Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Frame 2.0 Prototype 1
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Show and Tell
Krusin
Got to try the new idea I had for frames over the winter. This one is small, not painted nor sanded. I also used screws to assemble for the prototype in case I had to make a minor adjustment. I'm happy to say the idea works.

New features -

1. The smaller ones can be sat onto a shelf or table without any help, the larger ones will need to have a base built that's a bit wider but that the frame can be slid out of and hung on the wall if you prefer.

2. These frames allow you to see the back of your cards.

The pic's look a little rough right now but now that I know the system works I can go back & counter sink the screws & get it sanded & painted.

Opinions?

user posted image

user posted image

More pic's later in the week when I get it done.
aceecards
I LIKE IT!!

works great for double sided stuff like the passing the torch cards or back to back jacks

northicehero99
Nice frame, you need to put it on a swivel base or flip arms so you can turn it around to see the other side (as long as the cards will not fall out).
aceecards
spin o rama!
Krusin
Krusin Frame Version 2, Prototype 2

1st one so so easy to build, I tried one for a set I hope to have completed one day. The reason I'm saying prototype 2 is - note how the cards are slanted for better viewing. Everything works similar to the old frames just no back now.

Neither is finished just yet, my Sander blew up in my hands yesterday, luckily it was sideways so when the parts went flying I wasn't injured. Hope to have the 2 new ones sanded & painted soon. These are so much easier to build just don't know how large I could make one & it be stable.

My 2013 Masked Men set 6 of the 10

the junk on the bottom is the label on the wood I havent removed yet -
user posted image

user posted image
aceecards
honest critique here

if you are going to slant then you need to make more space between rows , the shadow cast detracts from the top of the card below in my opinion
zacho16122
Nice! I really like the look of thise. Do you plan on finishing the wood? I think that would look great.
Krusin
QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 6 2017, 05:27 PM)
honest critique here

if you are going to slant then you need to make more space between rows , the shadow cast detracts from the top of the card below in my opinion

Thanks that's exactly what I'm looking for. I may be able to rout a slant on the top pieces that would allow for more light.

QUOTE(zacho16122 @ Mar 6 2017, 05:50 PM)
Nice! I really like the look of thise. Do you plan on finishing the wood? I think that would look great.

Thank you!

Yes I will be putting a bit more work in these before they are ready for display. I may try another idea or two before finding what I really really like. I love retirement & spring!!
northicehero99
Nice prototype, but like Ace said tops look darker due to slant. Maybe less of a slant would work better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.