Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Looking back at 2006 what was your best & worst!?
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
jaderock
Take a few minutes and reflect back on 2006...What was your:
1. Best purchase
2. Best trade
3. Best pull
4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting
5. Worst purchase
6. Worst trade
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006

Add other categories if needed!
braves4life1025
1. Best purchase - topps turkey red
2. Best trade - maurice stovall GU and maurice stovall auto
3. Best pull - brandon williams autpo out of topps turkey red
4. Highlight of 2006 - trading vickie (vicsten) for her triple double nuggets #'ed /25
5. Worst purchase - baseball hidden treasures
6. Worst trade - for a PSP and games that i have never got my cards back for
7. Low moment of 2006 - trading on another site and got a card all bent and they wouldn't send my card back
jaderock
For me:
1. Best purchase - recently bought a 325+ GU/Auto lot for $220!!! Lot included a Honus Wagner GU* and an some nice mid range autos.
2. Best trade - 2004 Printing Plate of Mark Brunell and Carlos Dilfino for two Greg Maddux Printing Plates...it's my best trade cause it helped out two player collectors!
3. Best pull - not much purchased but I got a 2005 Gridiron Gear Eli Manning Auto #/10
4. Highlight of 2006 - Being named super collector in Beckett.
5. Worst purchase - nothing sticks out but there were the continued PLAIN WHITE ENVELOP (and/or) Non protected shipping that I really dislike
6. Worst trade - no comment
7. Low moment of 2006 - The Beckett thread regarding me "not purchasing a card that turned UGLY"

*GU was a Stadium Star Forbes Field Seat...haha!
msuwendy
1. Best purchase - I really enjoyed Playoff Absolute Memorabilia! My first football break in a long long time! Love the variety of the cards smile.gif

2. Best trade - Anything that brought in Bibby cards smile.gif Apart from those, I'd have to say my trade with Peter....trade a Torry Holt 1/1 patch and got some beautiful cards in return including a Marino auto smile.gif Thanks again Peter....very glad that the trade also helped you to acquire another 1/1 Brunell!

3. Best pull - I really got lucky with a couple of UD basketball products. Bought a box of 05/06 Trilogy and pulled a Trimarks auto of Dr.J, Bill Russell, Kareem numbere 7/10. Out of 05/06 SPGU, I hit a Michael Jordan auto/GU numbered 22/23.

4. Highlight of 2006 - Joining TCC! Nothing even comes close to that.

5. Worst purchase - Nothing really....I'm usually happy with what I buy, but if I had to call out something, it would have to be 05/06 UD Ultimate Collection Basketball.

6. Worst trade - Nothing stands out.

7. Low moment of 2006 - A little issue I had (thankfully resolved for now!) with an Ebay member who decided to attack me because I outbid him on certain cards tongue.gif
straightbutta14
1. Best purchase - the pack that netted me the Maroney on #3
2. Best trade - with globalduk to get a 2002-03 Ultimate Collection Michael Jordan Auto
3. Best pull - Laurence Maroney SPX 1/1 Auto/NFL Shield
4. Highlight of 2006 - The birth of my second son Zach
5. Worst purchase - 2006 SP Authentic Baseball getting no autos in a box
6. Worst trade - Any trade involving an LT Auto
7. Low moment of 2006 - BMW getting crashed into while being parked
19th Century Indiana Jones
1. Best purchase - no steals, but I am happy with what I bought
2. Best trade - no trades
3. Best pull - no pull
4. Highlight of 2006 - Jessica Alba
5. Worst purchase - none
6. Worst trade - no trades, hence, I avoid bad feelings
7. Low moment of 2006 - Jessica Alba with someone else other than me

baby.gif
skatalite
Best purchase — a lot of autos/GU I bought from Mario (msuwendy) back in the day. It helped me out when it came to trades, so I thank him for that. Before I made the purchase I had little to nothing in the way of trade bait. So, thanks, Mario smile.gif

Best trade — my first trade with Robert (gohran). I traded away one of my precious Payton autos so he could come closer to completing a set smile.gif But, in turn, Robert sent me a #d/25 dual Payton auto with Troy Bell. One of my favorite cards. He also traded me a Kobe GU, which helped me get a Magic GU from Anthony (nameant)!

