Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Collecting advice
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Football
Joeysull
I would like to know which on-card rookie autos do you think are the best to collect? I'm looking for cards that aren't serial numbered, hold their value, and are obviously, an on-card auto. Just the base auto. I've been thinking pretty hard about 2014 Topps Inception, but I don't like how some of the players are in #00 and not their real jersey number. Please share your thoughts as they would be much appreciated.
northicehero99
Best to collect would be based on your personal preferences and value really shouldn't matter, as there are going to be rcs that hold their value and others that completely bomb (aka Ryan Leaf). You can pay hundreds for a rookie auto only to find it worthless the next year, that is part of why I stopped collecting as there is just too much hype on RCs anymore. Anyway, when I collected football I thought that Topps Chrome was one of the best to collect, I liked the design of the cards and the set was heavily collected. Topps also seemed to be heavily collected so that was another good one however there have been a bunch of fakes of some of those rookie autos, so not sure about those. Both those sets have always been heavily collected by set builders which means there should be some value to them down the road. I feel off brands like Inception, Momentum, etc while neat don't have as many collectors due to price or style. Everyone has there own tastes and you have to collect what you like as this is not an investment you will get a good return for. The only things that sell well 10 years down the road are staples like Manning, Brady, Rice, etc. and we are still in an era of overproduction for cards.
sasports
As far as look and value, Topps Chrome is my choice every year. They tend to hold their value and they are gorgeous cards! Especially this years design. I love how their basbball design looks this year too! Not only do they hold their value, but they are normally easier to obtain then some of the Higher end items such as Inception.
aceecards
I collect who i want, dont care if it is on card or sticker, dont care if it is serial numbered or not.

makes little or no difference to me if i open a pack and get a rare card or a base, if I like the design and I like the player/team, im keeping ti.

Well i keep everything so.... tongue.gif
aceecards
In football though i traditionally wait until the late season products come out from UD like SPA to get the most pleasing lookking cards even if they are in college unis
northicehero99
QUOTE(aceecards @ Sep 24 2014, 09:16 AM)
I collect who i want, dont care if it is on card or sticker, dont care if it is serial numbered or not.

makes little or no difference to me if i open a pack and get a rare card or a base, if I like the design and I like the player/team, im keeping ti.

Well i keep everything so.... tongue.gif

I am call the tv show Hoarders to see if they can help you! unsure.gif
aceecards
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Sep 24 2014, 11:28 AM)
I am call the tv show Hoarders to see if they can help you!  unsure.gif

do they buy
Joeysull
Thank you all so much for your responses. I guess after some careful consideration and some input on other forums, it looks like I should go with a Panini product. I've been told they have the exclusive NFL license starting next year (this true?). I enjoy opening packs just like about 99% of the people in this hobby, and I want to stick to just one set of cards. I'd like to build a base set of all the rookies and stars and also collect some nice on-card autos. I can afford about $100/month and I'd like to get 1-2 hobby boxes every month. Can you guys think of any Panini products that have these qualities: 1. Nice base set which includes rookies, 2. On-card rookie autos, and 3. Hobby boxes priced at less that $100? Any of your input would be much appreciated.
sasports
I don't belive that ALL of the Autos are on Card, but for this year so far, Panini Elite seems to have the nicest selection of on card autos. That and the cards are beautiful.

They are about 95 per box on DA (I might be able to get them cheaper for you tongue.gif )

So far, that looks like about your only option for your crtieria
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.