Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Official Cincinnati Bengals Thread
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Football
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
19th Century Indiana Jones
Yeah, I'm a fan of the Bengals! Anybody else?

*cricket cricket* unsure.gif baby.gif

BENGALS FIGHT SONG

Here them Bengals Growling
Mean and Angry
Here He Comes a'Prowling
Lean and Hungry
An Offensive Brute
Run, Pass, or Boot
And Defensively, He's Rough, Tough
Cincinnati Bengals!
That's the Team We're Gonna
Cheer to Victory!
Touchdown Bengals!
Get Some Points Up On That Board
And Win a Game for Cincinnati!
fenway1990
i think they have a good team
Too bad about losing Pollack and Thurman earlier in the year. And it's ABOUT TIME they run a more unpredicatable offense. baby.gif
ChiefinP
I like to say I hate the bengals cause all of my buddies here in OH are bengals fans, but Chad is not to be messed with. T.J. is a great possession receiver. I have to root for Carson too cause hes on my fantasy team, The Haynesworth Hustlers. Thiet D is horrid though and probably the only this holding them back from a Championship
northicehero99
Not a Bengals fan, but if it comes down to them or the Cleve Ravens, I would root for them. Ah heck who am I kidding, no I wouldn't. laugh.gif

I like their offense but I do not think they are going to go far in the playoffs although no-one expected the Steelers to last year so you never know. I like Indy, San Diego for the AFC champ this year.

At least they are playing better than the Steelers. laugh.gif
The defense has perked up the last few games and the offensive line seems to be protecting better. baby.gif
ChiefinP
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Dec 7 2006, 02:50 PM)
The defense has perked up the last few games and the offensive line seems to be protecting better. baby.gif

This is very true, but how long will it last?
8-5

Slowly but surely..... baby.gif
braves4life1025
me and 2 of my 4 brothers like the bengals!
ITG Franchises Man
BEGALS FOR TO THE SUPERBOWL!! baby.gif
ChiefinP
I know this happened a few days ago but I thought I'd mention it anyway. This is rediculous..... another bengal arrested. This is the 9th player this year. Ole Marvin needs to find away to control his players a little bit more!
Monday night we will see what the Bengals are really made of. I've been looking forward to this game since the beginning of the season and even more so now since their playoff lives are on the line. baby.gif
HOFerAutoCollector
I heard Pollack's career is over.
QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Dec 15 2006, 11:24 AM)
I heard Pollack's career is over.

That's a shame. He was one of the physical defenders, like Odell.... unsure.gif baby.gif
The Colts are going DOWN tonight!!! boxing.gif starwars.gif flex.gif baby.gif
snkpoct137
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Dec 18 2006, 07:07 PM)
The Colts are going DOWN tonight!!!  boxing.gif  starwars.gif  flex.gif baby.gif

u wish... i wanna see a 60-59 game with peyton throwing for 6 tds, carson throwing for 4 (3 to rudi johnson) and rudi rushing for 3 tds smile.gif.. that would make the day saving both my fantasy teams and sending me to the championship tongue.gif
If I have to lose, I hope the Colts win by 2. smile.gif baby.gif
Looks like the Bengals defense is back to their old selves again. I can't believe they got beat on the SAME play multiple times.

The Play:
- fake handoff draw play to Addai while Manning drops back further
- this keeps the Bengals D-Line up at the line of scrimmage while drawing in the linebackers
- once the linebackers see it is a fake, they turn their backs to Manning to drop back in coverage
- no one covered Addai AFTER the fake handoff was realized and Addai was able to find a soft zone underneath
- why were the LBs playing 6+ yards from the line?

baby.gif
msuwendy
You said it Robert! What I can't understand is why they continued to go with the running game when they were trailing late in the game. Indy's D looked very very motivated to stopping the run and they handled Rudi quite well. Yes, Chad Johnson had to leave the game for some IVs because of cramps, but with TJ and Henry, the Bengals still have some decent threats. They were down a bunch and time was running out....would have made more sense to just air it out. They had nothing to lose and Indy's D has had a tendency to give up some big plays every now and then.
The Colts' defense is built to protect a good lead. Their rush defense is last in the league, but their pass defense is top notch. The Bengals ran because that is where their strength would be against the Colts. But it takes up too much time to score. In the 1st quarter it was a HUGE mistake for Marv to call a time out. It gave the Colts a chance to review the play. They should have run one more play, away from Chad if necessary, so then there could be no review. I think that just changed the momentum of the game early on.

The Bengals uniforms did look like a nice contrast to Colt blue on digital TV. baby.gif
snkpoct137
your stupid bengals cost me a chance at the TCC II championship tongue.gif if palmer does anything yesterday i win hands down... or if the bengals could of limited harrison to only 2 tds mad.gif
I swear, this team must be cursed. NOBODY loses two key games like that! dry.gif mad.gif baby.gif
northicehero99
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Dec 31 2006, 04:29 PM)
I swear, this team must be cursed. NOBODY loses two key games like that!  dry.gif  mad.gif baby.gif

Well at least it was an enjoyable game to watch at points. Could not beleive the Fumblers I mean Steelers fumbled the ball on the goal line again and then gave up the big play. And how does Graham miss that field goal? Well now they can join the Steelers in an early offseason and we can root for anyone/someone to beat the Ravens. laugh.gif
snkpoct137
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Dec 31 2006, 09:32 PM)
Well at least it was an enjoyable game to watch at points.  Could not beleive the Fumblers I mean Steelers fumbled the ball on the goal line again and then gave up the big play.  And how does Graham miss that field goal?  Well now they can join the Steelers in an early offseason and we can root for anyone/someone to beat the Ravens. laugh.gif

yea its sad to because had cincinatti won that game they woulda been in since the broncos lost tongue.gif they had so many chances and just couldnt capitalize... but that game was crazy especially that field goal, it looked perfect it just didnt end that way... what a way to end it though the home town boy coming back and knocking them straight out of the playoffs tongue.gif just imagine if the steelers had beaten the ravens last week though...