Best pull — I don't buy many packs or boxes, but one thing I made it a point to do was buy a box of 96/97 Bowman's Best basketball. I did so and pulled a Kevin Garnett/Jerry Stackhouse Honor Roll Atomic Refractor. It books $120 and is a killer-looking card.

Highlight of 2006 — joining TCC, just like Mario. Without TCC my passion for the hobby wouldn't be where it's at. Without TCC I wouldn't know a thing about honest traders and good fellow enthusiasts.

Worst purchase — any time I bought packs of 05/06 SP Authentic basketball. I never have luck with SPA dry.gif

Worst trade — thankfully the trade didn't go through, but it was when that guy from Jersey infiltrated TCC's defenses and tried to scam everyone. I made him send first, and he did. But all of the cards I received were damaged in some way. Overall bad experience.

Low moment of 2006 — getting into shouting matches with Steve (aceecards). I really do adore the guy, so it killed me when it was going on.

Great topic idea! Thanks, man!
dd316
1. Best purchase - I bought a Ryan Howard/Derrek Lee dual sig card for Buy It Now $39.99, then turned it around and re-sold it for almost double.

2. Best trade - I honestly can't think of one!! They've all been good!

3. Best pull - 04 Leaf Certified Materials Tyc Cobb GU bat from half a box that cost me $20.

4. Highlight of 2006 - Getting Disney cards signed by the characters in Disneyworld.

5. Worst purchase - pretty much any packs I bought at shows over the year, nothing good.

6. Worst trade - Ryan Howard 03 Bowman GU for March of the Penguins DVD. Howard now books $60, Penguins can be bought for under $10 now. sad.gif

7. Low moment of 2006 - Losing my Yahoo account a month into the Fantasy Baseball season. mad.gif
ffman
1. Best purchase - Ugh....I dunno. BV-wise, probably a 2004 SPx Winning Materials Hideki Matsui I won for around $4, that books $50

2. Best trade - Being that I trade little, was hard to choose. Either my latest trade with Bob (Jack Wilson autograph for 3 Sosa GU and a Wright 'star rookie' from Upper Deck) or my trade with Tromni (Fleer Authentix Clemens GU /75 for a Wright Allen and Ginter jersey, All-Star Classics Sosa jersey, and two David Wright base he threw in for free).

3. Best pull - Probably a Matt Garza refractor autograph out of a retail box of 2005 Topps Chrome Updates and Highlights. BV was first $25, went up to $40, then $60, and back down to $50.

4. Highlight of 2006 - Being alive, beginning college, and, in the trading world, joining TCC.

5. Worst purchase - 2005 Donruss Champions Hobby Box....8 GU, but all were lackluster.

6. Worst trade - Can't think of one

7. Low moment of 2006 - Realizing I've spent way too much on baseball cards over the past year.

2000 rushing yards
1. Best purchase- Nothing really stood out
2. Best trade- Trading with Taliasen for 50 Rickey Henderson cards
3. Best pull- Pulling a Santonio Holmes L13 card in 1 pack
4. Highlight of 2006- Defeintly joining TCC in august, i don't even know how i was collecting withotu this site.
5. Worst purchase- NOt much stood out
6. Worst trade- Trading my Joey galloway GU for 100 Orioiles from the late 80s to mid 90s
7. Low moment of 2006- In the Sports card world, finding out that my Henderson rookie dropped 50% in 1 month, it went back up to 50 though.
snkpoct137
1. Best purchase- a Tomlinson Foundations auto #d20/20, bought it for $35 dlvd about 3 months ago when the season just started and now you cant find an auto of his for under $70! and here is the same card #d10/20 that just sold for $90.97 dlvd!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ladainian-Tomlinson-20...1QQcmdZViewItem

so if i were to sell it i should easily get triple digits!

