some decent cards from his NPN experience. I'm hoping that this might help get him interested in collecting again, so we'll see.
killerhawkeye21
Nice NPN's and cool story! Thanks for sharing!! biggrin.gif
dd316
Very cool to hear!
DiaperDandy
Great returns on a 39 cent investment, thanks for the story and sharing!!
Detroitfan113
That's cool as hell. I need to get some of my friends back into collecting. I'm going over one of there houses in a few and a bunch of other people are gonna be there. I might bring a few in my car and see what they have to say. They love football so i'm curious.
2000 rushing yards
Nice story!!! AMAZING NPNs!!!!
Luke2411
Well, I figured this was a way he might possibly get some interesting cards without spending a lot of money. Sort of wet his appetite, I guess. Anyhow, he's been pretty excited about getting those cards in the mail. So, maybe he'll be interested in picking up some packs with me sometime. We'll see.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.