Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Sci-Fi Cards?
Collector Zone > Non-Sports Cards > Entertainment
Evolution
I collect non-sports aswell to football cards. Are there any other non sports collectors on here. The two sets i am looking to complete at the moment are:

Star Wars Heritage
Alien Vs Predator

Im only one card away from finishing my Heritage set, although thats kind of a lie as Im not going after the autos. 1 auto out of 10 cases or something is just rediculous. I need the #1 etched foil insert from the hobby boxes.

I need a few base cards for the AvP set though, 20, 21, 31, 45, 80. Could any one help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated?

Getting away from trading, Id like to know if anyone on here does collect non-sports and what they think of the hobby insert rates compared to the retail box inserts? personally id get rid of the sketch card or at least limit them, there are to many bad sketches in my opinion and I would rather see an auto in my collection.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Evolution @ Apr 24 2005, 10:26 AM)
I collect non-sports aswell to football cards. Are there any other non sports collectors on here. The two sets i am looking to complete at the moment are:

Star Wars Heritage

<snip>

Getting away from trading, Id like to know if anyone on here does collect non-sports...

I also collect non-sports. However, it's been a little while since I purchased anything. Most of my non-sports cards are from a few years ago now.

A few of the recent Star Wars sets have caught my interest though. What do you think of the Topps Star Wars Heritage set? You might just convince me to order a box. wink.gif

-Bob
19th Century Indiana Jones
Well, it's not sci-fi (although I do have a couple of Babylon 5 cards, a Star Trek starter deck, and some Star Wars long card), but it is non-sports - I collect Hooters and World Models cards.
Evolution
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 24 2005, 05:06 PM)
A few of the recent Star Wars sets have caught my interest though.  What do you think of the Topps Star Wars Heritage set?  You might just convince me to order a box.   wink.gif

-Bob

the new star wars heritage set is very nice. They are set out to look like the classic star wars sets from when the original trilogy came out, but I dont know much about them as I am too young. With a 120 card base set, each card has a great image on, divided between the six films. The set was advertised as the first set to hold cards from all six films, but watch out as there are few cards from the latest film and I guess that the next Star Wars set will be a much bigger collection.
The three autos are way out of my league with incredible insertion rates, but theres always hope of pulling one. A box will get you the full 120 card base set plus around 5 etched foils and 1 sketch card. My sketch looks incredible (yoda drawn by Jan Duursema) and it isnt even the top level of sketch available, watch out though as there seems to be many dissapointed collectors over the sketches with some seeming to have been done in a couple of minutes.

On the backs of each card there are facts, quizzes, quotes and charachter profiles. I reccomend that you get a box bob, good quality set.
jrlenox
I'm seriously thinking about getting a box of Star Wars Heritage, too. I collected all the original cards from the movies in the 70's and 80's and these cards seem to have the same look feel down to the same borders for each movie as the original set.

the following site:

http://www.starwarscards.net/2004heritage.htm

Has a lot of info on the set and scans of most of the cards.

-Jim
Evolution
i cant believe this, i havent been to that site in ages and ages. I used to go on even when I wasnt collecting the latest sets and then when i actually need to trade something I forget about it. Thanks for reminding me. rolleyes.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Evolution @ Apr 24 2005, 01:11 PM)
I reccomend that you get a box bob, good quality set.

Ok, guys, you have me ready on this one. biggrin.gif

Here's some info on prices based on research just done:

$57 - Dave and Adam's
$74 - Pittsburgh Sports Wholesale
$79.95 - The Collector Store

No listings on NAXCOM.

Finally, anywhere from $30-$45 on eBay.

Looks like I'll be watching some auctions on eBay for the next day or so. wink.gif

-Bob
Evolution
i wouldnt of bought a box the way i did if i knew that you could get one for 25...im gutted now! I payed almost 50
BDM
Well I just joined and I collect Star Wars and do have a few Star Trek that i have picked up.

BDM
Bondsaway
Wow revived from the archives. If you haven't guessed I'm the inhouse Non sports guy. I'm slowly converting the masses into this field. I don't buy packs, I collect costumes and auto's from everything! As seen in my show and tell pictures of my cool-lection!

Some of my collection
BDM
Yeah thought i would try to get a little action going.Wish Lucas would allow costume cards
Know the would be huge in the SW world.

BDM
Bondsaway
if that would ever happen you'd never be able to find packs they'd be gone in a heartbeat
BDM
Good point but would at least like the chance biggrin.gif but it will never happen so all i can do is hope that whatever the 30th anniversary set next year will be it'll have lots of cool stuff

BDM
Bondsaway
Well look for a couple more auto's and something new! Now not sure what they can do thats new? But I'm sure they will try to WOW us with what might be the last Star Wars set.
BDM
Oh it won't be the last considering Lucas is developing two different T.V. series right
now.He has said that he is serious about getting at least one of them on the air in the next couple of years.

BDM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.