2. Best trade- You guys are gonna think i am crazy and this is a gamble but it is actually my Reggie Bush trade depending on how he pans out... i traded the Auto of him mentioned about 4 times below for this

Cal Ripken SP Legendary Cuts Auto #d/50 $250
Francisco Liriano Bowman Chrome RC Auto $100
John Papelbon/Anthony Reyes Cosigners Dual auto $50
Miguel Cabrera/Ken Griffey Reflections dual 5 color patch $50
Scott Kazmir/Johan Santana Reflections dual auto #d/99 $30
David Terrell Focuscuts auto $20

it could be a good or bad trade depending on if he wins the superbowl anytime soon or if he plays like he has the past few games... but like i said this was a huge gamble and i just couldnt turn down a Ripken on the card auto at that high of bv... i guess we wont know who got the better trade for a little while... but i am really hoping i did... sry tom tongue.gif

3. Best pull- Reggie Bush auto refractor jersey #d/199 which has sold from $300-$450! why i traded it i still dont know laugh.gif

4. Highlight of 2006- Pulling my Reggie Bush auto refractor jersey #d/199 and the Laurence Maroney/Mike Bell Dual auto in the same pack of Sterling.. then trading them right away, what was i thinking blink.gif

5. Worst purchase- The Highly Sought after Gridiron Gear, bought 2 boxes and my best pull was a craig morgan auto BV$25-$30... total spent on both was $170 so it didnt look terrible at the time but all i basically got was a bunch of single jerseys and nothing to write home about!

6. Worst trade- Sry gonna have to prolly go with a trade with Ace on this one- I did receive a nice 2 color jersey of Yzerman from ITG but i also gave up my first true certified auto and it was of Tomlinson at a BV of $60.. and now that card is prolly selling for more then BV! looking back, dumb trade by me especially since i threw in another 8x10 auto of katherine heigl tongue.gif

7. Low moment of 2006- Buying my Sterling box and realizing i just wasted $320, of course until i got until Pack 5 and pulled a bush auto jersey #d/199 and a dual maroney/bell auto in the same pack! then it turned out alright... i just wish i wouldnt of traded it because i think New Orleans is superbowl bound this year ohmy.gif that could of been one of the worst trades i have done if it happens...
ffman
QUOTE(snkpoct137 @ Dec 27 2006, 11:00 AM)

2. Best trade- You guys are gonna think i am crazy and this is a gamble but it is actually my Reggie Bush trade depending on how he pans out... i traded the Auto of him mentioned about 4 times below for this

Cal Ripken SP Legendary Cuts Auto #d/50 $250
Francisco Liriano Bowman Chrome RC Auto $100
John Papelbon/Anthony Reyes Cosigners Dual auto $50
Miguel Cabrera/Ken Griffey Reflections dual 5 color patch $50
Scott Kazmir/Johan Santana Reflections dual auto #d/99 $30
David Terrell Focuscuts auto $20

it could be a good or bad trade depending on if he wins the superbowl anytime soon or if he plays like he has the past few games... but like i said this was a huge gamble and i just couldnt turn down a Ripken on the card auto at that high of bv... i guess we wont know who got the better trade for a little while... but i am really hoping i did... sry tom  tongue.gif

I would have done that trade in a minute! A Ripken autograph, Papelbon, Liriano, Santana, and that patch....... drool.gif
Hallsgator
1. Best purchase-Any J.P.'s I bought and my Bowman Chrome and Bowman DPP boxes
2. Best trade-Any trade where I got J.P. Arencibia cards
3. Best pull-Jon Lester Bowman Chrome auto
4. Highlight of 2006-Not happened yet, but going to a UT basketball game Saturday with a fenale friend biggrin.gif
5. Worst purchase-None
6. Worst trade-Nah
7. Low moment of 2006-Playing sucky golf when I was the #2 man on my golf team dry.gif
snkpoct137
QUOTE(ffman @ Dec 27 2006, 01:07 PM)
I would have done that trade in a minute!  A Ripken autograph, Papelbon, Liriano, Santana, and that patch.......  drool.gif

yea i hope it pays off smile.gif specially for the $320 i paid for the box
ffman
QUOTE(snkpoct137 @ Dec 27 2006, 11:40 AM)
yea i hope it pays off  smile.gif  specially for the $320 i paid for the box