Chargers/TBA looks good to me in the superbowl! GOO CHARGERS!
QUOTE(snkpoct137 @ Dec 31 2006, 10:59 PM)
Chargers/TBA looks good to me in the superbowl! GOO CHARGERS!

Yeah, Chargers look like the ones to beat in the AFC. I'm looking at either the Bears or Saints to represent the NFC. baby.gif
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Dec 31 2006, 08:32 PM)
And how does Graham miss that field goal?

Like I said - CURSED. I think the Chargers look like the ones that have a balanced attack on both offense and defense. baby.gif
northicehero99
Not to steal the thread, but as long as Baltimore's defense plays the way it can I think they make it to the AFC final game, I hope not but their defense won some games and seems to force lots of turnovers.
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Jan 1 2007, 09:02 AM)
Not to steal the thread, but as long as Baltimore's defense plays the way it can I think they make it to the AFC final game, I hope not but their defense won some games and seems to force lots of turnovers.

If it's Bears-Ravens, it could be the lowest over/under in the history of the super bowl. It would be like what - 8? baby.gif
The season will soon begin.....
How depressing. They didn't show anything to get excited about.
northicehero99
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Aug 28 2007, 07:45 AM)
How depressing. They didn't show anything to get excited about.

It is only preseason so it is meaningless and they get to play the Browns twice!
YEAH!!!!

At least something resembling a defense showed up!
ffman
Last night's game was fairly wild.
ffman
What a day for Bengal fans today. With 5 minutes left in the 4th, they are getting beat by the Browns 51-38. Talk about your high-scoring game.
StatMansSportsCards
Why on earth would the Bengals sign CB David Jones just prior to the season and not play him? He's from my alma mater and he has a lot of talent. I'm not saying that playing him would vastly improve their defense, but he couldn't be any worse than the corners they have now. They should give him a chance on Monday night against the Patriots.
On the Bengals.com board there is a discussion on "Who on defense would be a starter for another team?"

No one could come up with an answer. Man, I miss Odell. He was the heart of the defense and caused others to respect that defense.
YEAH!!! WHO'S THE MAN!!!!! YEEAAAHHH!!!!
monsta
good win for them today!!!!

maybe this will get them going!!
This team is going nowhere really fast. Three years ago they were really strong playoff contenders - especially with that high-powered offense. Now, with practically the same offense, they are going donut. Wah habben?
Gforce083
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Dec 6 2006, 12:44 PM)
Yeah, I'm a fan of the Bengals! Anybody else?

*cricket cricket*  unsure.gif baby.gif

I thought you switched allegiances to the Browns...Isn't there something against being a Browns AND Bengals fan? Kind of like being a Redskins AND Cowboys fan...it doesn't really work.

None the less, I've always rooted for the Bengals since Ocho came into the league...I like(d) his style. I really wish the Bengals would have taken the Skins trade offer for him during the off season.
QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Oct 27 2008, 08:27 PM)
I thought you switched allegiances to the Browns...Isn't there something against being a Browns AND Bengals fan? Kind of like being a Redskins AND Cowboys fan...it doesn't really work.

None the less, I've always rooted for the Bengals since Ocho came into the league...I like(d) his style. I really wish the Bengals would have taken the Skins trade offer for him during the off season.

Don't get me wrong, I am rooting Browns. I'm just wondering if anyone had any objective input on why a team with such talent is at the bottom of the league. And give me a break - I followed the Bengals for 25 years, so it is natural that I am still curious.
Gforce083
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Oct 27 2008, 07:31 PM)
Don't get me wrong, I am rooting Browns. I'm just wondering if anyone had any objective input on why a team with such talent is at the bottom of the league. And give me a break -  I followed the Bengals for 25 years, so it is natural that I am still curious.

Lol...I'll give you a break! But yes, the Bengals have more problems then we know. I personally like Marvin Lewis and think he's done a good job in someone turning that program around...but things just haven't worked out for him. I think at this point for the Bengals, after the season a new coaching staff be brought in. One that will light a fire under that talented team. I think Marvin could then move on as well and be a great coach elsewhere in the league.
Oh.... So Chad could actually WALK the walk.....
10alex10
alrite chad!
helping the fantasy team out.
Gforce083
How bout dem Bengals...Fitzy connecting with Chad...something Carson couldn't do!
LiLumps
Bengals FTW!
QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Nov 2 2008, 11:14 PM)
How bout dem Bengals...Fitzy connecting with Chad...something Carson couldn't do!

Only because Chad was acting like Braylon. smile.gif
Feeding on the NFC East bottom feeders?
snkpoct137
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Nov 16 2008, 03:58 PM)
Feeding on the NFC East bottom feeders?

the nfc east has bottom feeders?
And yet somehow they found a way to win this season....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.