Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Star Wars stuff?? Collectible card game
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > Ask the Experts
Bill Latham
Yesterday I was doing some pre spring stuff/cleaning. Went through my closets and found my box of probably 100 Becketts.. and a slew of those Tuff Stuff price guides that always seemed to book higher than Beckett?

Anyway.. I did find a 2000 Topps baseball complete set which is still just mediocre. And a box called Young Jedi collectible card game/Star Wars episode 1. I remember receiving this box from a co-worker over 15 years ago.. It was sealed at the time. I guess one night I was bored and curious and opened it laugh.gif I carefully opened each pack from the top, looked at the cards, and slid them back into there packs. Although opened, and have been hibernating for nearly 16 years... Are they collectible? Any market for them even though they have been opened?

Any info would be appreciated,
Bill.
Bill Latham
I see on ebay some of these cards are singled out from $1.00 to $25.00..
sasports
if you want to move any of the Becketts or Tuff stuffs, I would be interested in any with the following on the cover:

Former OU Sooners
Alex Ovechkin
Bill Latham
QUOTE(sasports @ Mar 9 2015, 09:29 AM)
if you want to move any of the Becketts or Tuff stuffs, I would be interested in any with the following on the cover:

Former OU Sooners
Alex Ovechkin

Beckett's are collectible as well?? Didn't know that. Sure I have the one with Adrian Peterson on the cover.. I will check them this evening Shawn.

Bill
msw_sportscards
I would do any Becketts or Tuff Stuffs with StL. Cardinals on the Cover.
Bill Latham
QUOTE(msw_sportscards @ Mar 9 2015, 03:44 PM)

Getting them out now.
Bill Latham
These books are amazing.. Just letting you guys know.
Bill Latham
QUOTE(sasports @ Mar 9 2015, 09:29 AM)

Former OU Sooners
Alex Ovechkin

Shawn.. I don't know all the Sooners players but I have these 2

30 years of Beckett. 2009 Beckett sports card monthly with pricing for Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Racing, Wrestling, Americana. On the cover reads.. Power Back! Adrian Peterson commands the Football hobby.

Tuff Stuff 2008 Adrian Peterson MVP of the Football card market.

These are the only two. Like I said.. I don't know many Sooners.
Bill Latham
QUOTE(msw_sportscards @ Mar 9 2015, 03:44 PM)

Marc,

3 of them for you.

2003 Beckett Baseball. Cover reads.. Phat Albert. Albert Pujols Triple crown talent leads to hot list dominance.

2001 Beckett Baseball. Mark McGwire features the cover. In the shadows behind him are Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, and Babe Ruth.

2009 Sports collectors monthly. Albert Pujols on cover. Title reads.. Pure greatness. King Albert #1. Whose next?

Found 1 more Marc,

2002 Sports cards.. Collector edition final issue. McGwire cover waving bye.. Behind him are Cal Ripken and Tony Gwynn. Title reads end of an era. Sports cards bows out with McGwire, Ripken and Gwynn.
Bill Latham
These covers are awesome. Never realized it till now.

Over 10 Jeter covers.. One being the farewell to Yankee stadium.
Ripkin
Bonds
Big Ben
Tommy boy Brady
Pujols
Adrian Peterson
Clemens
Mattingly
Josh Hamilton
Willie Mays
It goes on..... Joe Mauer, Ted Williams, Brett Favre

Basketball as well,
Lebron
Garnett
Kobe
Iverson
Jordan
Carter..

Even frigging Tiger Woods.
sasports
i need the petersons from you biggrin.gif
Bill Latham
QUOTE(sasports @ Mar 9 2015, 09:02 PM)
i need the petersons from you biggrin.gif

They are yours. Tuff Stuff has a little chip on the cover page near the edge.. Although in awesome shape you can't expect a paper back to be perfect.
Bill Latham
One other problem. I have no sleeves for these.. laugh.gif
captkirk42
QUOTE(Bill Latham @ Mar 9 2015, 10:10 PM)
One other problem.  I have no sleeves for these.. laugh.gif

If you have a LCS or comic shop near you get standard magazine bags. Also check large plastic storage bags from the grocery to see if they are close.
Bill Latham
QUOTE(captkirk42 @ Mar 9 2015, 11:07 PM)
If you have a LCS or comic shop near you get standard magazine bags. Also check large plastic storage bags from the grocery to see if they are close.

Thanks Kirk.. Was acually thinking about that last night.

Bill
sasports
Another easy and safe way to ship them is get a large bubble mailer, put 2 pieces of cardboard with the magazine between them wink.gif

What do you need in return for the mags? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.