I really wouldn't care if it paid off...but that comes from a person who collects baseball over football. laugh.gif

But, lemme know on that dual autograph and patch.
kooljazz1966

1. Best purchase- Case of 2006 Bowman Chrome Baseball $475

2. Best trade- Clemens/Ryan Dual Cosigner auto Lot and Bowmans Best Ryan Howard Auto RC

3. Best pull-Too tough to call, most recent Adam Morrison Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor Auto #/50

4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting- Got to mingle with Billy Williams Cubs HOF And Steve Carlton Cards/Philles HOFer at card show signings, Taking advice from PSUJDS389 and joining TCC!!!!!!!!!! haven't regretted it or looked back yet!

5. Worst purchase- 2006 UD Legends Football sad.gif

6. Worst trade- none

7. Low moment of collecting in 2006- Couldn't get my hands on 2005 Just MiLB Baseball auto boxes 1 auto per pack, Tabata, etc..and got outbid on a Pete Maravich RC by $1.00...

VillanuevaCollector
1. Best purchase: 05-06 Finest Dress For Success Villanueva dress tie Xfractor RC #7/9 (his draft # and has his draft tie piece inserted in card)
2. Best trade: any of the ones to get the 90 or so Villanuevas I got this year
3. Best pull: just got a O'Bryant GU...I had a LBJ Refractor, Gordon Chrome, Ben Wallace GU, and a Mark Eaton Fan Favorites auto in a blaster of Topps '52 this year
4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting: Getting 90 or however many Villanuevas I already have, and also getting my goal of 1,000+ Reggie Millers (just completed cuz I got an auto, and now it's at 1,340+)
5. Worst purchase: Didn't have one cuz I bought at the price I wanted and got what I wanted
6. Worst trade: With Brandon Surber...got ripped SO BAD
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006: Not getting anything in the mail for about 1.5 weeks at one time this year...
MetsFan86
1. Best Purchase:16 Card Jeff Francis Lot
2. Best trade: Renaldo Balkman Sweet Shot Auto
3. Best pull: Rajon Rondo 7/10 RC
4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting: Finally getting the Balkman auto!
5. Worst purchase: None
6. Worst trade: None
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006: Getting Sweet Shot Bkb and getting NOTHING.

this is fun!
northicehero99
1. Best purchase - 06-7 Ultra hockey got the Malkin and J Staal redeemers in two seperate boxes, no complaints there for a Pens fan.

2. Best trade - no one stands out, I have enjoyed trading with everyone no matter how big or small the deal.

3. Best pull - probably have to go with the Malkin redemption from Ultra.

4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting - completion of my 05-06 UD S1 and S2 base sets.

5. Worst purchase - toss up between 2006 Turkey Red football and 2006 Heritage football

6. Worst trade - not applicable, unless you want me to write down the two trades I got taken on. Even still small losses so not that disappointing.

7. Low moment of collecting in 2006 - cracking the Topps Turkey Red Droppings box! *puking*

8. Most favorite place to trade and be - why of course TCC!

9. Greatest card site members - again you guys here at TCC!

VillanuevaCollector
oh, yeah, and another for my Best Pulls: 06-07 UD Rookie Debut Rajon Rondo auto/RC, and then Best Trade: Trading that Rondo to jb1982 for a MJ GU floor card! biggrin.gif
snkpoct137
yea this is really fun.. i didnt know some of these meant in general, i thought they were card related questions tongue.gif
jaderock
QUOTE(dd316 @ Dec 27 2006, 09:10 AM)

3. Best pull - 04 Leaf Certified Materials Ty Cobb GU bat from half a box that cost me $20. Was it numbered?!?

4. Highlight of 2006 - Getting Disney cards signed by the characters in Disneyworld. You must've been jumping up and down like a little girl unsure.gif laugh.gif

6. Worst trade - Ryan Howard 03 Bowman GU for March of the Penguins DVD. Howard now books $60, Penguins can be bought for under $10 now. sad.gif  Can you say OUCH!

jaderock
QUOTE(msuwendy @ Dec 27 2006, 05:44 AM)

2. Best trade - Anything that brought in Bibby cards smile.gif Apart from those, I'd have to say my trade with Peter....trade a Torry Holt 1/1 patch and got some beautiful cards in return including a Marino auto smile.gif Thanks again Peter....very glad that the trade also helped you to acquire another 1/1 Brunell! This was a CLOSE 2nd for me! Thanks again Mario!

3. Best pull - I really got lucky with a couple of UD basketball products. Bought a box of 05/06 Trilogy and pulled a Trimarks auto of Dr.J, Bill Russell, Kareem numbere 7/10. Out of 05/06 SPGU, I hit a Michael Jordan auto/GU numbered 22/23. SWEET - My my aren't you LUCKY! Triple sigs of 3 HOFers!
4. Highlight of 2006 - Joining TCC! Nothing even comes close to that.
This is a frequent answer! thumbsup.gif

dd316
QUOTE(jaderock @ Dec 28 2006, 02:55 AM)
3. Best pull - 04 Leaf Certified Materials Ty Cobb GU bat from half a box that cost me $20. Was it numbered?!?

Yes, to 25.

4. Highlight of 2006 - Getting Disney cards signed by the characters in Disneyworld. You must've been jumping up and down like a little girl 

No comment. wink.gif

6. Worst trade - Ryan Howard 03 Bowman GU for March of the Penguins DVD. Howard now books $60, Penguins can be bought for under $10 now.  Can you say OUCH!

I STILL have pains, ooooo....
Cades
1. Best purchase - Probably David Ortiz Limited Monikers Auto

2. Best trade - Trade with Ace involving pujols 1/1 triple threads for lots of PC.
3. Best pull - Said card above Pujols White Whale triple gu/auto 1/1 from Triple Threads

4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting - Had a good few days with box pulls, CP3 spx, pujols, wang auto, Zimmerman RiP card from A&G with yielded jeter mini sp
5. Worst purchase - None really, maybe overpaid on a couple things

6. Worst trade - None

7. Low moment of collecting in 2006 - Had a bad stretch of box brokes for a bit wink.gif
Dreamerfan
1. Best purchase: Larry Walker 1994 Topps Finest Refractor(kept getting out bid with mere seconds to go)
2. Best trade: None to speak of
3. Best pull Nolan Ryan Co-Signer auto Limited to 20 or Albert Pujols bowman original auto
4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting: People getting back into the Detroit Tigers
5. Worst purchase: Leaf Certified and other crappy football products
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006: When peoeple were buying all the Verlanders and driving the prices sky high- Paying over a 100 dollars for a single pack of cards
dviv17
1. A box of UD Classics. I pulled a Hoyt Wilhelm cut auto and the 2 GU and a auto. I also blew away the odds in parallels and inserts.

2. A Giambi GU for a 2006 Topps Joe Saunders black parallel /55.

3. The wilhelm cut /17 from question #1.

4.Going to the National Card Collectors Show in Anaheim. It was my first show and amazing to see all the stuff.

5. Not buying a Mantle and Koufax vintage card at the National.

6. Trading my cut auto for a numerous cards. I should have kept it.

7. None!
bigalexx
1. Best purchase:Ult. Coll. J.Verlander/J.Weaver/J.Johnson triple auto
2. Best trade: None to speak of
3. Best pull: Chris Paul Spx rookie auto jsy 425/750 or Dwayne Wade Bowman Elevation auto jsy 7/9
4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting: D. Williams got hot so i sold some of his cards
5. Worst purchase: none
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006: when Romo autos went from 2$ to 350$ practically overnight
bigeric
1. Best purchase topps chrome blue refractor auto maurice jones drew 30/50 bought for 30 at local shop
2. Best trade none
3. Best pull troy aikman auto or dwyane wade patch 3/5
5. Worst purchase none
6. Worst trade none
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006 pulling a brandon bass in a box of spx
ffman
I guess the Bonds autograph now fits as my best pull.
FlatLineTrader
1. Best purchase - Cheap lots of Zo to fill in.
2. Best trade - No trades this year.
3. Best pull - 06-07 Bowman Elevation Adam Morrison Rookie Writings
4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting - Closer and closer on the Zo collection.
5. Worst purchase - 06-07 Ovation box, nothing great was pulled.
6. Worst trade - No trades this year.
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006 - missing out 3 quarters of the year..
RGBII
Best Purchase - two cases of Allen & Ginter
Best Trade - none
Best Pull - 1 of 1 Alex Rodriguez Personalized Postcard A & G
Highlight collecting '06 - 1961 Maris Sporting News All Star (immaculate)
Worst purchase - 1953 Billy Martin, in a hurry didn't check the back hand written initials
Worst trade - no trades
Low moment - No Donruss
jaderock
QUOTE(dviv17 @ Dec 30 2006, 10:14 AM)
1. A box of UD Classics. I pulled a Hoyt Wilhelm cut auto and the 2 GU and a auto. I also blew away the odds in parallels and inserts.

3. The wilhelm cut /17 from question #1.

6. Trading my cut auto for a numerous cards. I should have kept it.

That Wilhelm came in handy for you!
saxophonymartian
1. Best purchase 3 boxes of Hot Prospect Hockey
2. Best trade none
3. Best pull OVechkin RC auto uc...however later traded...
4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting ovechkin rc auto, kovy/lehtonen dual patch #/10, selanne/perry dual jersey #/5...
5. Worst purchase 1 box of sp authentic hockey
6. Worst trade none
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006 when i found out the ao rc auto's price lowered because of the cup....

BIGIRON
QUOTE(jaderock @ Dec 26 2006, 11:19 PM)
1. Best purchase
2. Best trade
3. Best pull
5. Worst purchase
6. Worst trade
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006

Add other categories if needed!

1. Best purchase, 2006 Legendary cuts
2. I dont trade, If you dont trade you dont get taken.
3. Legendary cuts Joe Dimmagio cut auto 3/5
4. Great rookie class in football
5. Bowman Sterling football, 600 dollars of trash.
6. I dont trade so no bad trades
7. Bowman Sterling football or the fake Bush craze.
Nefugee
1. Best purchase - Pippen exquisite auto patch /100 cool.gif
2. Best trade - Jordan SP marks of excellence on card auto /50 ohmy.gif
3. Best pull - no products broken
4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting - receiving my first Jordan auto!! biggrin.gif
5. Worst purchase - not a card, my pair of Air Jordan XXI, not strong enough for 3 months playing ball blink.gif
6. Worst trade - a very big trade ( Jabbar au, hakeem exq au, MJ patch etc) ( cards are great, that wasn't the problem) for which i had to wait forever. received over 1 month after he got my cards. sad.gif
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006 - that last trade, it took forever, and ended my greatest card year to date on a sour note. sad.gif
obe459
1. Best purchase- Either 06' Gridiron Gear or 06' Playoff Contenders.

2. Best trade- None.

3. Best pull- I had two awesome pulls...in Playoff Contenders I got a Vince Young Rookie Ticket Auto and in Gridiron Gear I got a Player Timeline Dual Jersey/auto #05/10 of Laurence Maroney.

4. Highlight of 2006- Joining TCC because I seriously didn't have my heart into it, until I found out about TCC.

5. Worst purchase- 06' Topps Turkey Red Football

6. Worst trade- none

7. Low moment of 2006- Watching the Browns stay in their WORST in the NFL rut.
Luke2411
1. Best purchase - 04 Absolute Memorabilia ARod/Teixeira/Blalock triple patch card numbered to 5, that I bought for $49 and sold a couple of months later for $90. Also the several boxes of Gridiron Gear football I bought.

2. Best trade - Pulled an 05 Diamond Kings Pedro Martinez Auto 1/1 and traded it to geese18 for a Donruss Signature Alex Rodriguez Auto /25.

3. Best pull - Probably a toss up between the above mentioned Pedro Martinez 1/1 and the Peyton Manning auto jersey 01/18 I pulled from Leaf Certified Materials.

4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting - Buying my first Nolan Ryan Auto. Got a Triple Threads Autographed Triple Game-Used.

5. Worst Purchase- OH there's quite a few. The first one that comes to mind is a mini box of Topps Finest Football. That product was horrible. I bought a pack of Absolute Baseball and pulled an Andre Dawson quad jersey that wouldn't bring me $5 on the bay. And finally, a box of Reflections basketball. I hate Upper Deck.

6. Worst trade - This was my fault. I traded lost_thought a Topps 52 Style Dick Schnittker autographed card for less than $10 in trade value. The product had just come out and I had never heard of Schnittker (apparently he played a few seasons for the Minneapolis Lakers and averaged 8 pts. a game). The card ended up being an SP auto and the set ended up being very hot and a few sold on the bay for quite a bit more than what I got in return for the trade. Once again, not his fault. There weren't any on the bay when I traded it to him. I should have held onto it and waited to see what it might be worth.

7. Low moment of 2006- Seeing all the new football products come out like Playoff Contenders and learning that 99% of all RC autos are of no-name free agent non-draftees (for instance Topps finest). Also seeing the horrible coalation in products like Co-Signers.
Vickollector
1. Best purchase---1 pack of '06 Upper Deck/3 packs Donruss Elite
2. Best trade---didnt really have any standout trades
3. Best pull---'06 Upper Deck Rookie Futures Vince Young GU/Auto # 26/50---'06 Donruss Elite College Ties Vince Young/Cedric Benson dual auto.
4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting---started collecting again in June '06!
5. Worst purchase----i dont make bad purchases!
6. Worst trade---with Solid133 for my Sinorice Moss Rookie Premiere Auto
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006----none
chopinalex
1. Best purchase 9.99 ud box at walmart..pulled the reggie bush limited rc!

2. Best trade my first tcc trade with skatalite..received a tim duncan large swatch card and nash green refractor for a dual payton/francis game used

3. Best pull 03 fleer avant dontrelle willis auto /300 and baldelli auto /75

4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting Setting up next to Ken at Nov show..even though it was one day..it was fun!!

5. Worst purchase turkey red retail box...half the cards were damaged and almost all base!!

6. Worst trade - none..

7. Low moment of collecting in 2006[/b]
every first of month..i have to pay storage for my cards..80 bucks a month i could use to buy cards sad.gif .........
jaderock
QUOTE(BIGIRON @ Jan 4 2007, 11:02 PM)
3. Legendary cuts Joe Dimmagio cut auto 3/5

When was this

QUOTE(BIGIRON @ Jan 4 2007, 11:02 PM)
7. Bowman Sterling football or the fake Bush craze.

The Topps Rookie Premiere Red Fake auto stuff was out of control...that's really a black eye on the hobby!
jaderock
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Jan 9 2007, 11:41 AM)
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006[/b]
every first of month..i have to pay storage for my cards..80 bucks a month i could use to buy cards sad.gif  .........

Time to sell off some stuff there! OR covert the boxes into a bed and sleep on them! smile.gif
snowblink
1. Best purchase - paid $6 postage on a box of cards, got the cards for free, found a card that I had been looking for for a couple years in that box!
2. Best trade - Black Diamond Marek Svatos RC in trade for a couple cards I didn't need.
3. Best pull - a couple inserts (yeah didn't break much wax)
4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting - Scoring 5 of the 2001 NHL All-Star cards I had been looking everywhere for. biggrin.gif
5. Worst purchase - any packs I bought
6. Worst trade - deal with james_dunn - I sent cards, he sent nothing, and I wasn't alone...
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006 - see #6
19th Century Indiana Jones
Sorry. I actually forgot I had a good purchase.

Best Purchase: 2006 SPx Winning Materials Veteran near set (missing 3 cards) for under $120 before book came out. I got the 2 of the three I needed. The entire set debuted at $400+. Dammit, where is that Urlacher card!!! mad.gif
faulkrules
1. Best purchase: ANY Gridiron Gear Football hobby boxes - I always got good value or nice looking prime patches. Excellent product and a nice improvement from 2005.
3. Best pull: BV - Absolute Memorabilia Leinart RPM Auto /100. PC - Roy Williams GG 4-color Prime Patch + Auto /10
4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting: Pulling a Reggie Bush Jersey in my first box of the year (UD Rookie Debut)
5. Worst purchase: Donruss Elite Box with a "Big Hit" prime jersey of Aaron Brooks mad.gif
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006: The fact that Omar Jacobs exists. Also, receiving (and breaking) three boxes the same day my GF and I split - miserable day and no joy in those breaks...

I have enjoyed this thread tremendously - thanks!
ChickenSalad
1. Best purchase in 2006 - My first Chris Brown autograph and first Delanie Walker card...thus starting my 2 collections of these guys!

2. Best trade in 2006 - Received a Delanie Walker 06 Monikers auto/50 for a Domanick Davis 05 Abs Mem Marks of Fame Auto/Jersey/300 (I only had a handful of trades all last year!)

3. Best pull in 2006 - N/A

4. Highlight of 2006 - Starting my Chris Brown Autograph collection and Delanie Walker collection and receiving wonderful freebies for my collection from some really great collectors! biggrin.gif

5. Worst purchase in 2006 - Bought some cards and they arrived damaged

6. Worst trade in 2006 - Can't say I had a worst trade

7. Low moment of 2006 - Not having nicer cards to trade/send out as freebies to other collectors

Peace~
Rima
rossman
1. Best purchase- Very 1st box of SPA Baseball last year. It yielded my Pujols #1/5. It then hooked me on to about 30 more boxes of the stuff. Couldn't get enough of it.
2. Best trade- Mantle 4GU relic and Ripken 1/1 Auto/4relic from Topps Sterling. Netted me well over $2000 in SV of Alex Smith autos.
3. Best pull- See #1
4. Highlight of 2006 in collecting- Topps Sterling. Hands down, the nicest product to come out in any sport in quite some time.
5. Worst purchase in 2006- Any UD product in which I pulled the auto of....we all know who.....OMAR JACOBS!
6. Worst trade- There is no worst trade. I make trades for trades sake.
7. Low moment of collecting in 2006- The UD redemption debacle. I may have shared this before....but my kid had a redemption for Kotchman/Mchperson Reflections Dual auto for quite some time. (He loves the Angels because we're from So Cal, had season tix there and coincidentally where we moved is the Angels AAA affiliate, so we have season tix here too) Anyways, finally see one day that its been "fulfilled" and its being sent. No mention anywhere that we won't get what was redeemed. Package comes, get the dreaded letter, we can't fulfill, blah, blah, blah, so we get a JD Drew auto from like '01 and 2 jersey cards. No Angels whatsoever. My kid was crushed. Tried explaining, but he would have none of it. (He's 6) They could've sent 1 base card for all he cared, but no. ANYwho....if you ever see me on BMB, my sig says UD clean for XX days and no relapses. That started my UD Boycott.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.